Re: Pioneer Valley Conf 2016

Post by EasternDspy »

I was told that all schools similar sizes to other
PVC schools said no

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

Hm... I'd thought Barnsville would have joined if asked. Why does River not join? Aren't they basically independent besides being the OVAC?

RiverboatGambler
Waterboy

Post by RiverboatGambler »

GoBucks1047 wrote:Hm... I'd thought Barnsville would have joined if asked. Why does River not join? Aren't they basically independent besides being the OVAC?
New athletic director got River out of PVC. Everyone that got River in the PVC jumped the sinking ship to other schools.

AD also coaches baseball & basketball and is never going to get back in the conference if that means they have to play Fort Frye, which I think they beat once, ever.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I'm excited for football season the Cadets might have one the better lines in the state. Sr Jordan Baker 285, Sr Caleb Kehl 315, Sr Owen Matheny 275 , Jr Logan Isner 200. 5th spot up for grabs but they have a ton of depth. All the boys working so hard in the weight room

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Caldwell Head Coach Josh Perkins just resigned.

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

Why would he do that? All the talent run out?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

He wants to focus on his son who is a freshman.

CHS_skins
Waterboy

Post by CHS_skins »

Most who know Coach Perkins realized this past season would most likely be his last. His son will be a Freshman at another area school and plays football. He will want to be with his son during those years, cannot blame him one bit.

enigmaax
All State

Post by enigmaax »

CHS_skins wrote:Most who know Coach Perkins realized this past season would most likely be his last. His son will be a Freshman at another area school and plays football. He will want to be with his son during those years, cannot blame him one bit.
What school does his kid go to?

CHS_skins
Waterboy

Post by CHS_skins »

enigmaax wrote:
CHS_skins wrote:Most who know Coach Perkins realized this past season would most likely be his last. His son will be a Freshman at another area school and plays football. He will want to be with his son during those years, cannot blame him one bit.
What school does his kid go to?

John Glenn

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

EasternDspy wrote:Caldwell Head Coach Josh Perkins just resigned.
Well perhaps it should have been from the start anyways, but definitely now EasternDspy, I gotta admit I'm agreeing with you and Fort Frye has to be my pick for the 2016 PVC crown.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Yea Cadets just return so much from a 10-0 team

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Anyone know what all Monroe Central has coming back? Fort Frye is obviously loaded, Caldwell has some issues to deal with now. Buckeye Trail returns an aweful lot, just not sure how good that really does for them though.

wagner97
Freshman Team

Post by wagner97 »

Seminoles have Hooper and Alleman coming back? Supposedly lose two seniors from the O-line?? FF should be loaded and the pre-season pick for the PVC title. Obviously everyone knows about Caldwell (losing all of those seniors and their Head Coach), so it could turn any number of ways. Trail does return a lot of seniors, and has a new head coach who is an alum and very well respected by the community and the players. Their problem will be in if they run that awful wing-t that the previous head coach loved, but clearly didn't have the right players to run.

Stan_Marsh
JV Team

Post by Stan_Marsh »

Certainly not an expert on Buckeye Trail, but the little bit of them I watched last season they ran a lot of 3X1 spread stuff. Which they did not have near enough speed to do. Regardless, I can't say I was impressed by anything the last head coach did. I'm sure the new coach will at the very least develop better teams than he did.

Pvc69
Waterboy

Post by Pvc69 »

wagner97 wrote:Seminoles have Hooper and Alleman coming back? Supposedly lose two seniors from the O-line?? FF should be loaded and the pre-season pick for the PVC title. Obviously everyone knows about Caldwell (losing all of those seniors and their Head Coach), so it could turn any number of ways. Trail does return a lot of seniors, and has a new head coach who is an alum and very well respected by the community and the players. Their problem will be in if they run that awful wing-t that the previous head coach loved, but clearly didn't have the right players to run.
Alleman isnt coming back for MC so just have Hooper back could be intetesting on D without Alleman at linebacker an the threat of him running the ball but they didnt use him all that much last year an it hurt them

PvcBball
Freshman Team

Post by PvcBball »

I thought Alleman was junior last year. Not playing his senior year?

Pvc69
Waterboy

Post by Pvc69 »

PvcBball wrote:I thought Alleman was junior last year. Not playing his senior year?
He was a junior last year just herd he wasnt playing for reasons not going to say

Teddy44
Waterboy

Post by Teddy44 »

So how is Frontier going to be this year? I know they got a new coach last year and had a rough go at it. Wondering if they will improve

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Frontier returns a FB maybe but they lose teams best players in Matheny and Camino. I say 1-9 in 2016

Return to “Football”