October 13, 2023 Gallia Academy 17 - 27 Ironton

XandOs
Varsity

Re: (7-1) Gallia Academy - (7-1) Ironton

Post by XandOs »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:40 pm
wobycat wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:10 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 1:06 pm

The handful of games I have got to watch Ironton over the last several years, I would say the exact opposite. I have seen way more personal fouls and stupid penalties than I can remember seeing from anyone else in the area.
I believe Pendleton is on record saying he doesn't care about aggressive play that leads to penalties.
But "yOuRe jUsT jEaLoUs" because you don't slobber all over THE Arnton Fahtin' Tahgers.

I miss when Ironton fans were quiet. Another program needs to give them a nice, long overdue humbling.
We’ve got that 3 state finals in last 4 years. It’s funny how fans from other schools love to attack Pendelton. What he’s done in 5 years hasn’t been replicated in SEO.

Our society hates winners and makes fun of losers.

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

XandOs wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 2:53 pm

I believe Pendleton is on record saying he doesn't care about aggressive play that leads to penalties.
But "yOuRe jUsT jEaLoUs" because you don't slobber all over THE Arnton Fahtin' Tahgers.

I miss when Ironton fans were quiet. Another program needs to give them a nice, long overdue humbling.
We’ve got that 3 state finals in last 4 years. It’s funny how fans from other schools love to attack Pendelton. What he’s done in 5 years hasn’t been replicated in SEO.

I didn't say anything about Pendleton. Ironton has been *rumored* to recruit, sorry, "accept transfers" from neighboring districts for years now. That's nothing new, nor is Pendleton the biggest offender. Same thing happens to a lesser extent at Gallia. J. Campbell and I. Clary started off in the county schools and transferred to GA largely because it's the better program.

Ironton FANS are where most of us take issue, I'd wager.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

MisterGalliaGuy2016 wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 3:01 pm

I didn't say anything about Pendleton. Ironton has been *rumored* to recruit, sorry, "accept transfers" from neighboring districts for years now. That's nothing new, nor is Pendleton the biggest offender. Same thing happens to a lesser extent at Gallia. J. Campbell and I. Clary started off in the county schools and transferred to GA largely because it's the better program.

Ironton FANS are where most of us take issue, I'd wager.
:lol: x and o probably does coaches laundry 😂 anyone can replicate what Pendleton has done with transfers 😂 take the Norte dame ashland kids and number 4 off roster…he probably sittin at 4-4 right now :lol:

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

:mrgreen: Transfer city :lol:

BlizzardMan
S

Post by BlizzardMan »

And yet, they have gotten taken to the woodshed all 3 times. At least the Pirates could win it when they got there. Yes, the program is great, but honestly over 50% of the coaches in the area could do what he does at Ironton with the kids they get to come in. He doesn't make D1 athletes. D1 athletes are D1 athletes. He may provide an avenue, but those kids are D1 athletes before Pendleton gets them. Pendleton is probably a good coach, but he hasn't proven he can coach a team to a state title, when coaching is needed the most. Come back when he does.
As for Friday, Ironton should beat Gallia Academy shouldn't they? So what if they do? The Devils should play balls to the walls. They got nothing to lose. Good luck!

Paulcrew
JV Team

Post by Paulcrew »

truth!
People love to see you’re doing good. However, they hate that you may be doing better than them

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

Ironton fans only feel the need to defend themselves because they know they cheat. If they didn't do anything wrong they wouldnt constantly be so defensive

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

How true

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Paulcrew wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:34 am

truth!
People love to see you’re doing good. However, they hate that you may be doing better than them
This is a typical irnton response.. they run your team down the whole week, then win the game and brag about it... is this the year irnton won't kiss their sister??? You recruit in 3 states and still can't win a state title.... priceless...... what excuse will you use this year, weak league or bad officiating? I hope you enjoy your whine and cheese.

RRX.2020
Waterboy

Post by RRX.2020 »

This site is a joke. jealous people on here talking about recruiting at Ironton. ever ask the question why do kids want to transfer to Ironton to play Football? No because you are so jealous your teams don't want to put the work into it the Kids and /coaches put in at Ironton do. Winning and opportunities are why kids want to play at Ironton. I'm glad Wheelersburg won a state championship I would support any team from around here that went to the state. but half the guys on this site never played the game and cant stand the fact that people support the kids and coaches of Ironton. I don't live in Ironton but when I want to see a good game I watch them. going to Marshall was an awesome game. people on here loved the fact Ironton lost the game. but how many of your schools would even consider playing a Division ! team? None. so keep crying and complaining about the Ironton coaches not willing the state championship. but has you school even been to a state playoff? only Ironton and Wheelersburg have gone so the rest of you have no right to complain about either of those schools. talk your schoolboards into hiring quality coaches.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Thanks for making my point.. thanks for the history lesson, but you flunked.... you forgot Portsmouth west playing in the championship game at Massillon....lol....

Jussmypinion
Waterboy

Post by Jussmypinion »

RRX.2020 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:05 am This site is a joke. jealous people on here talking about recruiting at Ironton. ever ask the question why do kids want to transfer to Ironton to play Football? No because you are so jealous your teams don't want to put the work into it the Kids and /coaches put in at Ironton do. Winning and opportunities are why kids want to play at Ironton. I'm glad Wheelersburg won a state championship I would support any team from around here that went to the state. but half the guys on this site never played the game and cant stand the fact that people support the kids and coaches of Ironton. I don't live in Ironton but when I want to see a good game I watch them. going to Marshall was an awesome game. people on here loved the fact Ironton lost the game. but how many of your schools would even consider playing a Division ! team? None. so keep crying and complaining about the Ironton coaches not willing the state championship. but has you school even been to a state playoff? only Ironton and Wheelersburg have gone so the rest of you have no right to complain about either of those schools. talk your schoolboards into hiring quality coaches.
Quality coaches? Quality recruiters, yes, but coaches not so much. When the opposing teams talent is level with Ironton, and coaching is required, he drops the ball. Every single time.
Ironton is the big dog in the area right now, but how much longer will the I town faithful accept 2nd place finishes? Struggling to fill JV schedules just think how difficult it will be going forward with no conference schedule for them. Not having a guaranteed schedule could affect their "transfer" rate significantly and then we'll get to see coaches in action.

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

RRX.2020 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:05 am This site is a joke. jealous people on here talking about recruiting at Ironton. ever ask the question why do kids want to transfer to Ironton to play Football? No because you are so jealous your teams don't want to put the work into it the Kids and /coaches put in at Ironton do. Winning and opportunities are why kids want to play at Ironton. I'm glad Wheelersburg won a state championship I would support any team from around here that went to the state. but half the guys on this site never played the game and cant stand the fact that people support the kids and coaches of Ironton. I don't live in Ironton but when I want to see a good game I watch them. going to Marshall was an awesome game. people on here loved the fact Ironton lost the game. but how many of your schools would even consider playing a Division ! team? None. so keep crying and complaining about the Ironton coaches not willing the state championship. but has you school even been to a state playoff? only Ironton and Wheelersburg have gone so the rest of you have no right to complain about either of those schools. talk your schoolboards into hiring quality coaches.
There is absolutely no shame in losing the state championship to a team north of I70. Teams from seo except on very rare occasions aren't even competitive in state championship games much less win them i know burg in 2017. And amanda cc won a couple 20 years ago. But for the most part they get dominated.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

BlizzardMan wrote: Mon Oct 09, 2023 9:13 pm

And yet, they have gotten taken to the woodshed all 3 times. At least the Pirates could win it when they got there. Yes, the program is great, but honestly over 50% of the coaches in the area could do what he does at Ironton with the kids they get to come in. He doesn't make D1 athletes. D1 athletes are D1 athletes. He may provide an avenue, but those kids are D1 athletes before Pendleton gets them. Pendleton is probably a good coach, but he hasn't proven he can coach a team to a state title, when coaching is needed the most. Come back when he does.
As for Friday, Ironton should beat Gallia Academy shouldn't they? So what if they do? The Devils should play balls to the walls. They got nothing to lose. Good luck!
Wheelersburg has made it out of their region 3 times in TWO AND A HALF DECADES. That's 3 times in about 25 years.

Only 3.

And present day, Burg can't beat any ranked teams in their region. I'll take Irontons program over any other in that region. They are making the rest look lazy and outdated.

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

gobucs20 wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 10:06 am
There is absolutely no shame in losing the state championship to a team north of I70. Teams from seo except on very rare occasions aren't even competitive in state championship games much less win them i know burg in 2017. And amanda cc won a couple 20 years ago. But for the most part they get dominated.
Burg has only made it outta their region 3 times in two and a half decades and more recently can't beat anybody decent.

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

When is the last time Gallia Academy beat Ironton?

Just an honest question. Lot's of passion on both sides.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:52 am When is the last time Gallia Academy beat Ironton?

Tri_State790
Varsity

Post by Tri_State790 »

Jussmypinion wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 9:26 am
Quality coaches? Quality recruiters, yes, but coaches not so much. When the opposing teams talent is level with Ironton, and coaching is required, he drops the ball. Every single time.
Ironton is the big dog in the area right now, but how much longer will the I town faithful accept 2nd place finishes? Struggling to fill JV schedules just think how difficult it will be going forward with no conference schedule for them. Not having a guaranteed schedule could affect their "transfer" rate significantly and then we'll get to see coaches in action.
The transfers will come regardless cause the rest of seo programs are garbage lol

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

superblue wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:56 am
loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:52 am When is the last time Gallia Academy beat Ironton?

Pretty good coach if I remember right ;)

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

loganlocos wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:01 pm
superblue wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:56 am

Pretty good coach if I remember right ;)
Don't think is was your present day coach. Was it the Logan grad.... my memory is fading....lol

Return to “Football”