Does the SVC give out all sports banners?

Sports 101
Varsity

Does the SVC give out all sports banners?

Post by Sports 101 »

If they do how do they pick them and when do you recive them, because I havent seen any new ones in any svc gyms.

Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them -- a desire, a dream, a vision.
eagles73Taylor
SE

Post by eagles73Taylor »

Just look in either Uniotos or Adenas gym next time. I believe Unioto has won that banner the last several years. There is a point system in place, meaning to be an SVC sport there must be at least five teams participating in an OHSAA sanctioned sport. If you win first place in the league you get 10 pts, 8 for 2nd, 6 for 3rd, 5 for 4th, 4 for 5th, 3 for 6th, 2 for 7th and 1 for 8th.

All sports both boys and girls added up is the winner. Piketon has 1 banner in 1988. My senior year, man I am feeling old. We had a 3rd place football, 2nd CC, 2nd bball, 2nd track and 4th baseball for boys. The only girls I am sure of is 1st in track. I know that our girls were solid in there sports as well.

This is why Unioto usually wins, they are solid or very good in sports like CC, vball, softball, baseball and both track.

mstangmom
SEOPS HOF

Post by mstangmom »

Yes they do.
can't remember who all has gotten it the last couple year my oldest always kept track of that I will ask him next time we talk. seems to me the last couple years he would say something like if we win this we get the all sports banner. hard to keep track of with him at college though.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Unioto has twelve and a I believe Adena has 10
They are given out to the School at the SVC spring sports banquet.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

9 for 1st
7 for 2nd and so on.

Unioto won their 1st all sport banner in 1991-92 and has won it all but 3 years since. Westfall won it twice in that span and ZT won their only one in 2001-2002.

I think Unioto and Westfall are neck and neck right now and will remain that way going into the spring. Unioto gets big help from CC and Track, considering Football hurts them in most years.

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

Wells since out track teams will beat yours all we have to do is finish in front of you in Baseball and softball to secure another SVC All Sports banner.lol

Return to “Football”