Scrimmage Results

Bunker Hill
Freshman Team

Re: Scrimmage Results

Post by Bunker Hill »

Arnie wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:52 am
Bunker Hill wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:45 am Bellaire 2-0 over John Marshall WV , Varsity . 9 of Bellaire’s first 15 plays went for 10 or more yards . No down and distance only 10 plays and switch, had there been down and distance Bellaire would have scored at will .
JM four players over 285 , two over 300 , upperclassmen and possible D1 ? ? According to reports
Sounds like Bellaire could be a favorite in the region. Especially if Fort Frye is a little down.
[/quote

Bellaire is fast , no doubt about that although I would not say the favorite, maybe NC there .

Bellaire starts a new QB , brother of last seasons four year starter . He has a way to go and will obviously get better as the season goes . Coaches are not asking him to do more than capable at this time .

Bellaire opens away at Garaway

Bigreds pride
Freshman Team

Post by Bigreds pride »

Is that 7 pts to 3 pts or 7 tds to 3 tds

Izladoom
All State

Post by Izladoom »

dirt_cinders wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:44 pm Valley 22 ND 18. Played 3 quarters.
That’s a little encouraging at least

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 10:02 pm
a_c_m wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:45 pm
TigerBob wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:28 pm Ironton scrimmage was in Cincinnati
How did the Tigers do?
I was not there but was told Anderson rolled. Varsity 8 or 9 to 1 TD. Anderson very good with two stud transfers and return a lot from a 5-5 team that almost won region.

As long as ALL FighTing Tigers are healthy & learned from this play “UP” Scrimmage scenario, The scrimmage TD ratio is A mute Pointe.

Will give the Tigers some “OOMPH” & ready to do their best to keep GROWING & GROWLING.

Grow
Growl
GET ON UP!!!
#GoTgo

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

Izladoom wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 1:39 am
dirt_cinders wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:44 pm Valley 22 ND 18. Played 3 quarters.
Valley took their starters out middle of second. It’s was 22-6. ND left theirs in. That’s way so close.

Valley91
Waterboy

Post by Valley91 »

Valley91 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 9:40 am
Valley took their starters out middle of second. It’s was 22-6. ND left theirs in. That’s why so close.

dirt_cinders
JV Team

Post by dirt_cinders »

The score was 15 - 12 Valley with 4:37 left in the 2nd quarter and ended up being 22-18 at half. I was texting a friend the specifics of the game.
ND was inside the 5 earlier in the 2nd half and did not get into the endzone. They were also at the 9 another time and did not get in the endzone.
ND's kicker was on the sideline in concussion protocol. He would have helped in this game with the extra point attempts and two field goals from short range.

Valley passed the ball relatively well. They struggled with running the ball. There was one breakout run (cannot remember who) but other than that ND shut them down.

The game was very close - I believe of the teams played 10 times they may split 5 and 5. I think Valley's youth and playing in the SOC2 will be a huge challenge. Their line must be young and will hopefully improve as the season moves forward. ND - hard to tell -- they will play an easier first-half schedule then last year and then get to go into the SOCI.

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 3:15 pm
beg003 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:58 pm
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:39 pm

All I did was tell the score. Didn’t bad mouth anything. You’re the one getting all defensive about stuff. And I said was you’ll probably have the rundown with stats etc. Im not that technical. I don’t recall saying anything negative?
Honestly, I do see Warren winning 4 or 5 games if they stay healthy. But their schedule isn’t easy and their depth is non existent.
My point is that every post you make has no context, no details, or anything of substance, only that “they’re terrible” or they’re a “JV team.” And you’ve still yet to compliment a player on something good they did in a scrimmage. Our first drive, we went right down the field running and passing the ball and got stopped at about the 20 (after starting at the opposite 30), after the ten play limit. That’s probably a scoring drive. The varsity had two series each way. Not exactly a huge sample size. If they stay healthy, I’d say 7 wins is a possibility. If not, then that’s a different story.
After seeing what Morgan did to Fort Frye I wouldn’t put that in the win column. Fairfield Union, Logan, Point, and Cambridge (after shutting down Marietta the other night) will be legit. I can bet Warren isn’t walking into Beverly and winning. I’ll say Belpre, Marietta and Alexander will be wins but Alexander has a crazy good passing game and Warren hasn’t won at Marietta for awhile. 7 wins is a reach but I’m leaning more toward 4-5.
Cambridge will not be 'legit'..the Marietta scrimmage was not very impressive.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

beg003 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:03 pm
OldskoolWarrior wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 1:47 pm Took the scenic route to Roane County today to see the Warriors play a school the same size as them. Roane scored 3 times and Warren didn’t score. Beg003 probably has a better rundown from his seat.
So did I, you should’ve came and said hello. Three starters out, wasn’t great, wasn’t terrible. They hit some plays in the passing game but didn’t run the ball for anything. I’m sure we’re well on our way to 0-10 in your book. I really don’t know what your problem is with these coaches and kids but you’re truly making yourself into a joke. It’s embarrassing for yourself and for the school you claim to “represent.” The hypocrisy gets very old, very fast. If they’re so bad, which just isn’t true, then how about supporting them and not badmouthing them on an anonymous site where you can get away with it.
To my knowledge Roane County was pretty good last year, idk what they graduated. I assumed that scrimmage would go that direction. If the Defense can hold things down, warren may get the same numbers of wins from last year.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

beg003 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 2:03 pm
So did I, you should’ve came and said hello. Three starters out, wasn’t great, wasn’t terrible. They hit some plays in the passing game but didn’t run the ball for anything. I’m sure we’re well on our way to 0-10 in your book. I really don’t know what your problem is with these coaches and kids but you’re truly making yourself into a joke. It’s embarrassing for yourself and for the school you claim to “represent.” The hypocrisy gets very old, very fast. If they’re so bad, which just isn’t true, then how about supporting them and not badmouthing them on an anonymous site where you can get away with it.

All I did was tell the score. Didn’t bad mouth anything. You’re the one getting all defensive about stuff. And I said was you’ll probably have the rundown with stats etc. Im not that technical. I don’t recall saying anything negative?
Honestly, I do see Warren winning 4 or 5 games if they stay healthy. But their schedule isn’t easy and their depth is non existent.
My point is that every post you make has no context, no details, or anything of substance, only that “they’re terrible” or they’re a “JV team.” And you’ve still yet to compliment a player on something good they did in a scrimmage. Our first drive, we went right down the field running and passing the ball and got stopped at about the 20 (after starting at the opposite 30), after the ten play limit. That’s probably a scoring drive. The varsity had two series each way. Not exactly a huge sample size. If they stay healthy, I’d say 7 wins is a possibility. If not, then that’s a different story.
7 wins for Warren in a perfect world?
Or that’s what you actually believe?

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

MOVSPORTS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:49 am

If we stay relatively healthy, then it’s attainable. If not, then no. Our best 11 on both sides are good football players that can compete with anyone on our schedule. The problem is depth. A few injuries would complicate things dramatically.

MOVSPORTS
Waterboy

Post by MOVSPORTS »

beg003 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:13 pm
If we stay relatively healthy, then it’s attainable. If not, then no. Our best 11 on both sides are good football players that can compete with anyone on our schedule. The problem is depth. A few injuries would complicate things dramatically.
I don’t disagree, athletically Warren always has talent but unfortunately injuries happen. How many of your best 11 go both ways?

boss8
JV Team

Post by boss8 »

MOVSPORTS wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:31 pm
I don’t disagree, athletically Warren always has talent but unfortunately injuries happen. How many of your best 11 go both ways?
I can't see 7 wins no matter healthy everyone stays. New QB since Taylor isn't playing and losing by far your best player to Parkersburg in Williams. Pepper is a good young player but don't see much around him. Unless OL is dominant (don't think they will be) I see them struggling big time to score.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

boss8 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 12:40 pm
I can't see 7 wins no matter healthy everyone stays. New QB since Taylor isn't playing and losing by far your best player to Parkersburg in Williams. Pepper is a good young player but don't see much around him. Unless OL is dominant (don't think they will be) I see them struggling big time to score.
OL has actually been surprisingly good. Came off the ball well against South Point and Roane. Weight room has paid off big time there. We have a lot of kids who have waited their turn to play and are now going to get a chance. No one knows who they are, and that’s okay, but these kids can play too. Williams was great when he played but there were lots of 4th quarters and whole games he didn’t play. He might’ve played 10 total games the last two years. Talented yes, available all the time, no. New QB can move, so we’ll have Q run for the first time in forever. But, they play the games for a reason, so we’ll find out.

beg003
All Conference

Post by beg003 »

About half, depending on the game.

BillyBob21
Freshman Team

Post by BillyBob21 »

Valley took their starters out middle of second. It’s was 22-6. ND left theirs in. That’s way so close.
Nah!! ND was leading 12-7 until 7 left in the 2nd when Valley scored on a pass play with miss tackle in the secondary. Penalty gave them the extra point try from a yard and an half where they went for two and made it. Gave them an 15-7 lead Instead of punting ND went for it on 4th and long at their own 45 I believe and failed. Valley with all their starters still scored on a 20 yard pass with 3 minutes left to make it 22-12. NDs next possession went 65 yards in two minutes and scored with a minute left on the clock. Went for two and failed. Made it 22-18 which was the final.
In the 3rd quarter with a running clock is when all back ups came in for Valley. ND only had 17 dressed 5 were not. 3 were starters. So ND had to leave most their starters in. After a few punts and ND interception ND drove down to the 2 but called back for a holding. ND going for it on 4th down and about 20 came up a bout a yard short and turned it back over to Valley after 2 plays game clock expired and that was it.
ND showed they have potential with new coach and new system. Looked to me like ND wasn’t showing too much since it wasn’t a scrimmage. They have a running back that is very hard to bring down one on one and even two on one. They have a qb with a cannon for an arm that shows great potential. Really good skilled players and a line that is decent but will have to improve. ND has a couple games first half of season that will be tough for them but if they continue to improve and also stay healthy I believe they will be too dog in SOC1 with the new alignment.

Valley is young and have good skilled positions which a young line I see getting better every game. I think the will take a few lumps but will definitely give a few this year as well.

To me the jamboree game gave everyone a taste of what is to come for the season but didn’t show the entire picture for either team. But it was enjoyable to watch. Best of luck to both ND and Valley on the upcoming season…

Hoopster98
Freshman Team

Post by Hoopster98 »

ND secondary has to get better. Their secondary gave up some passes downfield. I did see Metzler and Phillips not dressed, Injury or just siting them? The running back for ND looked tough and looks hard to bring down. Where is Metzler playing at on offense this year? I thought Valley controlled the game and Crabtree took out his starting QB with about 7:00 or so left in the 2nd quarter. Backup QB threw a nice ball but was called back due to ineligible receiver downfield but looks like the Indians will struggle due to depth and youth. I think Valley and ND should schedule each other next year or the next couple years.

KCol
Freshman Team

Post by KCol »

Hoopster98 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:51 pm ND secondary has to get better. Their secondary gave up some passes downfield. I did see Metzler and Phillips not dressed, Injury or just siting them? The running back for ND looked tough and looks hard to bring down. Where is Metzler playing at on offense this year? I thought Valley controlled the game and Crabtree took out his starting QB with about 7:00 or so left in the 2nd quarter. Backup QB threw a nice ball but was called back due to ineligible receiver downfield but looks like the Indians will struggle due to depth and youth. I think Valley and ND should schedule each other next year or the next couple years.
Cody Metzler is listed as a tight end this year on offense.

I am impressed with Notre Dame and East both. I believe both will have great seasons and the Week 10 matchup could decide the conference title outright. East and Notre Dame both get Eastern at home and ND beat Eastern last year on the road while East was in the game the entire four quarters. I wouldn't be surprised if both teams have at least 7 or 8 wins apiece heading into that Week 10 contest at Allard Park, possibly more.

Dan-The-Man
Riding the Bench

Post by Dan-The-Man »

BillyBob21 wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 4:00 pm

Nah!! ND was leading 12-7 until 7 left in the 2nd when Valley scored on a pass play with miss tackle in the secondary. Penalty gave them the extra point try from a yard and an half where they went for two and made it. Gave them an 15-7 lead Instead of punting ND went for it on 4th and long at their own 45 I believe and failed. Valley with all their starters still scored on a 20 yard pass with 3 minutes left to make it 22-12. NDs next possession went 65 yards in two minutes and scored with a minute left on the clock. Went for two and failed. Made it 22-18 which was the final.
In the 3rd quarter with a running clock is when all back ups came in for Valley. ND only had 17 dressed 5 were not. 3 were starters. So ND had to leave most their starters in. After a few punts and ND interception ND drove down to the 2 but called back for a holding. ND going for it on 4th down and about 20 came up a bout a yard short and turned it back over to Valley after 2 plays game clock expired and that was it.
ND showed they have potential with new coach and new system. Looked to me like ND wasn’t showing too much since it wasn’t a scrimmage. They have a running back that is very hard to bring down one on one and even two on one. They have a qb with a cannon for an arm that shows great potential. Really good skilled players and a line that is decent but will have to improve. ND has a couple games first half of season that will be tough for them but if they continue to improve and also stay healthy I believe they will be too dog in SOC1 with the new alignment.

Valley is young and have good skilled positions which a young line I see getting better every game. I think the will take a few lumps but will definitely give a few this year as well.

To me the jamboree game gave everyone a taste of what is to come for the season but didn’t show the entire picture for either team. But it was enjoyable to watch. Best of luck to both ND and Valley on the upcoming season…
The game was pretty close but this is not went on. Valley’s QB and most of the starting backs and receivers were on of the game by mid 2nd quarter. Valley’s last TD was freshman to freshman after long TD was called back. Valley was up 22-12 when ND scored against the Valley JV.

I do think this would be good regular season game. I think Valley would be a favorite in SOC 1 if they were still there.

Offensive players have a chance to be good. But I can see where they will have trouble on defense. Numbers looked up a little. That’s encouraging with only 1 senior.

otbz1
Waterboy

Post by otbz1 »

522Pirate wrote: Thu Aug 10, 2023 12:32 am
GeneralCarpenter wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:06 pm
Svcguru wrote: Sun Aug 06, 2023 9:40 pm

Logan Elm play that good or Unioto play that bad? All the Logan Elm people I’ve talk to haven’t been very positive about the upcoming season. I personally think both these teams could have really good seasons and how much can you take away from the first scrimmage of the year.
Hoops threw 3 pick 6s. He doesn’t have Fox, Dray and Griffin to make him look good this year. Unioto’s offense will struggle
Must be the backup's dad...

?

Return to “Football”