September 22, 2023 Northwest 6 - 7 Valley

ohioripper
Waterboy

Re: Week 6: Valley vs Northwest

Post by ohioripper »

Valley's defense, especially #70 and #21 stepped up. Several others made big plays. Vice with a huge blocked PAT. Ridout's punts flipping the field helped a bunch too. Nice to get win 1 on the season.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

That was the hardest I have seen valley play since the coaching change. I was surprised they couldn’t pass the ball more. They really need to find another playmaker or McNeal is going to get hurt. That just wasn’t the same team we have watched all year. They sold out to stop the run but gave up some passes. Valley was totally gassed those last 4 minutes but held on. Now let’s see how they do going forward now they have a little confidence.
Last edited by Izladoom on Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

transplant
SE

Post by transplant »

You mean McNeal?

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:01 pm Watched the last few minutes of this. Northwest with a chance to win and Lintz don't touch the ball. Wow!
That's a head scratcher.

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
CoachC
Freshman Team

Re: September 22, 2023 Northwest 6 - 7 Valley

Post by CoachC »

Congratulations to the Valley Indians! I have to say I'm a little surprised, but they broke through to get a win.

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

transplant wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:15 pm You mean McNeal?
Yes lol autocorrect got me

Seofanatic
Riding the Bench

Post by Seofanatic »

BigBlueNation wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:01 pm Watched the last few minutes of this. Northwest with a chance to win and Lintz don't touch the ball. Wow!
Head scratcher for sure. Put the ball in your playmakers hands

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Izladoom wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:11 pm That was the hardest I have seen valley play since the coaching change. I was surprised they couldn’t pass the ball more. They really need to find another playmaker or McNeal is going to get hurt. That just wasn’t the same team we have watched all year. They sold out to stop the run but gave up some passes. Valley was totally gassed those last 4 minutes but held on. Now let’s see how they do going forward now they have a little confidence.

You have been endless at holding our kids accountable. You’ve been non stop at comparing times from a decade or 2 ago, and trying to expect that from these kids. If these kids or if this coaching staff knew who you really were, they would tell you this….
It’s probably not my place to say it. But did that ever stop me before?? No. So…
Your posts on here are always critical. You don’t realize the day to day stuff that goes on. And you obviously don’t see the numbers we are faced with. There is nobody on this staff that is not capable of winning games. And I’m not here to bash kids. But between transfers, and a low senior number this year, we are down. You think it’s 2012 again and we have 60 kids playing football. We don’t.
Valley won a game tonight 7-6 vs Notthwest. It was a good game. It’s not where our program wants to be.
Probably not where NW wants to be either. But this isn’t about NW.

My good friend and my other good friends have been working hard with these kids at Valley. And they showed up and played their ass off tonight. We are a little out gunned on numbers right now. We have a lot of younger kids and they came and fought tonight against a solid team. I was hanging out with some friends close to the school tonight when the kids pulled up. I was about a 1/2 mile away. And you could hear em. We are a program with a lot of pride. We are smaller than every SOC 2 school.
But we bring it.
My friends who coach were on teams that beat all these SOC2 schools before when they played.
Every one of them…. Every …..ONE of them….. so they know what it takes.
We may not be there right now. But we will fight you.
I’ll fill you in on the numbers that you don’t know.
It’s really easy to get behind some name on a website or to talk in a closed meeting about how coaches or kids do this or do that.
But someday, you’ll have to look at these coaches in the eye. Or these kids. And when you do? You’ll be the one that knows the truth about the things you’ve said here. These kids are fighting. This coach is the best option. And the coaches he has are his best option.
These kids are fighting.

You know where to find me.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

pmow3 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 1:48 am
Izladoom wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2023 10:11 pm That was the hardest I have seen valley play since the coaching change. I was surprised they couldn’t pass the ball more. They really need to find another playmaker or McNeal is going to get hurt. That just wasn’t the same team we have watched all year. They sold out to stop the run but gave up some passes. Valley was totally gassed those last 4 minutes but held on. Now let’s see how they do going forward now they have a little confidence.

You have been endless at holding our kids accountable. You’ve been non stop at comparing times from a decade or 2 ago, and trying to expect that from these kids. If these kids or if this coaching staff knew who you really were, they would tell you this….
It’s probably not my place to say it. But did9 that ever stop me before?? No. So…
Your posts on here are always critical. You don’t realize the day to day stuff that goes on. And you obviously don’t see the numbers we are faced with. There is nobody on this staff that is not capable of winning games. And I’m not here to bash kids. But between transfers, and a low senior number this year, we are down. You think it’s 2012 again and we have 60 kids playing football. We don’t.
Valley won a game tonight 7-6 vs Notthwest. It was a good game. It’s not where our program wants to be.
Probably not where NW wants to be either. But this isn’t about NW.

My good friend and my other good friends have been working hard with these kids at Valley. And they showed up and played their ass off tonight. We are a little out gunned on numbers right now. We have a lot of younger kids and they came and fought tonight against a solid team. I was hanging out with some friends close to the school tonight when the kids pulled up. I was about a 1/2 mile away. And you could hear em. We are a program with a lot of pride. We are smaller than every SOC 2 school.
But we bring it.
My friends who coach were on teams that beat all these SOC2 schools before when they played.
Every one of them…. Every …..ONE of them….. so they know what it takes.
We may not be there right now. But we will fight you.
I’ll fill you in on the numbers that you don’t know.
It’s really easy to get behind some name on a website or to talk in a closed meeting about how coaches or kids do this or do that.
But someday, you’ll have to look at these coaches in the eye. Or these kids. And when you do? You’ll be the one that knows the truth about the things you’ve said here. These kids are fighting. This coach is the best option. And the coaches he has are his best option.
These kids are fighting.

You know where to find me.
I hear ya brother and I luv ya. I couldn't agree more with your assessment. These coaches aren't the reason for the season. As solid as Darren was as a coach he couldn't produce a better product, even with Scott Rolfe as offensive coordinator. This guy has an ax to grind and I only wish I knew his/her real name to have a civil conversation. He has a hang-up with Keller. He has alluded to his DISTRACTION (daughter)on numerous occasions. I dont get it.
I will not be a coward hiding behind a username. If you want legit conversation come forward or dig a deeper hole

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

I thought my post was pretty positive. I said that’s the hardest I have seen them play. The kids did great last night. I mentioned one time in one post about Keller being busy because his daughter was going through something awful that no man should ever have to. I have also said I think Keller is the best play valley has ever had. Yeah I do have really high expectations of valley sometimes I know we can’t compete with the big dogs anymore but we shouldn’t also be losing by what we have to some of these schools.

ValleyStrong
Freshman Team

Post by ValleyStrong »

The kids stepped up and won the game! Defense won this game. Ugly win but a win, and some questions answered on offensive play calling. Defensively the kids showed they could stop the run, with a basic defensive plan, and fire not to lose.. it is very easy to be over critical from the stands, or compare different generations of kids. We have good kids, and we may be young, but a few mistakes, personnel adjustments, play calling and the season looks a little different. I support the school and all of the kids! Finish out better than the week before!

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:59 am I thought my post was pretty positive. I said that’s the hardest I have seen them play. The kids did great last night. I mentioned one time in one post about Keller being busy because his daughter was going through something awful that no man should ever have to. I have also said I think Keller is the best play valley has ever had. Yeah I do have really high expectations of valley sometimes I know we can’t compete with the big dogs anymore but we shouldn’t also be losing by what we have to some of these schools.
That’s fine. But it really wasn’t your post from yesterday that made me say something. Everyone has the right to be critical. But I’ve watched for quite a long time and last night I wanted it to be known. I’m just making sure that the point is understood that we are trying to build back up.
These kids who are playing will be like the kids that Darren inherited in 1991. It took them a while. But the program had a good run until 2016. A darn good run.
That’s where Nolan will get us to. And these kids will lay the foundation for that. We will build back our numbers. We will quit losing kids to other schools once they see how fun Nolan’s offense can be. They will see that this staff are a bunch of good people that want nothing more than us to succeed.

BigMo
Waterboy

Post by BigMo »

Congratulations to Valley on their first win of the season! As good as it was to see them get that W, I kind of feel for the kid from NW who missed the field goal with 21 seconds left. That’s life though. The sun comes up the next day and you move on to what’s next. Again, congratulations to the Indians!

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Izladoom wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:59 am I thought my post was pretty positive. I said that’s the hardest I have seen them play. The kids did great last night. I mentioned one time in one post about Keller being busy because his daughter was going through something awful that no man should ever have to. I have also said I think Keller is the best play valley has ever had. Yeah I do have really high expectations of valley sometimes I know we can’t compete with the big dogs anymore but we shouldn’t also be losing by what we have to some of these schools.
Your post was positive and complimentary in my opinion. Can't please everyone tho, right?

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

packers80 wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 3:40 pm
Your post was positive and complimentary in my opinion. Can't please everyone tho, right?
That’s definitely true. You can not.

coop
SEOPS

Post by coop »

I think pmow is referring to a series of posts...I've seen the negativity as well.

But this was expected....go back to the outlook threads, we said multiple times this is where were at...for now.

Things will get better...thats a certainty.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

I have not felt that Izladoom was very fair with some of his posts considering the things we knew about this team. After thinking about this game and rewatching some of it on YouTube, the more impressed I am with how Valley played. They have definitely played better on offense but winning a game that way is big for a team that’s been beat up bad on defense. Seeing the players and coaches react really fun to see.

Return to “Football”