Wheelersburg 49 Ironton 6

Buramgerdin
Freshman Team

Re: WK1 Ironton @ Wheelersburg

Post by Buramgerdin »

JTEK wrote:
tobehonest wrote:To be honest.... if Wheelersburg's LB'ers graduated , Ironton will be fine . Prob the two best I've seen round here
Both backers return
This will be the difference in the game. I have seen both teams. Ironton had two very good LBs last year that made the majority of their tackles and both I understand are playing in college. This years LBs do not look anything like last years. The LB play I watched was lacking and I don't believe I saw either make a tackle.

Crab's Brother
SEO

Post by Crab's Brother »

IBTT wrote:He was only given garbage time to play last season as he was a late transfer into the school district and the coaches didn't know what he was capable of. He played mostly defense as he wasn't there early and didn't learn the play book. I believe Ironton will be just fine. This kid will be a good help as some others have mentioned. It is always nice to have a back with breakaway speed. He definitely has that and everyone will know what he has within the first couple plays.

1-9 teams don't give only "garbage time" to "D1" players.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Crab's Brother wrote:
IBTT wrote:He was only given garbage time to play last season as he was a late transfer into the school district and the coaches didn't know what he was capable of. He played mostly defense as he wasn't there early and didn't learn the play book. I believe Ironton will be just fine. This kid will be a good help as some others have mentioned. It is always nice to have a back with breakaway speed. He definitely has that and everyone will know what he has within the first couple plays.

1-9 teams don't give only "garbage time" to "D1" players.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

BigChuck
JV Team

Post by BigChuck »

So then how does he have this "unbelievable" highlight film? Highlight films are not done on kids who only get "garbage time".
You should really be ashamed of yourself building up a KID in legendary status. Let the kid be who he is going to be, on the field of play, Maybe he ends up being an absolute stud, maybe he ends up being a back up running back but the kid deserved that opportunity to be who he is going to be for Ironton on his own. Not with someone setting up crazy expectations and placing a target on his back before he even took his first handoff. Just My Opinion!!

There's the BURG....then there's everyone else!
[img][/http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Xr29B08bBPw/T ... oll.jpgimg]
IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

He had a number of nice highlights that I watched myself. He also has looked great in practice. What I know about this kid is that I have watched him since he was in the 4th grade. Back then he was way ahead of his age in his abilities. He would do amazing things for such a young kid all through until junior high. Watching last year's highlights, he hasn't dropped off at all. Don't let the stats fool you, he is a great athlete. If he would have a bad game, it happens. He is a young man and that can happen. One thing I also like about him is his attitude. He doesn't get caught up in any hype. He has fun and plays the game. No worries whatsoever. Great kid. He not only has grace with his running ability, he has flat trucked some kids. Fun kid to watch since he has been a tiger. He is only one part of the team, it should be an exciting night. Ironton 31 Burg 21

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

IBTT wrote:He had a number of nice highlights that I watched myself. He also has looked great in practice. What I know about this kid is that I have watched him since he was in the 4th grade. Back then he was way ahead of his age in his abilities. He would do amazing things for such a young kid all through until junior high. Watching last year's highlights, he hasn't dropped off at all. Don't let the stats fool you, he is a great athlete. If he would have a bad game, it happens. He is a young man and that can happen. One thing I also like about him is his attitude. He doesn't get caught up in any hype. He has fun and plays the game. No worries whatsoever. Great kid. He not only has grace with his running ability, he has flat trucked some kids. Fun kid to watch since he has been a tiger. He is only one part of the team, it should be an exciting night. Ironton 31 Burg 21
That's a way better post. Good to hear that he is level headed, however your score is way off. No way burg gives up 31 to Ironton. They gave up 10 to Russell and their running back is really good.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Game day prediction:

Ironton -------- 28
Wheelersburg- 24

art_vandelay
SE

Re: WEEK 1 IRONTON @WHEELERSBURG -- YOUR THOUGHTS.

Post by art_vandelay »

So if I'm getting this right, "one of the top backs in Atlanta, Ga" had 140 yards rushing for the WHOLE SEASON last year on a 1-9 team and mostly in "garbage time"? LOL And the University of South Carolina is recruiting said player, eh? Anything else on the kid IBTT can enlighten us with before he assuredly runs all over Wheelersburg tonight? Burg by 5 touchdowns.*

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

OLE BAIT STILL SAYS 20-17, FIGHTING TIGERS. NOT SURE I CAN GET THERE OR NOT. I HAVE TO HAVE SOME SKIN CANCER REMOVED FROM MY LEFT LEG LATE THIS AFTERNOON.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

If he's being recruited by South Carolina, then it's probably because of his size and speed. He is a big strong fast kid. Some things you can't coach.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Prayers bait

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

Burg 35-13.

PirateBB
Freshman Team

Post by PirateBB »

728 days ago- August 29, 2014- Ironton drove West on Route 52 to The Ed and a few hours later drove East after a 42-16 defeat.

I predict the same exact result tonight.

GO BURG!

SportFan08
Riding the Bench

Post by SportFan08 »

In Bob we trust!

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

BigChuck wrote:

So then how does he have this "unbelievable" highlight film? Highlight films are not done on kids who only get "garbage time".
You should really be ashamed of yourself building up a KID in legendary status. Let the kid be who he is going to be, on the field of play, Maybe he ends up being an absolute stud, maybe he ends up being a back up running back but the kid deserved that opportunity to be who he is going to be for Ironton on his own. Not with someone setting up crazy expectations and placing a target on his back before he even took his first handoff. Just My Opinion!!
I totally agree Chuck this kid need to opportunity to prove himself without some windbag putting a target on his back. IBTT really should grow up and learn when to STFU.
Last edited by 85yards on Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
inOVCsider
Riding the Bench

Post by inOVCsider »

Only 5 hours until kickoff!! Remember these are just kids, I hope they do not read this forum. I raised my kids to respect other people's opinion, even if they disagreed. We need to be teaching sportsmanship and fair play. Good luck to both teams and I pray for each players safety

BigBlueNation
SEOP

Post by BigBlueNation »

85yards wrote:
BigChuck wrote:

I totally agree Chuck this kid need to opportunity to prove himself with some windbag putting a target on his back. IBTT really should grow up and learn when to STFU.

IBTT
All Conference

Post by IBTT »

BigBlueNation wrote:
85yards wrote:
BigChuck wrote:

I totally agree Chuck this kid need to opportunity to prove himself with some windbag putting a target on his back. IBTT really should grow up and learn when to STFU.
If I eat Crowe, it won't be because I am wrong on this kid. Believe me, he has been the real deal for years. Yes he did only get 20 carries, but he made the most of them and was awesome on defense as well. He does have three schools looking at him, including South Carolina according to his mother and last year's football coach.

85yards
Riding the Bench

Post by 85yards »

4 hours to see how FOS you are.

I just went 85 yards straight thru the heart of the south- Ezekiel Elliott 1/1/15
BurgGrad6
SE

Post by BurgGrad6 »

IMG_20160826_110659.jpg
IMG_20160826_110659.jpg (86.85 KiB) Viewed 1604 times

Return to “Football”