Fort Frye 37 Northridge 20

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 4: Johnstown Northridge (1-2) @ Fort Frye (3-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

Courthouse is D4 team needed a good 4th Qt to win by 2 TDs but if Fort don't blow them out they are overrated. I think we are over looking things a little bit. Team you are in week 11 is not the team you are in week 4 stupid comparison.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I already said that my post earlier in the thread was silly by saying it "should be over by halftime." I am saying though that if the Fort can't take care of business in controlling fashion then they are overrated. I don't think this will have any effect on league play, even if Fort were to lose Friday they would still be my pick to win the PVC. I agree that Northridge would be one of the better teams in the PVC. Comparing week 4 to week 11 may be a stupid comparison, but I don't see a team that struggles with Northridge making it past week 11 plain and simple. Obviously there are a lot of things that can happen in a short amount of time especially in Highschool football. I think when it comes to week 4 and what it means in terms of what team Northridge and Fort Frye have we will agree to disagree. I respect your opinion an aweful lot Eastern and I'll admit I've learned quite a bit about the Cadets from you, but on this topic we will disagree. And let me make it clear if this Friday ends up being a nail biter and yet at the same time FF makes some playoff noise later, and Northridge ends up having a winning season i will be sure and eat some crow shoot I may even start a thread saying " EASTERN YOU WERE RIGHT ABOUT NORTHRIDGE" haha just kidding on that part lol with that being said good luck to the Cadets and the Vikings Friday! If any Northridge players or coaches happen to see any of my above comments I doubt you care and you shouldn't, but if it did bother you, remember, I am nothing more than an old fat man eating doritos in the bleachers that really knows absolutely nothing on Friday nights while you boys are busting your butts playing some football.

Lindy
Riding the Bench

Post by Lindy »

Fort Frye will fight hard to win this game. It won't be easy but they are well coached and battle tested. Coach Huck just needs to get one playoff win and I think that would put him in some pretty good conversations.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Playoff win or not, I think Forts coach has done a very fine job.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It depends on matchup when playoff starts.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

formerfcfan wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:
formerfcfan wrote: Amanda beat Meigs.
And Meigs both wins come from 0-3 schools, one being an only 6 point win against a ridiculously young and struggling Logan team.
Right, but they're a middle sized school with wins.

WCH and Lakewood have struggled in previous years, yeah, but nothing indicates they're struggling this year. Plus, the definition of "struggling" is relative. You could put WCH and Lakewood in the PVC, TVC-Hocking, OVC, and in the case of WCH the SVC and they'd do just fine.
So what I see here is a very interesting cross sampling of teams from different regions, and nobody is quite sure exactly how good any of them is. How many of the teams have any of us actually seen this year? One. I have seen one.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Personally efarns, I see all of them every Friday. I'm pretty amazing. :mrgreen:

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Stan_Marsh wrote:Personally efarns, I see all of them every Friday. I'm pretty amazing. :mrgreen:
You are, indeed. :D

Moe
Waterboy

Post by Moe »

Personally, I tend to look at football with the "Any given Sunday" motto. What "should" happen is not necessarily what always does happen. There are a lot of factors to look at every week. From injuries, to "off" nights, to weather ( some teams do well in the rain and some do well in the heat and some don't do well in either) to play calling. It can happen to any player, team or coach. That being said and comparing teams I would like to say that Fort Frye "should" have no problem winning this Friday. But honestly, when you look back at last years playoff game, Fort Frye "should" or at least "could" have won that game. Not taking anything away from the Freddies, they were a very good team (and I was glad to see them do well in the playoffs) but not any better than what I saw out of Fort Frye throughout the season last year. I think Fort has great coaches, however, I think there are times that the play calling seems to get focused in on one or two players and what they think should work, then when it doesn't they do not always adjust the plays to capitalize on the many weapons that they do have. If, as a fan, I see this or at the very least perceive it this way, I fear that the opposing coaches will as well. But this is all just an opinion! Go Cadets!

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Moe those are some excellent thoughts!

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea need to get Brady going again after he only had 1 target last week.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

efarns wrote:
Stan_Marsh wrote:Personally efarns, I see all of them every Friday. I'm pretty amazing. :mrgreen:
Haha I certainly talk like I see every team play every Friday at least :mrgreen: you bring about a good point and to truthfully answer you. I've seen Fort Frye, Northridge, WCH, Lakewood, Amanda, and Meigs play a grand total of 0 times this year. The teams that I have watched this year would actually shock some people based off of what I post on here. I'm just a football junkie to be honest, played the game about 100 years ago, don't really have a "team" so to speak of when it comes to Highschool football, but I've developed some friends over the years that have kids, relatives, you name it, in most parts of the state except out west. Don't really have any MAC nation connections, but I am proud to live in what I consider the best Highschool football state in the nation and just enjoying watching kids play their hearts out on any given Friday night. Saturday I'm watching my Buckeyes and Sunday I'm watching....my.... Browns :cry:
With that being said I enjoy talking with folks on these forums rather it be agreeing or disagreeing I respect the many opinions and just try to come up with my thoughts and inferences based off scores, numbers, games I've happened to catch, and word of mouth from folks on here or conversations with others. Too often, as this thread in particular shows, I rely a little bit too much on the past or recent past when I make my judgements. Sometimes I get lucky sometimes I look like an absolute fool and that's ok.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Stan_Marsh wrote:
efarns wrote:
Haha I certainly talk like I see every team play every Friday at least :mrgreen: you bring about a good point and to truthfully answer you. I've seen Fort Frye, Northridge, WCH, Lakewood, Amanda, and Meigs play a grand total of 0 times this year. The teams that I have watched this year would actually shock some people based off of what I post on here. I'm just a football junkie to be honest, played the game about 100 years ago, don't really have a "team" so to speak of when it comes to Highschool football, but I've developed some friends over the years that have kids, relatives, you name it, in most parts of the state except out west. Don't really have any MAC nation connections, but I am proud to live in what I consider the best Highschool football state in the nation and just enjoying watching kids play their hearts out on any given Friday night. Saturday I'm watching my Buckeyes and Sunday I'm watching....my.... Browns :cry:
With that being said I enjoy talking with folks on these forums rather it be agreeing or disagreeing I respect the many opinions and just try to come up with my thoughts and inferences based off scores, numbers, games I've happened to catch, and word of mouth from folks on here or conversations with others. Too often, as this thread in particular shows, I rely a little bit too much on the past or recent past when I make my judgements. Sometimes I get lucky sometimes I look like an absolute fool and that's ok.
Well said. I was thinking last year that everyone's been getting along too well and it makes the forum boring. I'll remember to play along next time ;)

To me, the biggest difference between this year's game and last year's game is the direction of the programs. Last year, Fort Frye wasn't sure how good they were and Northridge was coming into the game undefeated. However nearly talented the teams are, Fort Frye winning 10 regular season games in a row vs. Northridge winning 1(?) game since then is going to make difference this time around. I expect something similar to the Waterford score.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

I know very little about Northridge, but based on Forts remaining be schedule, they are one of the few teams that may be able to play with Fort with the other being Buckeye Trail. The Cadets have to approach every game like its do or die because if they stumble just once, they will hover in the 7-11 spot in the playoff picture. I really don't think this game is in question late but feel it's a touchdown game at half and Fort Frye dominates 2nd half. A game with as much impact on this game itself for the Cadets is the Trimble-Waterford game.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

^^excellent points

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The good thing for the Cadets is the overall region is down fantastic50.net has them as 83 % chance to make the playoffs needing (8-2) to make it. Only way I see them getting a home game is (10-0).

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

That's very true Eastern, also the regional finalists from last year both appear to be weaker then they were last season. Grandview suffered a loss to North Union, now North Union is 3-0 so maybe they are that good, Fredericktown, however, I actually watched play Danville. The Freddies don't look to be the same team they were a year ago. Danville is obviously going to be a good team, but still Fredericktown did not look anywhere close to as good as last season.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

FF 7-0 in the 2nd. Stopped Northridge within 10 yards or the endzone

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

13-7 Fort at Half

Hopefully the Cadets can play a cleaner 2nd half.

Phoenix
JV Team

Post by Phoenix »

FF up 19-14

Return to “Football”