October 13, 2023 Gallia Academy 17 - 27 Ironton

Paulcrew
JV Team

Re: (7-1) Gallia Academy - (7-1) Ironton

Post by Paulcrew »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:52 am When is the last time Gallia Academy beat Ironton?

Just an honest question. Lot's of passion on both sides.
2018. 36-33 Gallia won. The game was at Ironton. Gallia finished 9-2 that season losing to Licking Valley in the first round of the playoffs. Ironton finished 6-5, losing to Johnstown 15-7 in the first round of the playoffs. It was Trevon Pendletons first season as head coach.I believe Alex Penrod was Gallia’s coach that year. Ironton played in Johnstown in the playoff game and Gallia played in Jackson for their playoff game. Don’t remember why the OHSAA didn’t allow Gallia to play at Memorial Field that year in the playoff

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

#GoTgo

Rip’em up
Tear’em up
Give ‘em H-E-DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS-

T-I-G-E-R-S!!!

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:58 pm
superblue wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:23 pm
Bird Dog wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:10 pm

Absolutely but like 1 and 8
Gallia will never win a state title, never said they would. You are looking at the facts that state Ironton has won "1" state title in 43 years... that doesn't sound to impressive to me...
That would be “2” State Titles not “1”
superblue wrote: ↑Since 1980 when Ohio went to 5 divisions, how many state titles has Ironton won in football and many time have they lost in the state final ...
That was the original question so the answer is "1"..

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:53 am
loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:52 am When is the last time Gallia Academy beat Ironton?

2018. 36-33 Gallia won. The game was at Ironton. Gallia finished 9-2 that season losing to Licking Valley in the first round of the playoffs. Ironton finished 6-5, losing to Johnstown 15-7 in the first round of the playoffs. It was Trevon Pendletons first season as head coach.I believe Alex Penrod was Gallia’s coach that year. Ironton played in Johnstown in the playoff game and Gallia played in Jackson for their playoff game. Don’t remember why the OHSAA didn’t allow Gallia to play at Memorial Field that year in the playoff
Nice breakdown.... Gallia played at Jackson because the river was close to flood stage. That was the correct decision because we have one of the worst fields in southern Ohio, I believe it was built on a garbage dump...lol...

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Chickamauga Creek not very healthy to say the least

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

superblue wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:47 am
superblue wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:23 pm
Gallia will never win a state title, never said they would. You are looking at the facts that state Ironton has won "1" state title in 43 years... that doesn't sound to impressive to me...
superblue wrote: ↑Since 1980 when Ohio went to 5 divisions, how many state titles has Ironton won in football and many time have they lost in the state final ...
Oh ok, he got us there lol. We won it in 79 when it was way harder than it is now to even make the playoffs with A, AA and AAA. I was a Sophomore that year 😁

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 8:27 am
superblue wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:47 am

Oh ok, he got us there lol. We won it in 79 when it was way harder than it is now to even make the playoffs with A, AA and AAA. I was a Sophomore that year 😁
[/quote

No problem ohbuck.. just having a little fun. I always like to respond when someone mentions me... And when I am wrong I will admit it... And I may have done that on purpose...lol... Have a good day...

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

superblue wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:45 pm Since 1980 when Ohio went to 5 divisions, how many state titles has Ironton won in football and many time have they lost in the state final ...
Without Ironton seo football is IRRELEVANT because NONE of your programs evolve or improve. Perpetual mediocrity. You'll be home listening to or watching Ironton in the playoffs just like you do every single season because none of your programs amount to much.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

without a doubt 2 state titles, without a doubt can't get it done since 1989, without a doubt everyone in state of ohio has probably heard of ironton, without a doubt if a team is in their division guess who they want to play in the title game that would be ironton, numerous d1 athletes of the envious program but doesn't transfer over into NCAA very well and that is a appalachia issue but they are a interesting program without a doubt, and without a doubt they are a nice team to watch year in and out because they keep the stables loaded for this part of the state

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

It’s good to be back. I want to apologize to the area coaches who read my criticism of them. I forgot we can only criticize Ironton and Wheelersburg coaches on here, as well as kids. I will keep my criticism to those areas in the future.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

82nd wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 2:51 pm without a doubt 2 state titles, without a doubt can't get it done since 1989, without a doubt everyone in state of ohio has probably heard of ironton, without a doubt if a team is in their division guess who they want to play in the title game that would be ironton, numerous d1 athletes of the envious program but doesn't transfer over into NCAA very well and that is a appalachia issue but they are a interesting program without a doubt, and without a doubt they are a nice team to watch year in and out because they keep the stables loaded for this part of the state
App has nothing to do with it.Best team wins. :roll: :roll: The only

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

RRX.2020 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:05 am This site is a joke. jealous people on here talking about recruiting at Ironton. ever ask the question why do kids want to transfer to Ironton to play Football? No because you are so jealous your teams don't want to put the work into it the Kids and /coaches put in at Ironton do. Winning and opportunities are why kids want to play at Ironton. I'm glad Wheelersburg won a state championship I would support any team from around here that went to the state. but half the guys on this site never played the game and cant stand the fact that people support the kids and coaches of Ironton. I don't live in Ironton but when I want to see a good game I watch them. going to Marshall was an awesome game. people on here loved the fact Ironton lost the game. but how many of your schools would even consider playing a Division ! team? None. so keep crying and complaining about the Ironton coaches not willing the state championship. but has you school even been to a state playoff? only Ironton and Wheelersburg have gone so the rest of you have no right to complain about either of those schools. talk your schoolboards into hiring quality coaches.
Athens did it without taking transfers from other neighboring districts.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

Paulcrew wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 1:53 am

As someone else already stated, Memorial Field is a swamp by late fall and Chickamauga Creek is the SE Ohio version of Chernobyl with all the filth there. They really need to just dig a massive ditch out behind the visitor bleachers where the old baseball fields are and give all the rainwater somewhere to go when the creek floods.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:31 pm
Tri_State790 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:26 pm And ask for this game.

GA can't out speed, out muscle, out scheme, out skill or overpower Ironton. They look like they belong for a series. Maybe. Then it's over.

Ironton 42
GA 13

And the same goes for Burg, portsmouth west, anybody in the ovc or soc. Easy money.
And the improvements Ironton needs to make is for beyond seo. Because Ironton can be still shy of their potential and dominate seo because the rest of seo is garbage. Lmao

Matter of fact. Ironton has better completion right up 64 in wv. The Midland game was the best comp all season because SEO is garbage. Lmao 🤣
SEO is garbage?

Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:27 pm

GA can't out speed, out muscle, out scheme, out skill or overpower Ironton. They look like they belong for a series. Maybe. Then it's over.

Ironton 42
GA 13

And the same goes for Burg, portsmouth west, anybody in the ovc or soc. Easy money.
And the improvements Ironton needs to make is for beyond seo. Because Ironton can be still shy of their potential and dominate seo because the rest of seo is garbage. Lmao

Matter of fact. Ironton has better completion right up 64 in wv. The Midland game was the best comp all season because SEO is garbage. Lmao 🤣
SEO is garbage?
Outside of Ironton, Jackson and Burg yes

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

TigerBob wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 3:39 pm It’s good to be back. I want to apologize to the area coaches who read my criticism of them. I forgot we can only criticize Ironton and Wheelersburg coaches on here, as well as kids. I will keep my criticism to those areas in the future.
It's funny like that. None of the other programs can say much on the field when they play Ironton. But these same programs fanbases got a ton of mud to sling at a program consistently better than the programs they support.

There's a word for it lol

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Tanks3232 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:38 pm

SEO is garbage?
And Burg and Jackson are becoming EASY MONEY for them Tigers.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

SEO is garbage?
Compared to who ?

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Ironton 42
GA 13

SEO is garbage?

Ironton is the ONLY team in seo that could get on a field with Midland or Huntington and compete.

Everybody else is getting SMASHED ON just like Ironton smashes on them INCLUDING Jackson and Burg. Smashed on every single year.

I stand on it. SEO is hotdog water lol

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:45 pm

SEO is garbage?
Compared to who ?
Every year Ironton is consistently OUTWORKING the rest. On and off field. That's why. It's not complicated. Getting outworked.

Return to “Football”