Most memorable game?

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Re: Most memorable game?

Post by YOU'RE TIGER BAIT »

Lancaster's band had as many as our high school it looked like. they went marching across that wooden bridge before the game and it looked like an army battalion.

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

Coshocton (A) 15 6
Russell KY (A) 34 6
Portsmouth (A) 27 0
Boyd County KY (H) 20 6
Ashland KY (H) 42 0
Huntington High WV (H) 48 14
Lancaster (A) 41 14
Greenup County KY (H) 26 14
Cincinnati C.A.P.E. (H) 21 14
Dayton Jefferson (A) 14 13
PLAYOFFS
St. Clairsville (H) Regional Semi-Final - Tank Stadium 14 29
Totals 302 116

IN THE LONG GRASS BY THE WATER, SO WATCH YOUR STEP. AND LET'S GO IRONTON FIGHTING TIGERS, OHIO STATE BUCKEYES AND THE CINCINNATI BENGALS
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

that was when ironton was in the OKAC. OHIO KENTUCKY ATHLETIC CONFERENCE. great league, short lived.ironton dominated it.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

looking back at some football archives. I see in the 1910's and early 20's. ironton actually played 3 college teams regularly. mashall college in Huntington, wva, rio grande college, and st. Edwards college in west va. I never realized that.

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

a couple of other games that were amazing was in 1992 ironton defeated DuPont, west va. led by randy moss. and DuPont won the state title that year in wva big school division

and Pickerington north was d1 when they came to ironton in 2003, and the fighting tigers smashed them 48-0. they had so many kids on the pick north team only a small portion could even fit in the ironton visitors locker room.

just being a bit nostalgic I spect.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

That was Pickerington North's first year of being a school, for what it is worth.

tomcat fan
All Conference

Post by tomcat fan »

A few stick out to me for Trimble. 2005 overtime win vs Nelsonville, 2013 Regional final vs Shadyside, and 2014 Regional Semi Final vs Caldwell. Those were great games

Go Cats, Go Buckeyes
cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:I tried to look back at joeeitel, and see who Lancaster played that year, but it was late 80's and it doesn't go back that far. but at the time it was late in the season and they were in the top 3 in d1 I think.if memory serves me correct.
I believe that game was in either 86 or 87. Lancaster played Moeller a few years earlier I remember, but don't know if they played them the year they played Ironton.They also used to play St.Xavier back in the 80's and beat them a few times.I would also love to see what Lancasters record was back then.If I can ever find anything on it I'll let you know,but it will be tough unless Lancaster gets some history on their website.I bet our buddy locos could do some digging on it ;)

oldpgguy
Freshman Team

Post by oldpgguy »

1986 Ironton/CAPE
1988 Ironton/CAPE 6-0 3 OT

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

formerfcfan wrote:That was Pickerington North's first year of being a school, for what it is worth.

I remember that now that you say that. but they were all juniors and seniors I remember.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:a couple of other games that were amazing was in 1992 ironton defeated DuPont, west va. led by randy moss. and DuPont won the state title that year in wva big school division

and Pickerington north was d1 when they came to ironton in 2003, and the fighting tigers smashed them 48-0. they had so many kids on the pick north team only a small portion could even fit in the ironton visitors locker room.

Logan played Pick/North that year too. A lot of the boys for North were bench boys from The Pickerington. Logan 28/07. Now days North can play even with Central.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
LHS 72
S

Post by LHS 72 »

The game Logan beat Pickerington b-4 consolidation and expansion!

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT
SEOPS Hippo

noreply66 wrote:
YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:a couple of other games that were amazing was in 1992 ironton defeated DuPont, west va. led by randy moss. and DuPont won the state title that year in wva big school division

Logan played Pick/North that year too. A lot of the boys for North were bench boys from The Pickerington. Logan 28/07. Now days North can play even with Central.

BENCH BOYS--------------------------------- THAT'S KINDA HARSH REPLY. 1 TEAM 1 HEARTBEAT MAN.
ALL I KNOW WAS THAT THEY WERE ALL JUNIORS AND SENIORS. AND THEY WERE D1. AND THERE WAS A SLEW OF EM.

dazed&confused
SEOPS HO
Location: Those who do not remember the past are doomed to repeat it

Post by dazed&confused »

Logan went to Westerville South in the first round of playoffs in 2000 and we walked through a crowd of people wearing fake buck teeth and flannel shirts making fun of hillbillies. Logan smoked them and there wasn't a soul in the parking lot when we left.

May you live in interesting times- ancient Chinese curse
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

YOU'RE TIGER BAIT wrote:
noreply66 wrote:

BENCH BOYS--------------------------------- THAT'S KINDA HARSH REPLY. 1 TEAM 1 HEARTBEAT MAN.
ALL I KNOW WAS THAT THEY WERE ALL JUNIORS AND SENIORS. AND THEY WERE D1. AND THERE WAS A SLEW OF EM.
Wasn't meant to be harsh...must of the good guys were still playing a Central.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

I thought they were all underclassmen when they first started that school and about all the seniors went to Central because they wanted to stay together.

cbolt
SEOP

Post by cbolt »

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Athens embarrassing Desales. Burrow made ESPN's #1 play. Burrow to Burrow touchdown

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

cbolt wrote:I thought they were all underclassmen when they first started that school and about all the seniors went to Central because they wanted to stay together.
This is what I heard too. I think it has only been the last few years that North has been able to beat Central.

bighead
All State

Post by bighead »

1970 SEOAL Champs pick to finish next to last and went 9-0 before the playoffs was around beat Logan that year at home 20-6 standing room only GAHS 9-0 one of the best teams in school history.

Return to “Football”