Vinton County 41 Meigs 29

ma77ox
Varsity

Re: WK4 (2-1) Meigs @ (0-3) Vinton County

Post by ma77ox »

Ironman99 wrote:Meigs isn't that good all you have to do is get after the QB and game over.when you are on offense block cody keep him
out off defense you win
What was that ironman99????

People Have The Right To Their Opinion, And You Have The Right To Ignore It.
notsurprised2
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised2 »

[quote][/quote]Best players on the field tonight will determine the game, not the depth chart...Sorry, but Meigs has way more talent on that football field, this isn't basketball. per ma77ox

No need to apologize for lack of knowledge. VC has way more talent than you realize, and like i said VC top 5 athletes against Meigs top 5 i pick VC. Depth is the question? Best of luck to both teams

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

notsurprised2 wrote:
Best players on the field tonight will determine the game, not the depth chart...Sorry, but Meigs has way more talent on that football field, this isn't basketball. per ma77ox

No need to apologize for lack of knowledge. VC has way more talent than you realize, and like i said VC top 5 athletes against Meigs top 5 i pick VC. Depth is the question? Best of luck to both teams
Well you would think that with all that athletic ability that they would win some ball games, especially them being a D3 going against all Lower D4, D5 and D6 teams...These better athletes that VC has over Meigs is just now 10-23 the last 4 years...Meigs is 23-13 in the same 4 years...4-0 versus Vinton County, has outscored VC 123-33......I would think with all that athletic ability they could pull out more wins then meigs and depth chart not being the only difference that would make them lose....Getting all those athletes to play the game of football together is what's important, having 11 men on each side of the ball working together is what is important, not so sure why you even bring up who has more athletes, that point makes no difference...Of course your going to think the kids you have watched grow are going to be more athletic...As I will think the same for the ones I have. It's called being a homer.

notsurprised2
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised2 »

ma77ox you missed the point. I am simply stating that with QB Bartrum out VC may have the best 4, 5, or 6 athletes on the field. I also said that i would take VC's best five over Meigs best five at this point without Bartrum being available. I then qustioned whether that would be enough for the W based on depth. I never mentioned past years performances or the records the past four years. I am speaking about this years team. Relax no foul intended, it is football friday night,the sun is shining, have a cold drink and enjoy the game this evening.

TRENCHFOOT
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by TRENCHFOOT »

Good luck to Meigs.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

I'm just uncertain why taking VC's best 5 over Meigs best 5 has anything to do with the game...When you say Athletes, I look at the whole picture, such as beyond football...We have several athletes on the field that are competitive and good in Football, Basketball, Wresting, Baseball and Track...We have decent success in all these sports because of these athletes....Where as VC has success in Basketball and some in Wrestling...Football program isn't that great, baseball team is horrible, and not much success on the track field...So how can you say VC has more athletes on the field then Meigs.

Anyways I will enjoy the game, will be a good one for sure....Just hope everyone stays injury free.

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

"Meigs is 23-13 in the same 4 years"

In what sport?

MeyerSpread
JV Team

Post by MeyerSpread »

MeyerSpread wrote:Same score, JV will just get in a little slower.
Still feel the same, Cody Bartrum is great but Meigs is way more than one player! It will take a lot more than losing Bartrum to lose to VC... no offense to VC but Meigs is loaded with talent.

notsurprised2
Waterboy

Post by notsurprised2 »

I didnt say VC has more athletes. That is my point. I think VC has the top 4, 5, or 6 athletes on the field tonight. I respect the athletes at meigs and their programs. I am wondering if those 4, 5, 6, can pull enough weight to get W.? No disrespect intended. Wish you safe travels and hope for a clean injury free game.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

MeyerSpread wrote:"Meigs is 23-13 in the same 4 years"

In what sport?
2013 7-3
2014 5-5
2015 6-4
2016 2-1

I meant 20-13

21-13 after tonight...lol

Fridaynite
Waterboy

Post by Fridaynite »

Score ??

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

14/00 meigs

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Southernpride69
Waterboy

Post by Southernpride69 »

Meigs lives and dies on big plays can't win unless they have 3-5 big plays. Not a consecutive offense at all.

indianabuck
All State

Post by indianabuck »

Congrats to the Vikings on the Huge win to open TVC play.

NewEra
All Conference
Location: Hickory, Indiana - I know everything there is to know about the greatest game ever invented.

Post by NewEra »

Called it.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Boy that crow must taste great! Lol

Nice win Vikings!!

Was cool to see both teams meet in the middle of the field after a hard fought game for a prayer. Classy by both staffs and players. Good luck the rest of the way Meigs!

Ironman99
Freshman Team

Post by Ironman99 »

If meigs was so loaded with talent why the loss could it be in the coaching or have you over evaluated the level of talent. Ps vinton's first win.great win vinton county

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

NewEra wrote:Called it.
Good call. 41 points in the second half is insane. Congrats to the Vikings. Meigs had a lot of injuries, but it was still beat a quality team on the field that VC beat tonight.

Someonebetter
Waterboy

Post by Someonebetter »

Wow! Was Meigs playing with kids hurt? I was thinking Meigs would win this one easily.

ma77ox
Varsity

Post by ma77ox »

Has Meigs came out of the locker room for the 2nd half?

I will stand by Meigs having more talent, is it used right...nope, sure isn't..VC has Yates, he literally kicked our butts the 2nd half on the same plays over and over...We simply didn't get the ball to bounce our way, not going to win many ball games on 4 turnovers in one half and then a bad snap over the punters head to the 3 yard line. If anything bad could happen it happened tonight in the 2nd half.

And it doesn't help when Garretson went out after his TD with a possible color-bone break and his backup was Cullums in which didn't practice and was in a boot and on crutches all week during practice.

I will say this, VC figured out the 2 plays that beat us and we couldn't stop it. I have heard that there was only 4 penalties on VC all night, 3 of them being false starts and the other a hands to the face. But I won't blame the loss on that...We simply didn't come out of the locker room the 2nd half.

And Ironman99, dude you are bipolar....bet the highlight of your night was to come online and put down the Meigs boys.

Return to “Football”