September 8, 2023 Ironton 21 - 35 Cabell Midland (WV)

coachK
JV Team

Re: Ironton v/s cabell midland

Post by coachK »

gobucs20 wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 8:11 pm If Ironton plays a clean game I think they win by two touchdowns. West Virginia fb is not on the same level as oh
👍

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

West by god not even close to Ohio football

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Live stream
Attachments
FB_IMG_1694025164433.jpg

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Ona is the 3rd school.
BigSpoon wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:01 am
Bird Dog wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:02 pm
VetteMan wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 10:47 am

Thank you.
I thought Barboursville HS and Milton HS combined to make Midland.
Might be true, he told me 3 schools

gridironfan
Riding the Bench

Post by gridironfan »

28-20 Ironton

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Is My Town showing the game?

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:08 am Is My Town showing the game?
Attachments
FB_IMG_1694025164433.jpg

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:35 am
VetteMan wrote: Mon Sep 04, 2023 11:50 pm I know very little about West Virginia high schools. Is Cabell Midland a consolidation of a couple other West Virginia high schools in years past?
Yes, they combined 3 schools to make midland from what a guy told me i work with. He graduated from midland
Attachments
Screenshot_20230907_121115.jpg

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

goUK wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 8:18 am Ona is the 3rd school.
BigSpoon wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 1:01 am
Bird Dog wrote: Tue Sep 05, 2023 12:02 pm

I thought Barboursville HS and Milton HS combined to make Midland.
Might be true, he told me 3 schools
False
Attachments
Screenshot_20230907_121115.jpg

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

coachK wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 9:36 pm West by god not even close to Ohio football
Ironton and Midland have played twice.

Tied at 1 win each.

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

BigBelliedBob wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:13 pm If Ironton wins, they’ll be the self-proclaimed “King of the Tri-State.” Midland wins, there will be nothing but excuses spewed from the mouths of Fight’n Tiger fans.
No Ironton wins it will be a big win but that is all.
Ironton will still have 6 more games to win and improve for the playoffs.
Midland wins then there will be no excuses regardless of penalties or turnovers.
Ironton will have to play hard and smart I give Ironton credit for getting this game they can win will they Saturday night will give us that answer.
Win or lose no excuses or bragging it's just another game to get better and focus for a great seed in the playoffs

StolenTalents12
Freshman Team

Post by StolenTalents12 »

I’d like to see Ironton play Huntington high in this game next year.

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

fielddaddy wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 7:54 pm
BigBelliedBob wrote: Wed Sep 06, 2023 4:13 pm If Ironton wins, they’ll be the self-proclaimed “King of the Tri-State.” Midland wins, there will be nothing but excuses spewed from the mouths of Fight’n Tiger fans.
Midland wins then there will be no excuses regardless of penalties or turnovers.
Ironton will have to play hard and smart I give Ironton credit for getting this game they can win will they Saturday night will give us that answer.
Win or lose no excuses or bragging it's just another game to get better and focus for a great seed in the playoffs
Yep. Don’t believe either of these teams would pose a threat to Huntington. Ashland would provide a tough test to either team. Good measuring stick for Ironton this Saturday. Win or lose they’ll have a better idea of where they’re at afterwards

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

Outoftowner wrote: Thu Sep 07, 2023 11:10 pm
Yep. Don’t believe either of these teams would pose a threat to Huntington. Ashland would provide a tough test to either team. Good measuring stick for Ironton this Saturday. Win or lose they’ll have a better idea of where they’re at afterwards
Glad you have so much confidence in the Tomcats because you're the only one. They're scared to death to sign the contract and play Ironton

As far as a couple others here acting like losing this game would be no big deal. Nothing could be further from the truth. To lose this game, even more so it's its not close, would be a humiliation to Ironton. Years ago, Huntington East was ranked the number1 school in WV, regardless of size. The Tigers destroyed them and the boast after was, hey, its WV football, not on the same level as we are.

ALL the eyes in the Tri-state will be focused on this game - Tigers will be mocked if they dont win

Jimbob2023
Riding the Bench

Post by Jimbob2023 »

CM by two TDs.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

I've watched both this season thus far. All 5 games between them.

I think it's going to be an interesting contest. Lotta unknowns still as far as how comparable they are. Both are effective at what they do. Both have athletes and depth. Midland is senior heavy. Ironton is a little younger. Both programs consistently compete at a high level. Both programs have big time community support and tradition.

I think a fair bit of eyes will be on this one sat night.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:13 pm I've watched both this season thus far. All 5 games between them.

I think it's going to be an interesting contest. Lotta unknowns still as far as how comparable they are. Both are effective at what they do. Both have athletes and depth. Midland is senior heavy. Ironton is a little younger. Both programs consistently compete at a high level. Both programs have big time community support and tradition.

Sidenote: The Marshall thing is cool but it holds 30,000 plus and Ironton & Midland each have GREAT home field atmospheres. I think the signature home/away series at your building or theirs hold a more special aesthetic. An opportunity was missed. They woulda PACKED the joint. Woulda been a nice scene on a pretty sat night in Ironton or Ona.

Just a personal preference thing i guess. Game woulda been louder at a traditional home/away setting also.

Outoftowner
Riding the Bench

Post by Outoftowner »

Mr Shifty wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:35 am

Glad you have so much confidence in the Tomcats because you're the only one. They're scared to death to sign the contract and play Ironton

As far as a couple others here acting like losing this game would be no big deal. Nothing could be further from the truth. To lose this game, even more so it's its not close, would be a humiliation to Ironton. Years ago, Huntington East was ranked the number1 school in WV, regardless of size. The Tigers destroyed them and the boast after was, hey, its WV football, not on the same level as we are.

ALL the eyes in the Tri-state will be focused on this game - Tigers will be mocked if they dont win
Mocked by who? If Ironton can’t beat them which SEO school can? Not sure any other local teams are in a position to mock Ironton since they themselves have so much trouble with the Tigers. Granted, none of them should compete given the size disparity of the schools. It’s more mockable to consider that little schools such as Ironton or Wheelersburg might actually compete with a school that has nearly a thousand boys.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:17 pm
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 5:13 pm I've watched both this season thus far. All 5 games between them.

Sidenote: The Marshall thing is cool but it holds 30,000 plus and Ironton & Midland each have GREAT home field atmospheres. I think the signature home/away series at your building or theirs hold a more special aesthetic. An opportunity was missed. They woulda PACKED the joint. Woulda been a nice scene on a pretty sat night in Ironton or Ona.

Just a personal preference thing i guess. Game woulda been louder at a traditional home/away setting also.

Agree both have wonderful stadiums but to many of the kids I’m sure they are thrilled to be playing at the Joan, some may never get to play at a stadium like that

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Outoftowner wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 10:33 pm
Mr Shifty wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 11:35 am

Mocked by who? If Ironton can’t beat them which SEO school can? Not sure any other local teams are in a position to mock Ironton since they themselves have so much trouble with the Tigers. Granted, none of them should compete given the size disparity of the schools. It’s more mockable to consider that little schools such as Ironton or Wheelersburg might actually compete with a school that has nearly a thousand boys.
All the pressure is on CM. Ironton has 400 students compared to CM 1800. On paper this shouldn’t even be a ballgame. CM is ranked top 3 in the state of WV. Any top 10 Ohio D1 school would beat CM by 21. Ironton is not representing Ohio vs WV in HS football. Ohio football is 10x better than WV.

Return to “Football”