September 29, 2023 Miami Trace 13 - 42 Jackson

Ed Ott
Varsity

Re: September 29, 2023 Miami Trace - Jackson

Post by Ed Ott »

Watched a bit on livestream. I thought this would be a great game. I was wrong. Jackson dominated the line and the game.

Livestream was quality picture and announcing was fine until the 4th qtr. Jackson had a running clock in the 3rd, took out some key defenders and MT starters scored a TD to take away the running clock near the start of the 4th. In the 4th Jackson had their freshman QB in the game and with about 8 min left on 4th and 4 near midfield went for it and the reserve RB carried 3 starting defenders for MT on his back and picked up the 1st down. MT announcers called Jackson classless haha.

How about your starting defense stop the JV back.

Then after Jackson punts MT has all district RB LeBeau in there for 60 yards rushing down the field on Jackson’s reserves. I don’t mind it but worried their star back might get hurt in a quarter that means nothing. And as Jackson made the stop late in the drive they complained because the refs made two correct calls and said they should’ve overlooked them. Jackson running out the clock but had to get a 1st down before they could mathematically run out the clock. They did and with 1:10 the freshman QB took a knee and announcers say “FINALLY they take a knee” I was hardly listening to the announcing until they started crying and complaining.

Jackson is better than I thought and anticipated. They are going to blowout my Cavs, who aren’t as good as I had hoped.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

Jackson looks to be jelling.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
Tanks3232
Freshman Team

Post by Tanks3232 »

Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:30 am
mt1fan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:45 am Hoping for a great game! Atmosphere should be great as Jackson travels well and Trace should have a good showing of support as well (Youth Cheer Night- Brings in the extra crowd).

Fun fact...
SEOPS Pick'em results

Jackson- 44 Picks..

MT- 0 Picks..

Not much faith for the Panthers here in SEO this week.

Is it upset Friday?????
None of that matters , it will be Ironmen vs Panthers. Let’s see who wants it more.
If MT wanted it more 2-3x than Jackson, they’d still lose lol

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

I was certainly wrong on my prediction. I thought the Ironmen would win, but I thought that MT would score more and keep it closer.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Tanks3232 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:37 pm
Ironmen98 wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:30 am
mt1fan wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:45 am Hoping for a great game! Atmosphere should be great as Jackson travels well and Trace should have a good showing of support as well (Youth Cheer Night- Brings in the extra crowd).

Fun fact...
SEOPS Pick'em results

Jackson- 44 Picks..

MT- 0 Picks..

Not much faith for the Panthers here in SEO this week.

Is it upset Friday?????
None of that matters , it will be Ironmen vs Panthers. Let’s see who wants it more.
If MT wanted it more 2-3x than Jackson, they’d still lose lol
Don’t know much about Trace this year. Figured would be a good game.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: September 29, 2023 Miami Trace 13 - 42 Jackson

Post by mattash »

September 29, 2023 Miami Trace 13 - 42 Jackson

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

Jackson could have easily put up 60 in this game.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:18 am Jackson could have easily put up 60 in this game.
Not sure about 60 but the offense is coming along.

MTSWNGRVSG
SE

Post by MTSWNGRVSG »

Before I say anything just want to know, Ed Ott are you a Jackson fan?

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I thought that the combo of number 5 at wide out and the qb from trace would be real tuff to stop this year. Easily the best qb we saw all year. Someone told me they don’t put 5 out wide and throw him the ball why?

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Jimbob2023 wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:18 am Jackson could have easily put up 60 in this game.
I was wrong in my thinking that it would be a close game. The ease with how the Ironmen were controlling the game, especially with their running game, I don't doubt one bit that if they had wanted, that they probably could have scored 60 points or more.

TrueFan
JV Team

Post by TrueFan »

Ed Ott wrote: Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:30 pm Watched a bit on livestream. I thought this would be a great game. I was wrong. Jackson dominated the line and the game.

Livestream was quality picture and announcing was fine until the 4th qtr. Jackson had a running clock in the 3rd, took out some key defenders and MT starters scored a TD to take away the running clock near the start of the 4th. In the 4th Jackson had their freshman QB in the game and with about 8 min left on 4th and 4 near midfield went for it and the reserve RB carried 3 starting defenders for MT on his back and picked up the 1st down. MT announcers called Jackson classless haha.

How about your starting defense stop the JV back.

Then after Jackson punts MT has all district RB LeBeau in there for 60 yards rushing down the field on Jackson’s reserves. I don’t mind it but worried their star back might get hurt in a quarter that means nothing. And as Jackson made the stop late in the drive they complained because the refs made two correct calls and said they should’ve overlooked them. Jackson running out the clock but had to get a 1st down before they could mathematically run out the clock. They did and with 1:10 the freshman QB took a knee and announcers say “FINALLY they take a knee” I was hardly listening to the announcing until they started crying and complaining.

Jackson is better than I thought and anticipated. They are going to blowout my Cavs, who aren’t as good as I had hoped.
Couple things:

Campus Nation and their announcers DO NOT represent, nor are they affiliated with, Miami Trace. They're an independent source, similar to SOSA or Litter Media, who occasionally provide coverage.

The 4th and 4 was at their own 29 with a 42-13 lead and close to 8 mins left. The announcer didn't say they were classless, he said "you gotta have a little more class than that". He then went on to say, "but, if you smell blood in the water!". The other announcer then defends the play saying "he did get it with his bench players, you can't ask them to take a knee". I agree, it's the defenses job to stop it, but just because you can, doesn't mean you do in a situation like that. Trace also had reserve players in the game as well.

The announcer didn't say "FINALLY they take a knee", he casually said "okay, they're gonna take a knee now, they're finally gonna take a knee. They got into victory formation, qb just took a knee, it's down to 56 seconds, they gotta do it one more time at least", as in, they're in position now that they can go into victory formation. You make it sound like they were whining and complaining that Jackson wasn't kneeing out the clock with 3 minutes left.

Rolltanks wrote: Sat Sep 30, 2023 12:56 pm I thought that the combo of number 5 at wide out and the qb from trace would be real tuff to stop this year. Easily the best qb we saw all year. Someone told me they don’t put 5 out wide and throw him the ball why?
#5, Garrett Guess, does line up out wide and they do throw him the ball (he's their best WR), but he was out with an injury for this game.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Guess doesn't line up out wide very often at all, guessing he's probably 80-20 in lining up inside vs outside. He knows at the next level the TE position is his best shot so he's putting his game towards that.

Return to “Football”