Fort Frye 35 Waterford 14

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: WK 3: Waterford (2-0) @ Fort Frye (2-0)

Post by EasternDspy »

Totally agree but Cadets have great coaching and I don't think they'll overlook the heated rival. It's Waterford week and they'll be ready.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I just hope they don't let other stuff such as pep rally's and other stuff get in the way of the focus.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Blah blah blab blab blah. When FF starts playing teams with almost twice the enrollment let me know. Waterford plays this game for one reason. Money. FF plays this game for money and because they like to play a pathetic schedule. That said Waterford never backs down and this is the best group in years. Numbers alone say that FF should win easily, but if you experts think you are going to just show up and win, you have a big surprise coming. Pressure is on FF when their stiffest competition is a school with half as many boys.

Stone Cold
JV Team

Post by Stone Cold »

Should be a good one. Both teams play great defense. I like the cadets 14-7. Good luck to both schools!!'

And that's the bottom line, b/c Stone Cold said so....
whompascat
All Conference

Post by whompascat »

f.F by 3 scores

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye is small they are 130 boys almost D7 so stop with the Fort Frye wins because they are so much bigger. That's crap no one said that when Waterford dominated in the early 2000s. Fort Frye wins this game because they have a better program, better coaches and for the most part better players.

J_Manziel2
Freshman Team

Post by J_Manziel2 »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort Frye is small they are 130 boys almost D7 so stop with the Fort Frye wins because they are so much bigger. That's crap no one said that when Waterford dominated in the early 2000s. Fort Frye wins this game because they have a better program, better coaches and for the most part better players.
"For the most part" needs changed to "Its a Fact". Fort Frye has way better athletes and it's not debateable. That's why they have owned and will continue to own Waterford. And to think the PVC is weak this year, it's still probably as good as the TVC when it's up.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

The last time Waterford won they leaned on mostly one player In that game. Derek Hoge was a stud think he ran for over 200. In other years when they won they relied on Jason Sampson and Dan Doebriner. Those 3 were studs and they carried the Wildcats. It had nothing to do with the size of the school. Coach Huck has built this team through development at all levels all the way down to peewee. A lot of blood sweat a tears from this coaching staff and the younger level staffs. Like I said Fort was right on the boarder for D7 so the school size excuse is lame. These boys all look forward to this 4 Qt game all year. None of these boys for either team can go Jukebox, Turners, IGA without someone asking about this 1 game. It may not be a big deal to most but it is to these young men. I know both teams want this game so bad. I think Waterford has a great shot of playoffs regardless.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote:Idk what teams want Fort to do? The first 2 games both wins by the Cadets were not as close as the score. In the Belpre game the Cadets lead 29-0 and vs Newcomerstown it was 33-0. Coach Huck has class yea we could put 58 on a team like Waterford but he used the 2nd half to get younger players PT. No need to get a key player hurt when the game is pretty much over at half. People want to say Waterford returns a ton but do they return 17 Srs? Cadets have 4 Srs that can strike at any time. Casey Lewis has 354 yards on like 27 carries and 4 TDs that's 12 yards a carry. Brady Carpenter has 4 Rec TDs. Garrett Lockery is the Swiss Army Knife he had 2 Rec Tds but also a very successful ball carrier. Clay Baker is another good player that can get tough yards but can turn a shot pass into a huge gain. Tate had a great year last year but he's even better this year throwing 7 Tds in 2 games. Even with all that offense the defense has been even better.
What do you want people to say? Everybody on the thread has predicted a Fort Frye win. Let's all predict 40-point blowouts? Waterford doesn't have a chance and shouldn't show up? Should we just call off the game?

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

When you have to find 15 football players the difference between 70 and 130 is huge. If Waterford wins it's a big deal. If we lose nobody thinks bad on anyone. Not an excuse, that's the reality of it. At 130 you are closer to being Div V (144) then Div VII (-99). Won't matter when the game starts, but that's the reason there are 7 divisions in football and not other sports.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

H2O4RD wrote:When you have to find 15 football players the difference between 70 and 130 is huge. If Waterford wins it's a big deal. If we lose nobody thinks bad on anyone. Not an excuse, that's the reality of it. At 130 you are closer to being Div V (144) then Div VII (-99). Won't matter when the game starts, but that's the reason there are 7 divisions in football and not other sports.
Just a lame excuse in my opinion.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

efarns wrote:
EasternDspy wrote:Idk what teams want Fort to do? The first 2 games both wins by the Cadets were not as close as the score. In the Belpre game the Cadets lead 29-0 and vs Newcomerstown it was 33-0. Coach Huck has class yea we could put 58 on a team like Waterford but he used the 2nd half to get younger players PT. No need to get a key player hurt when the game is pretty much over at half. People want to say Waterford returns a ton but do they return 17 Srs? Cadets have 4 Srs that can strike at any time. Casey Lewis has 354 yards on like 27 carries and 4 TDs that's 12 yards a carry. Brady Carpenter has 4 Rec TDs. Garrett Lockery is the Swiss Army Knife he had 2 Rec Tds but also a very successful ball carrier. Clay Baker is another good player that can get tough yards but can turn a shot pass into a huge gain. Tate had a great year last year but he's even better this year throwing 7 Tds in 2 games. Even with all that offense the defense has been even better.
What do you want people to say? Everybody on the thread has predicted a Fort Frye win. Let's all predict 40-point blowouts? Waterford doesn't have a chance and shouldn't show up? Should we just call off the game?
Def not what I was talking about I personally think this will be a great game. I was talking in general overall perception based on Forts first 2 games. I'm talking on polls on this website or comments on other threads. People seem to think the Cadets struggled in the first 2 games which is a lie they actually dominated. Look at the yardage and inside the game stuff such as How they score , When they score and how quickly. This team held Bedgood to -9 Yards on 6 carries. A guy on here ranks all the teams on the site and he had the Cadets at 42 and Waterford at 20.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

The only thing lame is FF schedule.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

H2O4RD wrote:The only thing lame is FF schedule.
That's not the coaches fault. You think it's so easy to schedule? What teams do you suggest? Fort Frye tried to get Williamstown, Barnesville among others on the schedule. Teams knew what Fort returned and didn't want to play them this year.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

I don't know if that would be the reason that Barnesville turned them down. The others I can see.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

FF by 21. Trimble is the best team in the Hocking, not Waterford

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stan_Marsh wrote:I don't know if that would be the reason that Barnesville turned them down. The others I can see.
Barnesville has refused to play Fort for years even saying that they'd join the PVC if it wasn't for Fort Frye. They did agree to start playing us next year but would not play the Fort this year.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I'm hoping Barnesville joins the PVC soon.

H2O4RD
Freshman Team

Post by H2O4RD »

Does FF always celebrate with the band and spectators on the field after victories on the road or is that only at Waterford?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

H2O4RD wrote:Does FF always celebrate with the band and spectators on the field after victories on the road or is that only at Waterford?

They do that every game. They also hold team prayer.

Return to “Football”