August 25, 2023 Belpre 0 - 62 Fort Frye

enigmaax
All State

Re: WK 2: Fort Frye (1-0) @ Belpre (0-1)

Post by enigmaax »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:52 pm
Muffler wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 3:16 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 2:21 pm

They didn’t play Zanesville , St Henry , Lima Central Catholic recently? They lost to Linsly 42-39 and Linsly literally beat Steubenville. Linsly was one of the best teams in West Virginia last year. I get it you trolling but you have no idea what you’re talking about.
Oh I’m sorry you mean 3-7 Zanesville. Or Lima who you lost to or st. Henry who you should’ve lost to? 3 tough regular season games in 3 years isn’t impressive Mr. EasternDSPY. Let me know when you guys beat someone who’s actually better than you and then we will see who is trolling…
Same stuff every year. Just a Waterford fan without a leg to stand on. You ignored Linsly I see. Get over it you tried to say Linsly wasn’t good last year. Zanesville plays a crazy schedule. 2 years ago they were super fast. Don’t see many D6 schools playing them.
A lot of people try to apply college football logic to high school football. It’s silly.Think about the message, “Until you beat one of the 1% of schools that’s better than you, you are only better than 99%. Not very impressive.” Lol.

Divisions were created for a reason. Playoffs are done regionally for a reason. There is no player/coach/fan anywhere on earth who would not enjoy 10+ wins a year every year for a decade because they didn’t have to beat a team five levels higher or 200 miles away to do so.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Muffler wrote: Tue Aug 22, 2023 1:40 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Aug 21, 2023 5:54 pm

You have no idea what you’re talking about. Fort Frye couldn’t find games for months. They literally have to play a team from Canada week 4. The team from Canada is staying in Beverly for a week. It’s not that simple as scheduling harder. Fort has scheduled up for last 3-4 years. Just not a lot of teams div 5-7 that want to play Fort Frye.
Fort Frye schedules weak teams in bigger divisions. Scheduling warren who will go 2-8 and Marietta who will go 1-10 is not really scheduling up. I have a hard time believing ironton or mogadore or Kirkland would be afraid to play you guys.
They didn’t play Zanesville , St Henry , Lima Central Catholic recently? They lost to Linsly 42-39 and Linsly literally beat Steubenville. Linsly was one of the best teams in West Virginia last year. I get it you trolling but you have no idea what you’re talking about.
These people . . . Whoever Fort Frye beats, they say those teams were never any good to start with. If Fort Frye ever is fortunate enough to win state in D-6, they'll say "but you can't beat ________ in D-5." They give the message board something to talk about, I guess.

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

Oh I’m sorry you mean 3-7 Zanesville. Or Lima who you lost to or st. Henry who you should’ve lost to? 3 tough regular season games in 3 years isn’t impressive Mr. EasternDSPY. Let me know when you guys beat someone who’s actually better than you and then we will see who is trolling…
Same stuff every year. Just a Waterford fan without a leg to stand on. You ignored Linsly I see. Get over it you tried to say Linsly wasn’t good last year. Zanesville plays a crazy schedule. 2 years ago they were super fast. Don’t see many D6 schools playing them.
We will see how you guys fair this year in the playoffs. You guys have benefited a lot from playing in the weakest region in the whole state. Now they’ve put some teams in there that will bounce you guys.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Muffler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 8:58 am

We will see how you guys fair this year in the playoffs. You guys have benefited a lot from playing in the weakest region in the whole state. Now they’ve put some teams in there that will bounce you guys.
No 27 is by far the weakest region in all of Ohio football and yet only Trimble in this area can ever get out of it.

raindelay
Riding the Bench

Post by raindelay »

If you’re gonna troll at least be good at it. This is just embarrassing.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Game has been moved to Stadium Field in Parkersburg

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:48 pm Game has been moved to Stadium Field in Parkersburg
What a crock. Welsh getting this moved to Parkersburg and away from Beverly is such bs. "Don't want to have ff with an advantage". Give me a break. Every team that plays belpre has an advantage. You would think someone that coached here with the current staff would have more respect and class. Send this game across the river for ff to win by whatever is a waste of time. Not like our district couldn't use the money from concessions and everything else, instead let's take the money across the river. Absolute joke and I hope we score a 100 on them

Muffler
Riding the Bench

Post by Muffler »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 9:33 am

No 27 is by far the weakest region in all of Ohio football and yet only Trimble in this area can ever get out of it.
They moved teams up from region 27 to 23 to increase your competition. In years past your cruised to a region title but would get blown out in the final four. Shows how weak the region is if you aren’t a competitive team in the final 4

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

I guess the fence is down at Belpre.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

enigmaax wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 7:23 am

A lot of people try to apply college football logic to high school football. It’s silly.Think about the message, “Until you beat one of the 1% of schools that’s better than you, you are only better than 99%. Not very impressive.” Lol.

Divisions were created for a reason. Playoffs are done regionally for a reason. There is no player/coach/fan anywhere on earth who would not enjoy 10+ wins a year every year for a decade because they didn’t have to beat a team five levels higher or 200 miles away to do so.
Facts. I get tired of the “weak schedule” nonsense. We should be able to play some of the Hocking teams and Wahama without hearing that BS.

I know, I was D1 fellas
*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

I wish they’d put us in R27. That would toughen it up a bunch. We’d get to play those Hocking teams that keep ducking us too. Plus we’d dominate the sonofabeech.

I know, I was D1 fellas
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Muffler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:56 pm

They moved teams up from region 27 to 23 to increase your competition. In years past your cruised to a region title but would get blown out in the final four. Shows how weak the region is if you aren’t a competitive team in the final 4
99% of teams d5-d7 would get smoked by kirtland or Marion local. Your logic is so flawed on all your posts. At least give some valid info to back your logic.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Muffler wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:56 pm

Kirtland beat the #2 team in their region by 30 points. Thanks for the softballs. It's a slow week.

Unckle Ralph
Waterboy

Post by Unckle Ralph »

The Belpre/Fort Frye game is being moved to Parkersburg and being played on the turf at Stadium Field. Belpre has been replacing the running track at Ralph Holder Stadium and it’s not finished. Kick off is still at 7. All passes and pre-paid tickets will still be good at the gate.

LET’S GO EAGLES!!!!!

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:22 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 2:48 pm Game has been moved to Stadium Field in Parkersburg
What a crock. Welsh getting this moved to Parkersburg and away from Beverly is such bs. "Don't want to have ff with an advantage". Give me a break. Every team that plays belpre has an advantage. You would think someone that coached here with the current staff would have more respect and class. Send this game across the river for ff to win by whatever is a waste of time. Not like our district couldn't use the money from concessions and everything else, instead let's take the money across the river. Absolute joke and I hope we score a 100 on them
Good Lord dude. Educate yourself before making an ignorant and ridiculous comment. The field is still under construction. Why would they make it a home game for FF? 🤦‍♂️

Another example of why nobody in the area can stand FF fans

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:05 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 3:22 pm
Good Lord dude. Educate yourself before making an ignorant and ridiculous comment. The field is still under construction. Why would they make it a home game for FF? 🤦‍♂️

Another example of why nobody in the area can stand FF fans
Actually, they had agreed to move it to Beverly. I have my facts straight. I know why they're not playing it at belpre, everyone knows that. Maybe you should educate yourself before responding.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

They never had an agreement to play it in Beverly. It was mentioned as a possibility if they couldn't get Stadium Field. Pretty sure I'm more in tune about this situation than you are. But keep running your mouth. That's about all your FF fans seem to be good at.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Sorry wrong word. They called and said we will come to Beverly, not a sign and sealed agreement. Then call back later and say it's at stadium field instead. Let me ask you a question, why not play it at ff? Why not let an ohio school make the money instead of taking it across the river? Advantage to ff some might say, everyone in the county has the advantage vs belpre for the foreseeable future. I'm plugged in as well on this end. Maybe one of us or both isn't getting the entire story. But to play this game at phs is complete bs.

Bucknuts88
Riding the Bench

Post by Bucknuts88 »

Ff3233 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:26 pm Sorry wrong word. They called and said we will come to Beverly, not a sign and sealed agreement. Then call back later and say it's at stadium field instead. Let me ask you a question, why not play it at ff? Why not let an ohio school make the money instead of taking it across the river? Advantage to ff some might say, everyone in the county has the advantage vs belpre for the foreseeable future. I'm plugged in as well on this end. Maybe one of us or both isn't getting the entire story. But to play this game at phs is complete bs.
Do you really think coach Welsh cares about FF getting extra money from ticket sales, and concessions? Why would he? He cares about his team. PHS offered to share ticket sales revenue with them.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Bucknuts88 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:34 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:26 pm Sorry wrong word. They called and said we will come to Beverly, not a sign and sealed agreement. Then call back later and say it's at stadium field instead. Let me ask you a question, why not play it at ff? Why not let an ohio school make the money instead of taking it across the river? Advantage to ff some might say, everyone in the county has the advantage vs belpre for the foreseeable future. I'm plugged in as well on this end. Maybe one of us or both isn't getting the entire story. But to play this game at phs is complete bs.
Do you really think coach Welsh cares about FF getting extra money from ticket sales, and concessions? Why would he? He cares about his team. PHS offered to share ticket sales revenue with them.
He coached at ff and his kid graduated from ff. The better question is why wouldn't he? Are you saying ff didn't offer to share in the revenue?
Last edited by Ff3233 on Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Football”