Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Re: WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

maniac66 wrote:
P(irate) wrote:Does this mean there will be no rematch in the playoffs? I don't think I can go a whole year without a 19 page thread.
Your just pure Class aren't you.
The Pirates won a game and won with little problem.
But you just are the cream of the crop with your pleasure of young men being beat soundly.
I will be the first to admit Ironton fans a few still live in the past but most respect Wheelersburg and admit and root for them to represent South East Ohio well and bring home a State Championship.
But a simple fact like it or not these are High School kids playing a game for everyone to cheer for.
Yes Ironton has a few fans that bother people but one thing for sure being to big to admit they was beat by a better team was rarely a problem.
You have a very good program and very talented team but be gracious in a win please.
This one will not stop.
28 going on 8.
The first to post "UNBELIEVABLE" while he was leaving the coldwater game early last year.
I still listened to the whole game rooting for the burg as a tiger fan & thinking about what it takes NOW, for a se Ohio squad to go beyond regional champions.
As the burg continues to excel I will proudly root for them to go all the way.
Last edited by Tjhtygeverve on Sat Aug 27, 2016 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Valenth
SEOP

Re: Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Post by Valenth »

Redsfan wrote:A few comments/questions about Burg:

1. When you have 83 kids in your program it promotes competition (in the weight room and on the field). You have to come to practice every day ready to fight for playing time. This shows on Friday night. In a lot of weeks the competition in practice will be more than what they will see in the game.

2. Burg isn't going away any time soon. They only have 12 seniors on the roster. That means next years roster will be around 90!.........not just 90 bodies, but 90 football players/athletes. This is a special time for the program that everyone needs to enjoy.....it won't last forever.

3. With that being said, what can Burg (or anyone else in SE Ohio) do to strengthen its schedule and get them ready for a team like Coldwater? Its not easy for a team from our area. Nobody wants to play Wheelersburg. Ironton went through it for years.....I remember several times they could only get 9 games. Everyone says play this team or play that team, but you must realize that so and so must want to play you AND your open dates must align.

I think Burg needs to look at Scheduling WV and KY Teams.... Some teams I think they could schedule to boost the schedule...

Johnson Central
Belfry (KY)
Lexington Christian
Pikeville
Cabell Midland
Spring Valley
Huntington

Also Schedule a Cincy or Columbus team that's a good Divison 3 or 4.... It wouldn't hurt.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

Mattash should take this entire thread to a publisher and have a coffee table book made out it......it would be a USA Today's best seller list!!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

BigChuck wrote:Mattash should take this entire thread to a publisher and have a coffee table book made out it......it would be a USA Today's best seller list!!!
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

They need to keep what they're doing & schedule:
Hartley
DeSales
&
Belfry

They are in a situation to go past ColdH20 by learning from their loss & scheduling those 3 teams each year.

It's how IHS got out of the region & into the finals. Then you have to hold your breath that the zebras aren't going to make you re-kick an xtra point, spot you back a yard, & somehow only lose their sight when your opponent passes in the state championship final.
Those 3 squads will push you, inspire you, & teach you something your coach knows he can't.

BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

Valenth wrote:

1. When you have 83 kids in your program it promotes competition (in the weight room and on the field). You have to come to practice every day ready to fight for playing time. This shows on Friday night. In a lot of weeks the competition in practice will be more than what they will see in the game.

2. Burg isn't going away any time soon. They only have 12 seniors on the roster. That means next years roster will be around 90!.........not just 90 bodies, but 90 football players/athletes. This is a special time for the program that everyone needs to enjoy.....it won't last forever.

3. With that being said, what can Burg (or anyone else in SE Ohio) do to strengthen its schedule and get them ready for a team like Coldwater? Its not easy for a team from our area. Nobody wants to play Wheelersburg. Ironton went through it for years.....I remember several times they could only get 9 games. Everyone says play this team or play that team, but you must realize that so and so must want to play you AND your open dates must align.

I think Burg needs to look at Scheduling WV and KY Teams.... Some teams I think they could schedule to boost the schedule...

Johnson Central
Belfry (KY)
Lexington Christian
Pikeville
Cabell Midland
Spring Valley
Huntington

Also Schedule a Cincy or Columbus team that's a good Divison 3 or 4.... It wouldn't hurt.
I know next season, burg drops fairland and picks up waterson, also we dropped north college hill and picked up a team out of the Dayton area.

Valenth
SEOP

Post by Valenth »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Valenth wrote:

Johnson Central
Belfry (KY)
Lexington Christian
Pikeville
Cabell Midland
Spring Valley
Huntington

I know next season, burg drops fairland and picks up waterson, also we dropped north college hill and picked up a team out of the Dayton area.

Those are two very good moves IMO.... I hope this helps Burg get to the point where they can Battle with Coldwater!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

I have had computer issues. our router had went out. so I'm way behind on reading this topic. I was not able to get to the game myself, because I was not back in time. but I have nothing but praises for wheelersburg's team. I did get to at least hear the game via computer. and I know our secondary got eaten up. I love my fighting tigers win or lose. and wanted to be there. but it seemed the pirates could score on us any time they chose to.we didn't get our first down until like 4:45 left in the fist half. all I can say is I hate hearing burg fans say they want this series to end. I know they've reeled off like 6 in a row. but until 2007, I think burg had only beaten ironton like 3 times. so I truly hope this series continues, burg is making a huge run at turning what was a lopsided rivalry into a much closer series now. but this game is good in so many ways for these 2 communities. honestly from what I've heard . I look for Russell to smoke us like a cheap cigar as well. I have no idea what will wake our program up. but i'll still be a fan through thick and thin. again congratulations to wheelersburg. I hope it was an injury free game, but I had computer issues and lost the game several times. for ironton, nothing you can do but learn from losses and correct mistakes. obviously wheelersburg was the far superior team Friday.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
fred_flinstone
Freshman Team

Post by fred_flinstone »

Sportygirl.... Get rid of Lafon? He's one of the best basketball coaches in the area and since he has become the AD, the Ironton Classic has begun and brought in more money than Ironton ever would have thought I mean look at all the upgrades under his watch to the football and basketball facilities. And to mention some of these other people by name and their kids and degrade them like that.. Please get a grip. Their are families of these people Nd their children that get on here and see this. Though you may not like somebody or something be respectful. I am not an Ironton fan and I agree the football staff needs the cupboards emptied but the way you stated it was a little over the top.

BobSugar
Riding the Bench

Post by BobSugar »

BurgGrad6 wrote:
Valenth wrote:

Johnson Central
Belfry (KY)
Lexington Christian
Pikeville
Cabell Midland
Spring Valley
Huntington

Watterson on the schedule is definitely taking it up a notch. Curious to hear what Dayton team they added. Oakwood? Chaminade? Anyways, an improvement over NCH.

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

IBTT....come out, come out where ever you are

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

wobycat wrote:Prayers bait

THANK YOU WOBY. GOTTA DO A SURGICAL PROCEDURE. BUT THE DR. SEEMS TO THINK IT'S NOT CANCER AND A FOREIGN BODY IN THERE FROM A PREVIOUS SURGERY OR A PIECE OF NUYLON OR VELCRO THAT ENTERED MY LEG FROM DECADES OF WEARING KNEE BRACES. THEY ARE SCHEDULING THE PROCEDURE AND THANK YOU.
Last edited by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT on Sat Aug 27, 2016 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
Noitall
JV Team

Post by Noitall »

Did burg dress their JV team ? Of not ,how in the world do you dress that many varsity players,and still play in such little division?

They have had the same amount of boys in that school for seen a like 50 years .

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I have had computer issues. our router had went out. so I'm way behind on reading this topic. I was not able to get to the game myself, because I was not back in time. but I have nothing but praises for wheelersburg's team. I did get to at least hear the game via computer. and I know our secondary got eaten up. I love my fighting tigers win or lose. and wanted to be there. but it seemed the pirates could score on us any time they chose to.we didn't get our first down until like 4:45 left in the fist half. all I can say is I hate hearing burg fans say they want this series to end. I know they've reeled off like 6 in a row. but until 2007, I think burg had only beaten ironton like 3 times. so I truly hope this series continues, burg is making a huge run at turning what was a lopsided rivalry into a much closer series now. but this game is good in so many ways for these 2 communities. honestly from what I've heard . I look for Russell to smoke us like a cheap cigar as well. I have no idea what will wake our program up. but i'll still be a fan through thick and thin. again congratulations to wheelersburg. I hope it was an injury free game, but I had computer issues and lost the game several times. for ironton, nothing you can do but learn from losses and correct mistakes. obviously wheelersburg was the far superior team Friday.
got my router replaced by TWC this early afternoon. I had no idea what I'd missed to this point, wowzers.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

BobSugar wrote:
BurgGrad6 wrote:
Valenth wrote:

Johnson Central
Belfry (KY)
Lexington Christian
Pikeville
Cabell Midland
Spring Valley
Huntington

you get the chance to strap up with beechwwod, ky or Johnson central. those would be awesome games for burg.

Watterson on the schedule is definitely taking it up a notch. Curious to hear what Dayton team they added. Oakwood? Chaminade? Anyways, an improvement over NCH.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

HOW MANY PLAYERS DID BURG HAVE DRESSED.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:HOW MANY PLAYERS DID BURG HAVE DRESSED.

JTEK
All State

Post by JTEK »

Noitall wrote:Did burg dress their JV team ? Of not ,how in the world do you dress that many varsity players,and still play in such little division?

They have had the same amount of boys in that school for seen a like 50 years .
I think all teams in this area dress there jv and most dress there freshman nowadays also.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Tjhtygeverve wrote:
maniac66 wrote:
P(irate) wrote:Does this mean there will be no rematch in the playoffs? I don't think I can go a whole year without a 19 page thread.
Your just pure Class aren't you.
The Pirates won a game and won with little problem.
But you just are the cream of the crop with your pleasure of young men being beat soundly.
I will be the first to admit Ironton fans a few still live in the past but most respect Wheelersburg and admit and root for them to represent South East Ohio well and bring home a State Championship.
But a simple fact like it or not these are High School kids playing a game for everyone to cheer for.
Yes Ironton has a few fans that bother people but one thing for sure being to big to admit they was beat by a better team was rarely a problem.
You have a very good program and very talented team but be gracious in a win please.
This one will not stop.
28 going on 8.
The first to post "UNBELIEVABLE" while he was leaving the coldwater game early last year.
I still listened to the whole game rooting for the burg as a tiger fan & thinking about what it takes NOW, for a se Ohio squad to go beyond regional champions.
As the burg continues to excel I will proudly root for them to go all the way.
:cry:

sportygrl
Riding the Bench

Post by sportygrl »

Stay strong Tigers.. We love you

Return to “Football”