SCOL Expanding?

Omega
SEOPS H

Re: SCOL Expanding?

Post by Omega »

Off topic, but somewhat SCOL related. I noticed an article in the P-Town Times that referred to Washington High School of Washington CH.
Did they have an official name change or has that always been the official school name?

Gut feelings are your guardian angels
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I have noticed in a few articles about different sport them just saying Washington?????

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Dundas wrote:If the svc expanded, I wonder if they would contact VC?
They should. VC plays half of the schools in basketball already and be an excellent fit in the bigger division.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

They refer to themselves as Washington, so I'm guessing that is the official name.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

I know it's getting a little off topic, but if the SVC did expand, I think they'd look at Waverly for sure followed by (in no order) Vinton County, Wellston, Eastern-Pike, Western-Pike, and McClain; Western not having football would hurt them a bit unless they added it. As for the SCOL, if it was general expansion, Circleville and Logan Elm are the top 2 schools to look at followed by Unioto, Jackson, and Teays Valley, but they're looking for East Clinton and Clinton-Massie sized schools (even though Clinton-Massie in football can compete with larger schools easily) so I can say they might look into the SVC to the east and maybe the SHAC to the south; not too sure about to the west or north.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

danicalifornia wrote:They refer to themselves as Washington, so I'm guessing that is the official name.
Thanks Danica and No Reply. Appreciate the update.

Omega
SEOPS H

Post by Omega »

GoBucks1047 wrote:I know it's getting a little off topic, but if the SVC did expand, I think they'd look at Waverly for sure followed by (in no order) Vinton County, Wellston, Eastern-Pike, Western-Pike, and McClain; Western not having football would hurt them a bit unless they added it. As for the SCOL, if it was general expansion, Circleville and Logan Elm are the top 2 schools to look at followed by Unioto, Jackson, and Teays Valley, but they're looking for East Clinton and Clinton-Massie sized schools (even though Clinton-Massie in football can compete with larger schools easily) so I can say they might look into the SVC to the east and maybe the SHAC to the south; not too sure about to the west or north.
Circleville (once a SCOL member) would be logical to the SCOL as would Union-Scioto (also once a SCOL member), but rereading the original newspaper write ups you are right about the SCOL looking for smaller schools, which would mean the looking towards SHAC or on towards Dayton/Springfield. Jackson and Logan are still unfortunately the odd men out.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

https://timesgazette.com/sports/local-s ... ning-sbaac

Although I doubt it cause any serious realignment here, the SBAAC lost 2 members of their 12 member conference and added Fayetteville-Perry in Football only; most likely to the National Division (smaller schools). Fayetteville-Perry has made it clear that its football only and their other sports are remaining in the SHAC. Should also be noted Manchester also has varsity football while North Adams and West Union have Varsity Club Football, and Eastern Brown has junior high football I do believe.

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

http://www.ohsaa.org/members/SCOL.pdf

Just an update announcing that for all schools interested in joining the league have until January 31st to contact the commissioner of the SCOL. I've noticed a couple of local sports radio websites saying Jackson has reapplied for the SCOL, but again got the not interested response.
http://www.buckeyecountry105.com/articl ... n-14213723

bengalfan76
SE

Post by bengalfan76 »

To join the SVC you have to have Football.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Omega wrote:Off topic, but somewhat SCOL related. I noticed an article in the P-Town Times that referred to Washington High School of Washington CH.
Did they have an official name change or has that always been the official school name?

It is officially Washington now

doubleplay643
S

Post by doubleplay643 »

Would love to see consideration of Unioto, Logan Elm, Circleville, etc., even if Jackson isn't an option now to the SCOL the addition of teams up and down that route 23 corridor may give us some options in future years to find a league. The closer the SCOL comes to us the more options in the future.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

wch125 wrote:
Omega wrote:Off topic, but somewhat SCOL related. I noticed an article in the P-Town Times that referred to Washington High School of Washington CH.

It is officially Washington now
Why?

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

doubleplay643 wrote:Would love to see consideration of Unioto, Logan Elm, Circleville, etc., even if Jackson isn't an option now to the SCOL the addition of teams up and down that route 23 corridor may give us some options in future years to find a league. The closer the SCOL comes to us the more options in the future.
If Circleville and Logan Elm would apply, I think the SCOL would be stupid not to add them. They're not far from US 23 and US 22 goes through Wilmington, Washington C.H., and Circleville, and Clinton-Massie and East Clinton aren't too far off US 22. Circleville and Logan Elm joining the SCOL would also create a domino effect that could get Logan into the MSL-Buckeye if they expand to replace the two lost schools. I know before on another post, I mentioned Teays Valley, but they've got 200 more students than Wilmington or Chillicothe so their size will hurt them.
As for other potential SCOL expansion candidates, I think Unioto is the top choice from the SVC, while Zane Trace and Westfall will get a look. Paint Valley could be a dark horse also, but in all honesty, I doubt any SVC schools leave because travel is relatively short for them right now and there's lots of stability in the SVC.
Lynchburg-Clay (Highland County) would be the best candidate from the SHAC, but the fact they don't have football hurts them.
East Clinton and Clinton-Massie are former members of the SBAAC in southwest Ohio and the SBAAC will be losing 2 of their bigger schools in 2017-18. The SCOL could look towards the eastern portion of the conference and look at a couple more. Blanchester is between the size of East Clinton and Clinton Massie and is in Clinton County, while Western Brown is more of the size of Wilmington and Chillicothe. Blanchester is like Circleville and Logan Elm, if they apply, you should take them, but Blanchester (D5) does compete in the smaller school division (D4-D6), but they do have to play at least 1 big school division team (D2-D3) non-conference in which they scheduled 3 teams this year, and also scheduled Clinton-Massie and East Clinton non-conference (lost to both). Maybe being in the small school divisions keeps them from apply or maybe it doesn't; hard to tell at this point. Western Brown might be stretching it a bit too far traveling wise being in North Central Brown County next to OH 32, plus with their traveling currently being in a mostly Clermont County conference, they're better off staying put if the conference doesn't holds together, which is their intention as Fayetteville-Perry (10 miles north on US 68) was recently added for Football only.
I'm not to familiar with any other conferences to the north and west of the SCOL, but I'd have to say (in no order) Blanchester, Circleville, Logan Elm, and Unioto are the top 4 choices if they apply. I think Jackson should deserve consideration if geographical divisions would be a top priority for divisions, but since it's not about geography unfortunately and it's more about competative balance, location will hurt Jackson like it would with Western Brown should they apply.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

The SCOL has I-71 and US 35 running right thru SCOL country. IMO-Jackson, Fayetteville, Blanchester not an option. Should look at Circleville, Logan Elm, TV, Unioto, Adena, Southeastern, Westfall, Greenview, Madison Plains, London, Waynesville, Xenia,.. Jackson would not rule the SCOL in football!!

Poo Bear
SEOP

Post by Poo Bear »

domain master wrote:The SCOL has I-71 and US 35 running right thru SCOL country. IMO-Jackson, Fayetteville, Blanchester not an option. Should look at Circleville, Logan Elm, TV, Unioto, Adena, Southeastern, Westfall, Greenview, Madison Plains, London, Waynesville, Xenia,.. Jackson would not rule the SCOL in football!!
Who's said Jackson would rule the scol ?
They would a great addition as far as competition but travel is a problem

GoBucks1047
Varsity

Post by GoBucks1047 »

domain master wrote:The SCOL has I-71 and US 35 running right thru SCOL country. IMO-Jackson, Fayetteville, Blanchester not an option. Should look at Circleville, Logan Elm, TV, Unioto, Adena, Southeastern, Westfall, Greenview, Madison Plains, London, Waynesville, Xenia,.. Jackson would not rule the SCOL in football!!
I think Teays Valley and Xenia are too large to join since they're looking for schools that are between the size of East Clinton and Washington C.H. enrollment wise. Adena and Southeastern would be ate alive if they joined; I'd pick Paint Valley before Adena and Southeastern. Blanchester is under 40 minutes from at least 4 current members and already plays East Clinton, you can put Blanchester and East Clinton in the smaller division in Clinton County football and Clinton-Massie and Wilmington in the larger division in Clinton County football. The rest of the league would have to be a wait and see (see whoelse would be added) before deciding. Also, I-71 does not run through SCOL country, it's like the western border of it, and I don't see the SCOL expanding west of it unless it's a school that's in Clinton or Fayette Counties. I honestly like Circleville, Logan Elm, and Unioto a lot. Westfall would be nice too. London is too far north, even though they're a former member. I think Greenview and Waynesville will get a good look, like Jackson should, but I don't see either of them getting added if Circleville, Logan Elm, and Unioto all get accepted. Madison Plains would be behind them. Fayetteville isn't leaving the SHAC anytime soon so they won't be targeted. And as said earlier, Lynchburg-Clay would be a nice pick-up, but not having football will hurt their chances if they wish to join the SCOL.

domain master
Freshman Team

Post by domain master »

I-71 basically goes through or within 5 miles of 5 of 8 SCOL Districts (all Clinton and Fayette), so YES it runs thru SCOL country, which makes for easy travel. There are also more teams to choose from to the north and west. I would like to see Circleville, Logan Elm, Unioto, Westfall, Madison Plains and Paint Valley join to form a big and small school division.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Madison Plains already is joining the OHC.

thecommonwealth
Riding the Bench

Post by thecommonwealth »

Greeneview and Cedarville are high on SCOL list but neither school has interest. I don't blame them! It already hurts Clinton Massie (outside of football), wilmington, and east clinton to play in league with southeast teams and then play tourney in southwest. OHC is a heck of a league already, and wanting to add 4 teams. Madison Plains, and Fairbanks are going OHC, Greenon has to decide tomorrow if they want to join. If they do, West Jeff will join OHC also. Jonathan Alder will most likely join CBC if invited.

I personally would like to see the SCOL expand to 10 teams, and let east clinton leave (does no favors to rest of league gaining smaller schools).The SCOL wants to keep east clinton for some reason (location). Pursue Unioto, Cville, Logan Elm, Waverly, and Westfall. They would need 3 of those 5 to accept. The dollar bills rules all and I am sure adding 3 of the above 5 schools would still draw large crowds. Smaller schools don't want to join a big school conference, even with the split. I don't see how 5 big/5 small would help?

Return to “Football”