August 18, 2023 Ironton 17 - 14 Wheelersburg

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Re: Wheelersburg @ Ironton Week 1

Post by Tom Smyth »

TomUnessa wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 5:59 pm
Nicknevada86 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:44 pm Ironton 14
Burg 13
Interesting score Nick. I know a lot of people especially Ironton fans don’t think it will be that close. I watched Burg-Raceland scrimmage and i thought Burg offensive line kinda struggled. I was really impressed with Burg defense.Ironton in my opinion I think is definitely a 2 td favorite at home but i could be wrong. Interested in hearing your take on game and why such a close dogfight of a score. Honestly I love reading posts like this and it’s good to getting back to week 1 discussion rather than state champs vs regional champs trash talk, recruiting, and other 💩 talk.
It is great to finally get the discussion back on the game. That one guy arguing with himself pretending to be from either school with different usernames was comical for a while but it got old. So hopefully BTW/RBH will stop with the shitttalk with himself and let people discuss the game.

Sensible Steve
Waterboy

Post by Sensible Steve »

Two of the best programs in the area, great tradition, great coaching staffs, and alot of pride. Both teams want and expect to be on top of the mountain. I dont believe the talent level is that far apart. The Tank will be rocking and there will be a special feeling in the air. Just a gut feeling but I will take Wheelersburg with the upset. Pirates 20 Tigers 13.

TomUnessa
Riding the Bench

Post by TomUnessa »

Tom Smyth wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:21 pm
Nicknevada86 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 3:44 pm Ironton 14
Burg 13
Interesting score Nick. I know a lot of people especially Ironton fans don’t think it will be that close. I watched Burg-Raceland scrimmage and i thought Burg offensive line kinda struggled. I was really impressed with Burg defense.Ironton in my opinion I think is definitely a 2 td favorite at home but i could be wrong. Interested in hearing your take on game and why such a close dogfight of a score. Honestly I love reading posts like this and it’s good to getting back to week 1 discussion rather than state champs vs regional champs trash talk, recruiting, and other 💩 talk.
It is great to finally get the discussion back on the game. That one guy arguing with himself pretending to be from either school with different usernames was comical for a while but it got old. So hopefully BW/RBH will stop with the shitttalk with himself and let people discuss the game.
Agree 💯. It’s a awesome rivalry with 2 schools whose name, history, and record speaks alot for southern ohio football. I respect both teams and nothing wrong with some smack talk between some great passionate fans on both sides. I wish both teams a injury free game and nothing but the best. I would love to see a week 1 dogfight between these 2. I really enjoyed last years game and both defenses really stepped up. Hopefully they see each other again on down the road.

Tom Smyth
Waterboy

Post by Tom Smyth »

TomUnessa wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:33 pm
Tom Smyth wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:21 pm

It is great to finally get the discussion back on the game. That one guy arguing with himself pretending to be from either school with different usernames was comical for a while but it got old. So hopefully BW/RBH will stop with the shitttalk with himself and let people discuss the game.
Agree 💯. It’s a awesome rivalry with 2 schools whose name, history, and record speaks alot for southern ohio football. I respect both teams and nothing wrong with some smack talk between some great passionate fans on both sides. I wish both teams a injury free game and nothing but the best. I would love to see a week 1 dogfight between these 2. I really enjoyed last years game and both defenses really stepped up. Hopefully they see each other again on down the road.
Yep. It’s two teams from the area that are known and respected state wide. I’ve watched both play in dozens of playoff games and state championship games. The rivalry is great for this part of the state.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Good luck coach W!! From Devil country. Matchup of the Best two programs in SEO hands down. And the best 2 coaches.

Mr Shifty
Riding the Bench

Post by Mr Shifty »

Had you told me this last year I would have never believed it! 4 days before the big game and the Tigers are definitely the underdog?! Rumor has it the Fighting Tigers coaching staff are becoming increasingly anxious about this game by the day. The Burg has nothing to lose as everyone expects them to lose it. Everyone but the team and staff at Wheelersburg.

What, besides being the perennial powerhouse the Pirates are would have the staff at Ironton reaching for the Pepto? There is a real chance that Ironton could go into week five with a 1 & 3 record! This would cause them to finish a low seed and on the road week 11. Perhaps the whole season is on the table for the Tigers already?

Burg proved a couple of years back that what happens in this game will not affect them in the postseason. Can Ironton make the same boast?

Old Shorts
Freshman Team

Post by Old Shorts »

Mr Shifty wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:56 am Had you told me this last year I would have never believed it! 4 days before the big game and the Tigers are definitely the underdog?! Rumor has it the Fighting Tigers coaching staff are becoming increasingly anxious about this game by the day. The Burg has nothing to lose as everyone expects them to lose it. Everyone but the team and staff at Wheelersburg.

What, besides being the perennial powerhouse the Pirates are would have the staff at Ironton reaching for the Pepto? There is a real chance that Ironton could go into week five with a 1 & 3 record! This would cause them to finish a low seed and on the road week 11. Perhaps the whole season is on the table for the Tigers already?

Burg proved a couple of years back that what happens in this game will not affect them in the postseason. Can Ironton make the same boast?
Do you think it’s a must win for Penderson if he wants to stay at Ironton or more importantly if he wants to parlay the Ironton job into a better job/deal?

"Rocking a pair of 1985 gray coaching shorts that are now yellow in the front and brown in the back" :D
artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

Senile

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Mr Shifty wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:56 am Had you told me this last year I would have never believed it! 4 days before the big game and the Tigers are definitely the underdog?! Rumor has it the Fighting Tigers coaching staff are becoming increasingly anxious about this game by the day. The Burg has nothing to lose as everyone expects them to lose it. Everyone but the team and staff at Wheelersburg.

You can ALWAYS tell when some old yeehaw from seo is trying to troll cause it comes out soundin sooooo corny ONLY they could think it sounds good enough to press post. 🌽👈😂

a_c_m
SEOPS H

Post by a_c_m »

What time do the gates open Friday?

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Ironton lost 8 starters from last years team. Definitely still a lot of uncertainty with this team. I would give the edge at QB,WRs and OL/DL to the Tigers and Burg has the edge at RB, LBs and DBs because of experience. A lot of pressure will be on both QBs. The burg young QB will be making his first start at the Tank in front of 7k+ fans. I think both teams will improve throughout the year with players gaining experience and coaches moving players around, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a rematch in the playoffs. Tiger 21-10

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Bfan99 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:59 pm Ironton lost 8 starters from last years team. Definitely still a lot of uncertainty with this team. I would give the edge at QB,WRs and OL/DL to the Tigers and Burg has the edge at RB, LBs and DBs because of experience. A lot of pressure will be on both QBs. The burg young QB will be making his first start at the Tank in front of 7k+ fans. I think both teams will improve throughout the year with players gaining experience and coaches moving players around, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a rematch in the playoffs. Tiger 21-10
That sounds about right with Burg losing by a couple of scores; IHS at home, first start for Burg sophomore QB, and IHS with the better line. Burg D will keep them close but I think the O will struggle.

Excited to see how this season progresses for Burg and the young QB.

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

The Eyes of a FighTing Tiger will Be way too much for The boys quaintly accessorizing with a one eyed Patch & only able to see in single dimension.

#GoTgo

GetTheBall
GetTheBall
GetTheBall
GetTheBall
GetTheBall

GoTigersGo!!!

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Blow harder 💨💨💨💨
Burg could also start the season 0-3
Its a great rivalry and anything could happen!
I hope its a injury free game and since Burg has the “superior” coaching staff they should be the favorite huh?
Some of you all just cant stand what Coach Pendleton has accomplished so far at Ironton. I think its great and the kids absolutely love him. He has brought Ironton football back 💯

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:08 am

Blow harder 💨💨💨💨
I hope its a injury free game and since Burg has the “superior” coaching staff they should be the favorite huh?
Some of you all just cant stand what Coach Pendleton has accomplished so far at Ironton. I think its great and the kids absolutely love him. He has brought Ironton football back 💯
lil burg has taken steps back as Ironton has taken steps forward. That reality stings for #lilsis 🍭

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

RBH23 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 8:50 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 7:59 pm Ironton lost 8 starters from last years team. Definitely still a lot of uncertainty with this team. I would give the edge at QB,WRs and OL/DL to the Tigers and Burg has the edge at RB, LBs and DBs because of experience. A lot of pressure will be on both QBs. The burg young QB will be making his first start at the Tank in front of 7k+ fans. I think both teams will improve throughout the year with players gaining experience and coaches moving players around, I wouldn’t be surprised to see a rematch in the playoffs. Tiger 21-10
That sounds about right with Burg losing by a couple of scores; IHS at home, first start for Burg sophomore QB, and IHS with the better line. Burg D will keep them close but I think the O will struggle.

Irontons QB will make plays with his legs. That will be the difference in this game. He will keep the chains moving. Burg’s defense will wear down the 2nd half. I think Ironton has too many weapons. If Ironton scores 21+ I dont think Burg can keep up

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

Itll be a competitive contest. Week 1 it comes down to execution in the moment. 💯

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:11 am

Blow harder 💨💨💨💨
lil burg has taken steps back as Ironton has taken steps forward. That reality stings for #lilsis 🍭
Its a hard Pilldleton for them to swallow 🤣

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:12 am

Irontons QB will make plays with his legs. That will be the difference in this game. He will keep the chains moving. Burg’s defense will wear down the 2nd half. I think Ironton has too many weapons. If Ironton scores 21+ I dont think Burg can keep up
Execution. All about execution in the moment. That will decide things.

BTWNTHE__
Varsity

Post by BTWNTHE__ »

BigSpoon wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:13 am
BTWNTHE__ wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:11 am

Blow harder 💨💨💨💨
Its a hard Pilldleton for them to swallow 🤣
lil sis ain't no stranger to swallowin things. 🍭😂

Return to “Football”