August 17, 2023 Waterford 20 - 0 Alexander

pioneer19
All Conference

August 17, 2023 Waterford 20 - 0 Alexander

Post by pioneer19 »

Thursday night game to kickoff the season in Washington County. TVC Ohio vs TVC Hocking. Wildcats probably the favorites? On paper, seems like it could be a pretty good matchup. Thoughts on this one?

Appreciation
Waterboy

Re: Week 1: Alexander @ Waterford

Post by Appreciation »

How about radio coverage, anyone know? Awesome that it will be on a Thursday and would love to listen on the radio.

Arnie
Waterboy

Post by Arnie »

Unfortunately Alexander will be battling more than just Waterford. Probably down a touchdown or two before they step off the bus.

Howard Cosell
All Conference

Post by Howard Cosell »

pioneer19 wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 7:51 pm Thursday night game to kickoff the season in Washington County. TVC Ohio vs TVC Hocking. Wildcats probably the favorites? On paper, seems like it could be a pretty good matchup. Thoughts on this one?
Word in the street is that even though they aren’t off the bus yet, Alexander is already down by 14 points.

This is Howard Cosell. Tellin' it like it is!
Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Arnie wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:34 am Unfortunately Alexander will be battling more than just Waterford. Probably down a touchdown or two before they step off the bus.
I can confirm this. Glad to be getting back out on the old gridiron this fall. I even found a ref shirt with green stripes instead of black. Thought that might be a more appropriate outfit for the game.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Appreciation wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:02 pm How about radio coverage, anyone know? Awesome that it will be on a Thursday and would love to listen on the radio.
My best guess would be WJAW if an Athens County station isn't covering it. I know they usually do some Waterford games.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Farmer Yoder wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 8:40 am
Arnie wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 7:34 am Unfortunately Alexander will be battling more than just Waterford. Probably down a touchdown or two before they step off the bus.
I can confirm this. Glad to be getting back out on the old gridiron this fall. I even found a ref shirt with green stripes instead of black. Thought that might be a more appropriate outfit for the game.
Waterford-Alexander is a pick'em game this week. Can't have another member of this site reffing and altering the outcome of the game. Could be a pretty serious scandal.

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

And why not? Maybe you guys can put a point spread on the game and I can try to hit it.

pioneer19
All Conference

Post by pioneer19 »

Farmer Yoder wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:40 pm And why not? Maybe you guys can put a point spread on the game and I can try to hit it.
That would ruin the integrity of the pick'em. Planning to be there Thursday night, so I'm glad you got that new green striped uniform. I'll know which ref to chase down after the game if there is any funny business.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Good luck to the Spartans in week 1!

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

pioneer19 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:55 pm
Farmer Yoder wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:40 pm And why not? Maybe you guys can put a point spread on the game and I can try to hit it.
That would ruin the integrity of the pick'em. Planning to be there Thursday night, so I'm glad you got that new green striped uniform. I'll know which ref to chase down after the game if there is any funny business.
I have a new hip and a new knee. If I could just get a new wiener I would be set.

Bottom line. You can’t catch me.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Eastern beat up on Alexander. We’ll see what Waterford does with them. But since it’s at Waterford they’re already up by 14 and we’re four days out. Hard to tell what it will be by game time.

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Appreciation
Waterboy

Post by Appreciation »

pioneer19 wrote: Sun Aug 13, 2023 6:28 pm
Appreciation wrote: Sat Aug 12, 2023 11:02 pm How about radio coverage, anyone know? Awesome that it will be on a Thursday and would love to listen on the radio.
My best guess would be WJAW if an Athens County station isn't covering it. I know they usually do some Waterford games.
Thank you. I couldn't find an Athens County station covering so I'll look into WJAW.

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Great job Waterford beating up on the Ohio for the Hocking and building up those playoff points for us. :mrgreen:

Hurting the feelings of the nadless wonders who are afraid to comment before the games.
Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:18 pm Great job Waterford beating up on the Ohio for the Hocking and building up those playoff points for us. :mrgreen:
How many playoff points did you get last year 🤔

thirtyonetrap
Varsity

Post by thirtyonetrap »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 6:20 pm
thirtyonetrap wrote: Fri Aug 18, 2023 5:18 pm Great job Waterford beating up on the Ohio for the Hocking and building up those playoff points for us. :mrgreen:
How many playoff points did you get last year 🤔
Living in the past huh. I don’t blame you. It’s gonna be painful for you this year. But I’m glad you dropped Williamstown and picked up feeble Alexander so you could get us those points. :mrgreen:

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Mission accomplished. I kept it close to make it look good but made sure you guys got the points you needed when you needed them. Thanks for the pregame envelope. It was thick. Let me know when you need my help again.

Buckeye2021
Freshman Team

Post by Buckeye2021 »

Farmer Yoder wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:38 am Mission accomplished. I kept it close to make it look good but made sure you guys got the points you needed when you needed them. Thanks for the pregame envelope. It was thick. Let me know when you need my help again.
If your on the take You suck 100yds of penalties and 2 tds called back lol

Farmer Yoder
Freshman Team

Post by Farmer Yoder »

Buckeye2021 wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 9:07 am
Farmer Yoder wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 8:38 am Mission accomplished. I kept it close to make it look good but made sure you guys got the points you needed when you needed them. Thanks for the pregame envelope. It was thick. Let me know when you need my help again.
If your on the take You suck 100yds of penalties and 2 tds called back lol
Like I said, had to keep it close. Can’t have Alexander ducking the cats in the futurr

Return to “Football”