November 3, 2023 Wheelersburg 34 - 0 Portsmouth

PTrojan59
S

Re: Trojans vs the Burg

Post by PTrojan59 »

Also can we not turn this into a thread about Lattimore. He’s a kid who had issues at one school and moved to the other. Let’s keep in mind he’s still a kid, what happened was in the past. It may motivate him, it may motivate his current & former teammates, and that’s fine, but let’s not take away from the other kids and the game itself.

Who Dey!
TrojanTru
Waterboy

Post by TrojanTru »

Raider6309 wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:35 pm Portsmouth not your average 15 seed
Certainly better than the 5-5 record showed.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

Burg defense will smother Portsmouth they’re on another defensively

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
RollCoal
JV Team

Post by RollCoal »

Shame I have to work Friday night. I would love to catch this game in person!

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and excepting a different result;
Albert Einstein
gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

Beergogglebluez wrote: Fri Oct 27, 2023 10:38 pm I think lattimore will play out of his mind against his former team. And Trojans have to stop creed, he’s a good back. But Portsmouth is playing good ball at the right time. I’d love to see the Trojans win but no matter what happens this game needs to be played every year.
Wait a minute. You mean burg recruits?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good luck to both squads. This is a game that coukd/should happen every year. When is the last time they squared off, 2016?
It'll be a great crowd and great atmosphere. Might wanna buy a split-the-pot ticket at this one.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Awesome job by the Trojans in getting past the #2 seed Fairland but their defense isn't anywhere close to what Burg is putting out there. Burg by 3 scores.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

Nice win for the Trojans in W11. Glad this one is being played. Trojans big underdogs in this one, will need a few turnovers from Wheelersburg to have a chance.

Going Wheelersburg 41, Portsmouth 0.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

They play the game on the field,so I've always said if you are playing you have a chance until you get best.

I agree about not making this about lattimore,he left for what he thought was a better fit for him ,he's a good kid.

The way you take Lattimore out of the picture is,you have to take the QB out of it first,if he has time to much time to pass,that gives lattimore time to get down field...the key will be pressure on the QB.

Now, chase Highland for Portsmouth has proved all year to be a true running back,I see some post about fairland defense not that good, last week highland had big numbers against Ironton defense, is burg defense line better then ironton? I don't know but we will see.

I'm just glad to finally see another burg/ Portsmouth match up.. ashame that we have to wait for a play off game to see it.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

How many yards did he have at Ironton?
biggdowgg wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 11:52 am They play the game on the field,so I've always said if you are playing you have a chance until you get best.

I agree about not making this about lattimore,he left for what he thought was a better fit for him ,he's a good kid.

The way you take Lattimore out of the picture is,you have to take the QB out of it first,if he has time to much time to pass,that gives lattimore time to get down field...the key will be pressure on the QB.

Now, chase Highland for Portsmouth has proved all year to be a true running back,I see some post about fairland defense not that good, last week highland had big numbers against Ironton defense, is burg defense line better then ironton? I don't know but we will see.

I'm just glad to finally see another burg/ Portsmouth match up.. ashame that we have to wait for a play off game to see it.

84Dragon
JV Team

Post by 84Dragon »

Portsmouth please win this one .

The Nature Boy
JV Team

Post by The Nature Boy »

Burg is playing well right now. I believe Portsmouth can bring a good game but if they are one dimensional then it will be a long night for them.. their line did look big and moved well though.. That's why they play the game. Of course people should think Burg would win but you never know. The team I saw at Fairland last night won't be blown out or running clock . Sometimes it takes teams a while to find out what they are good at and who should play where. Burg knows this better than anyone. Should be a good one.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:00 am Good luck to both squads. This is a game that coukd/should happen every year. When is the last time they squared off, 2016?
It'll be a great crowd and great atmosphere. Might wanna buy a split-the-pot ticket at this one.
Nah not with those ticket prices. It'll be easy to find a seat.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 3:03 pm
packers80 wrote: Sat Oct 28, 2023 6:00 am Good luck to both squads. This is a game that coukd/should happen every year. When is the last time they squared off, 2016?
No split the pot sales during the playoffs sad but true

Burg grad 85
522Pirate
Varsity

Post by 522Pirate »

Fantastic 50 puts it as a 29 point Pirate victory but I dunno…I’m encouraged that P-town is mostly one dimensional but Heiland is tough.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Doubt it’ll be easy lol

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

It'll be full

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

It'll be full because it's the only show in scioto county. P-town has a good thing goin. They'll show up and so will BURG folks, plus people from surrounding schools.

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

There will be plenty of people, but not as many as should be there. State should offer a reasonable price for early round games. Instead they choose greed. Gotta keep those salaries up. So now kids from both schools get an atmosphere that will be good but not great.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

It'll be full

Return to “Football”