Warren Local head football coach

rockcoach
Freshman Team

Re: Warren Local head football coach

Post by rockcoach »

Word is now that original candidate for the job will be hired.
Last edited by rockcoach on Wed Feb 24, 2016 7:58 am, edited 2 times in total.

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

I give up. This is why they lose. Im sorry for the kids and community

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

They had a proven coach in the mix and have not been interested. Makes no sense unless they just want to be known as a basketball school. The coach I referred to fought and won that battle where he coached at the past few years so maybe that's why they don't want him?

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

Jim Ryan wrote:They had a proven coach in the mix and have not been interested. Makes no sense unless they just want to be known as a basketball school. The coach I referred to fought and won that battle where he coached at the past few years so maybe that's why they don't want him?
I saw you asked about the Southern coach? Is that who you are talking about here?

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by Orange and Brown »

fortdawg wrote:My question is why does the community allow the Board and Super to continue to do this to the kids?
Exactly! At what point does the community step in and raise Cain about this mess?

Championship's are won in the off-season
BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Warren's football success over the past 12 - 13 years is directly related to some of the hiring and non renewal of contracts by the powers that be.IMO! It is not fair to the kids in our community.In the past the Warriors football program was well respected in SEO. Lots of winning seasons and a few TVC and SEOAL crowns. Like any program, there are ups and downs but this is different. It is going to take a huge effort from not only a new head coach, but also the community, administration ,and volunteers at the younger ages to change the losing mentality currently surrounding our football program. The athletes are in the halls. GO BLUE!!

Jim Ryan
JV Team

Post by Jim Ryan »

enigmaax wrote:
Jim Ryan wrote:They had a proven coach in the mix and have not been interested. Makes no sense unless they just want to be known as a basketball school. The coach I referred to fought and won that battle where he coached at the past few years so maybe that's why they don't want him?
I saw you asked about the Southern coach? Is that who you are talking about here?
I think they are crazy if they don't give him a look.

90goldeneagle
JV Team

Post by 90goldeneagle »

A coach has been hired and will officially take over next month.

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

For sure this time?

Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

March 21. New coach with impressive background. Let the resurection begin. GO BLUE!

morganjones
Riding the Bench

Post by morganjones »

Johnny Quest wrote:March 21. New coach with impressive background. Let the resurection begin. GO BLUE!
i believe this is also what was said about recent hires at fairland, portsmouth, and countless other places

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Johnny Quest wrote:March 21. New coach with impressive background. Let the resurection begin. GO BLUE!
I don't care how impressive a coaches background is, if they don't get the community support needed then they will most likely fail.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Can't speak on the situations at countless other places but the Warren community needs to have a positive outlook, as hard as it is to maintain. The defeatist mentality surrounding our football program needs to stop. Hopfully the new coach will inject some positive energy into the program that spreads throughout the entire Warrior Nation. I for one hope he is the right man for the job. GO BLUE!

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Johnny Quest wrote:Can't speak on the situations at countless other places but the Warren community needs to have a positive outlook, as hard as it is to maintain. The defeatist mentality surrounding our football program needs to stop. Hopfully the new coach will inject some positive energy into the program that spreads throughout the entire Warrior Nation. I for one hope he is the right man for the job. GO BLUE!
Warren needs a coach with realistic goals.
His first goal should be to get kids out for football and get the weight room rocking. Then he should set small goals that don't involve wins and losses. In other words your goal is to improve each week.
He needs to challenge the kids in the weight room and on the practice field. Give them goals they can accomplish on a daily basis to help build them up.

Once you get the kids attitudes to change then you can work on the community.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Johnny Quest
Freshman Team

Post by Johnny Quest »

Agree 100% Orange and Brown.

Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Johnny Quest wrote:Agree 100% Orange and Brown.
That's what coach Adams did at Athens miller's coach has done the same thing. Coach Penrod did it as well.

If you give your kids something to be proud of while they are still taking their lumps on the field it helps them focus on getting better.
One weight room session at a time, one practice at a time, one play at a time.

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
Orange and Brown
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

I will also add that I would love to see Warren winning again.
I wish they could get back into the TVC. I think they would fit perfectly and I would get to watch the basketball team play more than once a year lol

BUCKEYE PRIDE!
edforshey
Varsity

Post by edforshey »

Who did they hire?

PurplePower
Freshman Team

Post by PurplePower »

I am hearing the guy used to play Major League Baseball.

BEWARE OF THE STOMP AND STARE!
Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

Orange and Brown wrote:I will also add that I would love to see Warren winning again.
I wish they could get back into the TVC. I think they would fit perfectly and I would get to watch the basketball team play more than once a year lol
Warren should be asked to join the TVC but the TVC has made it well known that they are not interested in expanding

Return to “Football”