Who's taking Ironton's OVC Spot

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Who's taking Ironton's OVC Spot

Post by I-TownFanatic »

2024 looks the Ironton OVC training is retiring.. Whos taking the spot. it was a fun run

TigerBob
All Conference

Re: Who's taking Ironton's OVC Spot

Post by TigerBob »

Supposed to be nobody. Ironton plays Portsmouth, Gallia, Fairland Weeks 8-10, other weeks someone is just open. Ironton stays in all other sports.

Barney
Waterboy

Post by Barney »

Let's add some schools that would make conference stronger!!! But I don't believe they are replacing them yet

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Barney wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:00 am Let's add some schools that would make conference stronger!!! But I don't believe they are replacing them yet

Already had that & the rest of the soft azz conference members complained. In 2024 the OVC's new member is an old friend.

Meet IRRELEVANCE

Gator B Long
Freshman Team

Post by Gator B Long »

IRRELEVANCE was where Ironton had fallen to in the few years before entering the OVC.

Lost&Confused
Waterboy

Post by Lost&Confused »

I think the OVC should dump them in all sports. Irrelevant is what the tigers are in basically in all other OVC sports. The OVC is doing them a big favor by letting them stay in those.

CrackBack46
Freshman Team

Post by CrackBack46 »

Spoken like a jealous SP fan….

I don’t even watch most other sports and I know Ironton is toward the top at everything but girls sports.

Lost&Confused wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:45 pm I think the OVC should dump them in all sports. Irrelevant is what the tigers are in basically in all other OVC sports. The OVC is doing them a big favor by letting them stay in those.

quizcap11
Waterboy

Post by quizcap11 »

CrackBack46 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:34 pm Spoken like a jealous SP fan….

I don’t even watch most other sports and I know Ironton is toward the top at everything but girls sports.

Lost&Confused wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:45 pm I think the OVC should dump them in all sports. Irrelevant is what the tigers are in basically in all other OVC sports. The OVC is doing them a big favor by letting them stay in those.
Not good at volleyball, not good at cross country, not good at golf, okay at boys basketball, bad at girls bball, bad at baseball, bad at track on both sides. One trick pony of a school.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

Was wondering the same thing. If football wants out of OVC then all there teams should be out! Does their football team think they are better than OVC , apparently so, so Ironton teams should follow . At least they shouldn't be included for that leagues titles, since football team doesn't want in OVC. My opinion and seems like others agree.

Prime Time
All State

Post by Prime Time »

So what will OVC do now, when Portsmouth, Fairland or Gallia wants out of basketball OVC to pursue the same thing that they allowed Ironton football to do! Whats good for one team should be good for any OVC team no matter the sport to do what Ironton was allowed to do in football by OVC . just sayin! To top it off, in the future when either the recruits fade out or Ironton gets another head Coach, what will OVC do when Ironton wants back in league.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

So is River Valley coming back to the OVC?

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:56 pm Was wondering the same thing. If football wants out of OVC then all there teams should be out! Does their football team think they are better than OVC , apparently so, so Ironton teams should follow . At least they shouldn't be included for that leagues titles, since football team doesn't want in OVC. My opinion and seems like others agree.
The rest of the ovc should give up football all together cause they are WET BOOTY CHEEKS 😂

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

CrackBack46 wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 1:34 pm Spoken like a jealous SP fan….

Ironton is the ONLY marquee attraction. Now thats gone. Back to irrelevance for the ovc

Tartanblue
SEO

Post by Tartanblue »

The OVC is smart by doing this, the schools in the league are competitive with Ironton in other sports; however, by letting Ironton go independent for football only and you make both sides happy. Ironton can beef up their schedule to the way they want, and from the looks of Pendleton at this point could try get multiple weekends of his grid iron classic to get more national attention to the Tigers while the rest of the league can battle over a conference title. While for other sports the OVC schools can make their money from the Ironton faithful who travel well especially if they are doing good.

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Truth

goUK
Varsity

Post by goUK »

Prime Time wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:31 pm So what will OVC do now, when Portsmouth, Fairland or Gallia wants out of basketball OVC to pursue the same thing that they allowed Ironton football to do! Whats good for one team should be good for any OVC team no matter the sport to do what Ironton was allowed to do in football by OVC . just sayin! To top it off, in the future when either the recruits fade out or Ironton gets another head Coach, what will OVC do when Ironton wants back in league.
This is the exact reason why ironton wanted to stay in the ovc. 22 boys and girls basketball games, 22 volleyball games, 27 baseball and softball games. Ironton needs the ovc more than the ovc needs them.

Jason Vorhees
S

Post by Jason Vorhees »

Weeks 1-4 or 1-5 will be easy to fill. Once weeks 6-10 occur, what is Ironton going to do? Are you going to have to go to Columbus or Cincinnati or Cleveland for games? Do you keep Portsmouth on the schedule? How are you going to fill the gaps in the schedule?

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

goUK wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 6:49 pm
Prime Time wrote: Mon Aug 28, 2023 6:31 pm So what will OVC do now, when Portsmouth, Fairland or Gallia wants out of basketball OVC to pursue the same thing that they allowed Ironton football to do! Whats good for one team should be good for any OVC team no matter the sport to do what Ironton was allowed to do in football by OVC . just sayin! To top it off, in the future when either the recruits fade out or Ironton gets another head Coach, what will OVC do when Ironton wants back in league.
This is the exact reason why ironton wanted to stay in the ovc. 22 boys and girls basketball games, 22 volleyball games, 27 baseball and softball games. Ironton needs the ovc more than the ovc needs them.
It was a unanimous decision for Ironton to leave in football.
They wanted them in all other sports the travel and gate money was just to good to lose in BB and even Baseball.
As for football the gate money was great but taking a beating and knowing your chances of winning the OVC tittle was nearly zero was to much for the other teams.
Portsmouth will stay on the schedule for the unseen future do to the rivalry length.
Ironton just out grew the OVC in football they was ok when they was down but they are not down anymore so it was time to part ways.
As for scheduling it will be tough no doubt but the rewards may be well worth it.

Geronimo
SEOP

Post by Geronimo »

Because of transfers 🏈👎😔

BigBelliedBob
Waterboy

Post by BigBelliedBob »

If, and it’s a huge if, Pendleton stays after playing an independent schedule for a season, he’ll be begging to get back in the OVC. Won’t be as easy to pad stats and build his résumé playing schools outside Lawrence and Scioto counties. A season, at most two, with a record of 7-3 or 6-4 and he’ll bounce to something “bigger and better”. He’ll get a taste of what he’s done to the OVC and it will be glorious!

Return to “Football”