DV R19

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Re: DV R19

Post by CrackBack46 »

Fairland isn’t beating Ironton, HP or Burg

West and Fairland are second tier in d5

I think in the playoffs it’s a toss up between the top 3 teams depending on the night.

Ironton doesn’t want to play Burg again.
HP doesn’t want to play Ironton again.
And Burg doesn’t want to Play HP again.

Tri_State790 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:37 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:13 pm
CrackBack46 wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:37 pm Ironton should have blown out burg….

See how that works?…. You can say wtv you want doesn’t make it true…

You probably think Burg “should have” beat Jackson and HP also right?

The actual way to say it is burg could of beat both Ironton and Jackson but they made too many mistakes to do that. Prep out played burg and I don’t think they could of beat prep that night. Although I think burg is capable of beating prep but on that night they weren’t.
Ironton Burg and Prep and even West and Fairland can all beat each other. End of the day its about execution. That's the difference.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

CrackBack46 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:50 pm Fairland isn’t beating Ironton, HP or Burg

I think in the playoffs it’s a toss up between the top 3 teams depending on the night.

The actual way to say it is burg could of beat both Ironton and Jackson but they made too many mistakes to do that. Prep out played burg and I don’t think they could of beat prep that night. Although I think burg is capable of beating prep but on that night they weren’t.
Ironton Burg and Prep and even West and Fairland can all beat each other. End of the day its about execution. That's the difference.
At this level anybody can beat anybody on any given night.

Ironton played a much more talented and better coached team than Burg or Prep when they played Cabell Midland. They are not afraid of prep or Burg. They have owned both in recent history.

Prep owns burg and burg would still welcome the opportunity.

Fairland isn't afraid of any challenge because challenge is the entire point. Challenge = opportunity.

Stop repeating meaningless empty platitudes. Nobody is afraid of anybody else in region 19 lol.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

CrackBack46 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:50 pm Fairland isn’t beating Ironton, HP or Burg

I have never understood this SEO self defeatist attitude. I didn't really pick up on it until I moved away from seo but this is a great example.

Challenge = opportunity.

No competitor worth their salt shys away from opportunity.

You southeastohioans are defeated in your mentatility before you even start. No confidence. No go getter mentality. And it shows why SEO is so far behind economically and socially as well. That self defeating mindset is contagious.

Challenge/opportunity is WELCOMED IF you have a team full of DAWGS.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:21 pm

I have never understood this SEO self defeatist attitude. I didn't really pick up on it until I moved away from seo but this is a great example.

Challenge = opportunity.

You southeastohioans are defeated in your mentatility before you even start. No confidence. No go getter mentality. And it shows why SEO is so far behind economically and socially as well. That self defeating mindset is contagious.

.when you roll up the sidewalks and shut everything down like it's Mayberry at 9pm .. there are people in other areas still grinding to get better. That slow small town defeatist mentality is a plague. Gotta reinvent the culture. Challenge = opportunity. 9pm is early. 3 hours isn't travel it's a hop skip and a jump. Get up early. Stay up later. Grind on the weekends. Go get what you feel like you deserve. The Andy Griffith show isn't walking through that door lol.

You gotta grind like you work on a NYC clock.

Not a new Boston ohio clock lol

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Ill stand by what I said, Fairland doesn’t belong in the convo with those other 3 teams.

They quit in the game at Ironton.

I get what your saying, I don’t think any of the teams shy away from a challeng, but I also believe they would rather have the easier road to the Regional finals.

muskiefan11
JV Team

Post by muskiefan11 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:17 pm

Ironton played a much more talented and better coached team than Burg or Prep when they played Cabell Midland. They are not afraid of prep or Burg. They have owned both in recent history.

Fairland isn't afraid of any challenge because challenge is the entire point. Challenge = opportunity.

Stop repeating meaningless empty platitudes. Nobody is afraid of anybody else in region 19 lol.
Harvest Prep played Center Grove IN who would smash Cabell Midland

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

Ironton fan here. Region is wide open. Wheelersburg is much improved, Prep will provide a challenge to any team in the region. I would still make Ironton a very slight favorite but any of these three teams winning it wouldn’t surprise me in the least. I only make Ironton a slight favorite due to the presence of Terry. Kid is a nightmare with the ball in his hands. Unfortunately for all I can’t see any of the three beating Perry if they’re fortunate enough to make it that far. NEO seems to produce an outstanding team yearly. Barnesville has put together a nice program but unfortunately for them any of the teams mentioned above will easily be the best team they’ve played all year.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:27 pm

Challenge = opportunity.

.when you roll up the sidewalks and shut everything down like it's Mayberry at 9pm .. there are people in other areas still grinding to get better. That slow small town defeatist mentality is a plague. Gotta reinvent the culture. Challenge = opportunity. 9pm is early. 3 hours isn't travel it's a hop skip and a jump. Get up early. Stay up later. Grind on the weekends. Go get what you feel like you deserve. The Andy Griffith show isn't walking through that door lol.

You gotta grind like you work on a NYC clock.

Not a new Boston ohio clock lol
👍

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Challenge = opportunity.

👍

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

This will be a challenging region for sure.
Will this region produce a state champ unlikely but you never know that is why they play the game.
I like Ironton in this region and can seeing them looking at a rematch against Germantown valley View,
Who they meet for the championship if it goes that way is anyone's guess.
Perry looks strong as well does Coldwater just to name a few.
But this region should have some great games after the first round.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:32 pm This will be a challenging region for sure.
Will this region produce a state champ unlikely but you never know that is why they play the game.
I like Ironton in this region and can seeing them looking at a rematch against Germantown valley View,
Have a really good female friend who's kids graduated from Perry and now attend Ohio University. She lives in Clyde. We've been going back and forth about an Ironton/Perry possible title match up.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

muskiefan11 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 3:30 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 2:17 pm

Harvest Prep played Center Grove IN who would smash Cabell Midland
That's not what I said. Read it again. I said Ironton isn't afraid of playing prep and vice versa and I said Midland is better than prep or Burg- which they are. By a lot.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:36 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:32 pm This will be a challenging region for sure.
Have a really good female friend who's kids graduated from Perry and now attend Ohio University. She lives in Clyde. We've been going back and forth about an Ironton/Perry possible title match up.
Be a great matchup Perry is for real

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

fielddaddy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:42 pm
I agree 100% Perry smacked Kirtland.

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

👍

fbnut
SEOP

Post by fbnut »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:47 pm
fielddaddy wrote: Tue Oct 17, 2023 6:42 pm

I agree 100% Perry smacked Kirtland.
👍

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

I know we are mainly about SEO, but with Prep being involved in the conversation, it opens up the whole region. Lets not forget about two undefeateds in the mix in Columbus Academy and Barnesville. I know CA has some state titles/title games in its history. This region has more than 3 or 4 contenders.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
UNREAL
Waterboy

Post by UNREAL »

16 Teams is all about gate money of the OHSAA

Fatdog
Riding the Bench

Post by Fatdog »

Solid Region but agree with Tristate

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Frank Reagan wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 8:19 am I know we are mainly about SEO, but with Prep being involved in the conversation, it opens up the whole region. Lets not forget about two undefeateds in the mix in Columbus Academy and Barnesville. I know CA has some state titles/title games in its history. This region has more than 3 or 4 contenders.
Barnesville is fool's gold. They were 10-0 last year and were outmatched in Burg game. Their schedule is weak.

Here's how I rank them today. It may change after burg west game.

1. Burg - I realize most will not agree with me but this team is very, very good. Their O line is massive and much improved. The defense has been good but the linebacker play has really improved since week one. If west can hang with burg or upset them, then obviously I'll drop them down, but right now they are my slight favorite.
2. Ironton - Terry gives Ironton a one to two touchdown lead before the game starts. Ironton's defense is fast. They can be suspect to upset with silly turnovers and the lack of depth on both sides of the line. They will move to 1 if burg struggles with West.
3. Columbus Academy - Just google one of their games and watch them. Good size and athleticism. They are a private school so depth is always an issue but what I can see, they can win the region.
4. Prep - Some might say it's crazy to put prep here but their special teams are awful, they have costly penalties, suspect against power running teams. Skilled fast kids, they have but when nothing is going right, football technique and discipline will eventually be needed and they sorely lack in that department.

All four of these teams are capable of winning the region. Heath would be my only dark horse

Return to “Football”