Gallia Academy 2024

formerfcfan
SEOP

Re: Gallia Academy 2024

Post by formerfcfan »

superblue wrote: ā†‘Mon May 06, 2024 10:08 am Nathan Mettler is the new coach... Have no idea idea about his background .
Hope youā€™re well, SB. Itā€™s a shame the OV forum went kaput.

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

tackle81 wrote: ā†‘Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:27 pm Only thing Meigs has going for them is their new turf field that they do not deserve. Gallia will win, mainly because they actually know how to. 2-8 vs 9-3, I know who Iā€™m picking.
Iā€™m curious as to why they donā€™t deserve itā€¦.
Sounds like pure jealousy that Gallipolis plays in a sewer swamp while poor little ā€œundeservingā€ Meigs plays in a nice newer stadium with new turf.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Nolan Yates is gonna spank that Blue Devil azz week 1. We definitely hired the better coach.

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

MarauderMadness wrote: ā†‘Tue May 07, 2024 9:10 pm Nolan Yates is gonna spank that Blue Devil azz week 1. We definitely hired the better coach.
In all honesty, the game should definitely be a lot closer than the last few.

GrumpyPundit
Riding the Bench

Post by GrumpyPundit »

Jimbob2023 wrote: ā†‘Mon May 06, 2024 7:50 pm
tackle81 wrote: ā†‘Mon Apr 01, 2024 8:27 pm Only thing Meigs has going for them is their new turf field that they do not deserve. Gallia will win, mainly because they actually know how to. 2-8 vs 9-3, I know who Iā€™m picking.
Sounds like pure jealousy that Gallipolis plays in a sewer swamp while poor little ā€œundeservingā€ Meigs plays in a nice newer stadium with new turf.
I think itā€™s a bad look to say any SE Ohio kids donā€™t ā€œdeserveā€ something nice. Our kids battle against well-funded suburb schools and state-funded inner-city schools in every sport. I wish every kid in area had facilities to be proud of.

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

I see this being a lot tougher year than it should be. Coach is having problems filling his staff. A lot of internal problems coming to boil
And football is going to take the brunt of it apparently.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

How many out this year ā“

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Administration at fault šŸˆ

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

GrumpyPundit wrote: ā†‘Tue May 14, 2024 11:02 pm
I think itā€™s a bad look to say any SE Ohio kids donā€™t ā€œdeserveā€ something nice. Our kids battle against well-funded suburb schools and state-funded inner-city schools in every sport. I wish every kid in area had facilities to be proud of.
Agree, although I do think it's a bit of a slap in the face that Holzer has been in on the stadium for two neighboring districts. Not sure who to point fingers at with that one, but it is worth nothing that two of GA's biggest historical rivals play at a venue at least in part paid for and named after the hospital system founded by the late Dr. Charles E. Holzer, Jr.

MarauderMadness
JV Team

Post by MarauderMadness »

Wow

stuff falling apart in Gallon-O-Pizz

Cant wait for week 1

Meigs by as much as they want

SEO Sports
Riding the Bench

Post by SEO Sports »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: ā†‘Thu May 23, 2024 7:01 am
GrumpyPundit wrote: ā†‘Tue May 14, 2024 11:02 pm

Agree, although I do think it's a bit of a slap in the face that Holzer has been in on the stadium for two neighboring districts. Not sure who to point fingers at with that one, but it is worth nothing that two of GA's biggest historical rivals play at a venue at least in part paid for and named after the hospital system founded by the late Dr. Charles E. Holzer, Jr.
Gallia's first year in their new school was 2009, this fall will mark the 16th year with no new football stadium for whatever reasons. But looking at fourseasons football data, this new coach will be the 6th in that span.
16 years, 6 coaches(3 with playoff wins non returned), no new stadium
Something is going on in that community. Don't know if it is school administration or parents and community but something seems off. Especially if the posters above are accurate and the new coach is having a hard time filling a staff.

Return to ā€œFootballā€