October 27, 2023 Notre Dame 65 - 16 Beallsville

Steely Dan
SEOP

Re: D7R27 #11 Beallsville @ #6 Notre Dame

Post by Steely Dan »

selonmc wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:57 pm
Steely Dan wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 11:05 pm Unfortunately, a blow out, as expected. Beallsville played the weakest schedule, in the weakest region, in the smallest division, in Ohio. As I stated previously, a very long ride home for the Blue Devils.
Yeah they need to punch up a little more. Play MC and Caldwell for example and drop Van and one of the other WV teams. Keep everyone else.
Agree 100%. A little history lesson. Beallsville left the PVC after the 2004 season, Dave Caldwell knowing good and well the school was no longer competitive after a very long association with the league. So, it has been 19 years since they've played Monroe Central, their biggest and longest rival. So, they drive 200 miles to play a team like Van, instead of driving 10 miles to the county seat and play MC. They eventually dropped other PVC teams over time, including Caldwell in 2011 (they played them one more time in 2014, and that's been it), and dropped Shadyside after the 2014 season. They joined that weak assed WV league and it's been downhill ever since. Nearly all of their few playoff appearances have been embarrassing blowouts, including this year. Trimble racked up over 60 on them one year, and who can forget the year (about 10 years ago) where they went 10-0, were first in the region, won their first game against the 8th seed, and then ended up playing 4th seed Shadyside and got beat 71-0. :oops: They really need to step it up, or will continue to get shellacked when the do make the playoffs.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

Looking at his years schedule and results for Beallsville they may be playing what is best for the kids. Could have easily lost another 3 and been 3 - 7. I only saw 2 blowouts.

At the end of the day the kids put on the helmets and go out play. What they think matters the most. I am wondering if they stepped up their schedule this year and went 3 - 7 and did they not make the playoffs if that would be better? Would that really help strengthen the program and motivate more kids to come out?

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Think Beallsville is fine with its schedule even it has to travel. Had more interest this season in participation and the Jr. High went 6-1.
Have to agree with dirt_cinders on this one. A 3-7 season for the Blue Devils with an amped up schedule would see less kids out.

selonmc
Varsity

Post by selonmc »

I think Rusty would like to get MC back on their schedule but I’m not sure MC’s desire. I like our schedule.

Return to “Football”