Belpre headed back to Ohio division?

BelprePride
Waterboy

Belpre headed back to Ohio division?

Post by BelprePride »

Was sitting in Napoli's for lunch yesterday minding my own business. Two guys came in wearing belpre coaching jackets. They were discussing what to do about being asked by the TVC to move back up into the Ohio division. Apparently, the powers that be in the conference think if they go to two 8 team divisions it will put an end to people asking to join the league since we would have an even number in both divisions. Makes sense to me. Plus, I would like to see us get back to playing some of our old rivals like Meigs, Vinton County, and Warren. Thoughts?

Aka eaglepappaw. :roll:
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Re: Belpre headed back to Ohio division?

Post by Orange and Brown »

Haven't heard anything about it.

If that is indeed the case, we will all know soon enough.
I don't see it happening though. Why would Belpre leave the TVC Hocking where they are playing and competing well against schools that are similar in size to move up to the Ohio to play schools who are bigger than them?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

They can't win the Hocking in anything so why would they go back to the Ohio? Of course the Hocking is better in some sports than the Ohio so...

NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

Belpre is still shrinking in size. I don't think it is even the biggest Hocking school anymore. Or if it is, it is only a matter of time until it isn't.

Having said that, all of Belpre's longtime rivals are in the TVC OHIO.

But what I don't understand is this.............who cares how many schools ask to join the TVC? What difference does it make? If the TVC doesn't want to expand, then it doesn't have to expand. Makes no difference whether Belpre is in the OHIO or HOCKING.

Last I heard, Belpre was very happy in the HOCKING, so I don't think there is anything to this.

TVC
Varsity

Post by TVC »

What does being in the Ohio rather than the Hocking have to do with playing Warren?

If any team were to leave the Hocking and go to the Ohio it would be Trimble.

Vegeta
Riding the Bench

Post by Vegeta »

Warren should be the 8th and final member of the Ohio division. Why would Belpre or any other Hocking school in their right mind move over to the Ohio to play Athens yearly in all sports?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Vegeta wrote:Warren should be the 8th and final member of the Ohio division. Why would Belpre or any other Hocking school in their right mind move over to the Ohio to play Athens yearly in all sports?
This I agree with!

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

TVC wrote:What does being in the Ohio rather than the Hocking have to do with playing Warren?

If any team were to leave the Hocking and go to the Ohio it would be Trimble.
I assume the thought there is that if Belpre moves to the Ohio, they'll have one less league game to open up a spot to go back to playing Warren. Not sure that would be the case even if Belpre did go thru with it, but that is how I interpreted that statement (could be wrong).

hsfbfan
Varsity

Post by hsfbfan »

enrollment figures
Hocking division
Belpre-98
Eastern-74
Fed. Hock.-96
Miller-78
Southern-85
South Gallia-72
Trimble-87
Wahama WV.-???
Waterford-70

Ohio division
Alexander-171
Athens-286
Meigs-196
N.Y.-146
River Valley-162
V.C.-263
Wellston-169

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

NYBuckeye96 wrote:Belpre is still shrinking in size. I don't think it is even the biggest Hocking school anymore. Or if it is, it is only a matter of time until it isn't.
Yeah, Belpre is a dying town and I really don't see much hope for it to grow any time soon, especially to the point that they'd want to jump up 3 divisions for regular competition.

Dandy Don
All Conference

Post by Dandy Don »

April Fools was last week.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

This is a bogus post by the screen name bandit still trying to cause trouble on this site,don't believe a word of what he posts

BelprePride
Waterboy

Post by BelprePride »

Here we go again. The cranky old man gets his panties in a wad and wants to whine. I bet you have already reported this thread. The question would be ........Why? This thread has ZERO to do with you. So why don't you butt out? The only people on here who care about your opinion are you and your one or two mod buddies.

Eaglepapaw
S

Post by Eaglepapaw »

BelprePride wrote:Here we go again. The cranky old man gets his panties in a wad and wants to whine. I bet you have already reported this thread. The question would be ........Why? This thread has ZERO to do with you. So why don't you butt out? The only people on here who care about your opinion are you and your one or two mod buddies.
If it doesn't have anything to do with me why is it signed "AKA Eaglepapaw?" Grow up and Go away screen name bandit.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

While this thread is pure speculation, it doesn't violate any rules.......

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
NYBuckeye96
SEOPS H

Post by NYBuckeye96 »

I agree with the statements above that Warren should become the 8th and final member of the TVC OHIO, but unfortunately, we have no say in the matter.

BelprePride
Waterboy

Post by BelprePride »

Orange and Brown wrote:While this thread is pure speculation, it doesn't violate any rules.......
Exactly. No rules broken. Just an angry old dude with no life who got mad because my old name was close to his. My family is part of the belpre family too. I just wanted a name to represent how I felt about them. Apparently someone thinks he owns the word papaw or pappaw in the same the Buckeyes think they own the word "THE".

I try to be careful not to hurt anyones feelings but some just can't let it go.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Yeah, Warren should join the Ohio for the 8th team. I think Fort Frye should be the 10th team joining the Hocking as well. Basketball, Baseball, Softball, and Volleyball can split into 2 divisions to lighten travel in the Hocking and remain with the 16 game conference schedule. Hocking Division Football has 2 options; they can stay in 1 division and do round round conference schedule or can split into 2 divisions and remain with an 8 game conference schedule. Just my opinion, but probably will never happen.

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Me being an Athens fan, I'd love to see Athens, Warren, Marietta, Gallia, and Point in the TVC. Maybe three divisions in football in two in all other sports.

BelprePride
Waterboy

Post by BelprePride »

2 divisions in the hocking and three in every other sport is the best option even if it requires some expansion. But will never happen because the ADs in this league don't have the organizational skills to pull it off. Too bad because it would take our league from good to great.

Return to “Football”