Freshman Team

Re: Solon Forfeits Game To Euclid Due To Safety Concerns

Post by Bunker Hill »

Read about this on Yappi , WOW !

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

radiodavel wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:00 pm Solon Forfeits Game To Euclid Due To Safety Concerns
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2023 ... y-concerns
Where in Southeastern Ohio are these two schools located, journalist?

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

formerfcfan wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:44 pm
radiodavel wrote: Wed Oct 04, 2023 12:00 pm Solon Forfeits Game To Euclid Due To Safety Concerns
https://statelinesportsnetwork.net/2023 ... y-concerns
Where in Southeastern Ohio are these two schools located, journalist?
1. I assume your being sarcastic, but you could Google Euclid or Solon and find out where they are located.
2. Game will not be a forfeit, it will just be called a cancelled game. Just like the other cancelled games in Ohio .

Frank Reagan
Varsity

Post by Frank Reagan »

Solon and Euclid are "Cleveland area" schools.

As far as the OHSAA goes, it will be called a no contest.

This is becoming a slippery slope. Cancelling games because of safety concerns is a real thing, but where do you draw the line? Oak Hill is using player safety as a reason to cancel games against league opponents due to concerns of player safety in games that won't be competitive and where players may get hurt/injured. The Solon/Euclid cancellation is about player and fan safety after an incident at or surrounding a Euclid game.

Somewhere down the line, someone will figure it out, if they haven't already done so, how to manipulate cancelled games to help with their Harbin Computer points to something beneficial. Tell me I'm wrong.

Doing the right thing is rarely easy.
superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

"Somewhere down the line, someone will figure it out, if they haven't already done so, how to manipulate cancelled games to help with their Harbin Computer points to something beneficial. Tell me I'm wrong"

I don't completely understand the points system. I have read other posts that claimed a cancelled game will not hurt you in the standings. And you a correct in saying if there is a way to manipulate the system schools will figure it out and take advantage of it ...m

loganlocos
SEOP

Post by loganlocos »

superblue wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 10:43 am "Somewhere down the line, someone will figure it out, if they haven't already done so, how to manipulate cancelled games to help with their Harbin Computer points to something beneficial. Tell me I'm wrong"

I don't completely understand the points system. I have read other posts that claimed a cancelled game will not hurt you in the standings. And you a correct in saying if there is a way to manipulate the system schools will figure it out and take advantage of it ...m
Cancelled games can absolutely affect Harbin rankings.

There were years when I would advise 9-0 teams to cancel games with 0-9 teams as the "WIN" will do more harm than good when it comes to playoff seeding.

superblue
All Conference

Post by superblue »

Cancelled games can absolutely affect Harbin rankings.

There were years when I would advise 9-0 teams to cancel games with 0-9 teams as the "WIN" will do more harm than good when it comes to playoff seeding.
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing out my shortcomings locos...lol it's good to hear from you.. I see where things are starting to click up at Logan....?????!!!! It's been a while since I have talked to your dad and hope everything is ok .... how about working on a gahs/Logan game for next year... we could use another easy win ...lol....

Bluroon
Riding the Bench

Post by Bluroon »

All to common of a tactic for playoff bubble teams especially "post COVID" to cancel against opponents that they know they will lose against. 2021 was a mess due to this. The OHSAA has allowed it and should fix it by counting it as an loss.

Return to “Football”