Freshman Team

Re: Pioneer Valley Conf 2016

Post by pvcguy »

It is down to Gaydos - Wood - Emerling - Carpenter - Starr

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

Shipp and Singleton were after this player. I believe he graduated in 1972.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

It sounds like Buckeye Trail will no longer play Shenandoah.A rival that went deep.This is a shame.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

Might want to flip those two teams around in that sentence. Trail is scheduled to play Ridgewood for the next two seasons in week #1, but I'm almost certain that Trail went to Shenandoah with a proposal to play a long-term contract starting in 2018 in week one and it was turned down.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Trail will play Caldwell week one in a four year deal starting with the 2017 season when they leave the league.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Wagner after me yet again.This will be a good one I am sure.Who cares who I putt 1st.They are not playing anyhow.

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Post by rockcoach »

I heard today that Gaydos is new Caldwell coach.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Mistaken, the Trail/Caldwell week one starts in 2018. Caldwell retains the same schedule as last season with changes coming the following year.
Liberty Union H
Trail H
Shadyside H
Central A
Waverly A
Rosecrans A
Frontier A
Fort H
West M H
Shenandoah A

Twogirls
Waterboy

Post by Twogirls »

caldwellbasketball - Thanks! I was sweating that for a minute!

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

I know teams graduated players but hear is what each team in pvc can improve on and get better next season.Fort Frye could get better at there passing game.Caldwell could use an improved not so one dimension offense system.Shenandoah could get more physical.Buckeye Trail could get more weapons involved.Frontier could not be so predictable on offense.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort could always improve in the passing game but didn't they lead the league in passing? Engle threw for 1000 yards and Garrett Lockery is probably the leagues best pass catcher.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

EasternDspy wrote:Fort could always improve in the passing game but didn't they lead the league in passing? Engle threw for 1000 yards and Garrett Lockery is probably the leagues best pass catcher.
The passing game has a lot of room for growth. They need to have a better goal than leading The PVC.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Fort Frye was so fun to watch I was not trying to get fans to be so negateve. It's room for growth even 10-0 teams can improve. I seen Shenandoah give Fort Frye everything they wanted for a while and Buckeye Trail did two. Go ahead and tell Fort Frye or any PVC team that it's a week conference. I bet they all would disagree with you. It's a great small school conference compared to the other conferences that host Notre Dame and Southern. Add in Barnesville for us because they play a lot of pvc teams. I steal think Shenandoah is the pvc sleeper this year. Post season is realistic and expected.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

pvcguy wrote:Fort Frye was so fun to watch I was not trying to get fans to be so negateve. It's room for growth even 10-0 teams can improve. I seen Shenandoah give Fort Frye everything they wanted for a while and Buckeye Trail did two. Go ahead and tell Fort Frye or any PVC team that it's a week conference. I bet they all would disagree with you. It's a great small school conference compared to the other conferences that host Notre Dame and Southern. Add in Barnesville for us because they play a lot of pvc teams. I steal think Shenandoah is the pvc sleeper this year. Post season is realistic and expected.
I tried to be honest without being negative. They improved by leaps and bounds through the year, so if it sounded negative, I apologize.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

It didn't I have Been a target of Wagners for a while and I just wait for him to jump Inn and start on me I feel like everything I put out there will be dispuutrd because of Wagner.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I think the fact that Fort Frye could start 10 Srs on defense will be awesome this year. Look for only Jr Logan Isner to have huge year as well he's a beast in the weight room. Last year as a sophomore he beat out a Sr returning letterman to start at guard.

pvcguy
Freshman Team

Post by pvcguy »

Fort Frye is gonna be a handful for anyone in the pvc. I think a feaw pvc schools will play with them but beating them will be tricky. Has Caldwell named a coach yet?

MC Noles SportsFan
Freshman Team

Post by MC Noles SportsFan »

rockcoach wrote:Shipp and Singleton were after this player. I believe he graduated in 1972.

Possibly John Kaiser

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Buckeye Trail: By the time they played Fort Frye, they were fairly solid, but they seemed to need a big play threat at the wide receiver position to keep our defensive secondary honest. If they have someone who can step up and hurt people outside while continue to complete high percentage passes for short gains, I could see them winning 3-4 more games.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

pvcguy wrote:Fort Frye is gonna be a handful for anyone in the pvc. I think a feaw pvc schools will play with them but beating them will be tricky. Has Caldwell named a coach yet?
Interesting, Caldwell names a new football coach who is a board members husband and the AD resigns on the same night. Might run into him this weekend, wondering what went down. Nothing from the people in charge in this district surprises me anymore. I just hope they don't let him leave as a basketball coach. It's been nice to watch good basketball for awhile considering how bad it was for years before he took over.

Return to “Football”