Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

eagle25
JV Team

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhere.

Post by eagle25 »

mustard wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:12 pm
eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:49 pm
mustard wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:46 pm

makes zero sense :lol:
Well, I should say it makes sense if they wanted to keep him from leaving.
i gotcha. :lol:

if pendlelton wants to run around the cobbled brick streets of ironton on his golf cart..get free haircuts... and talk about the strategies and upcoming season with all the glory day fellas as they pick up his beer tab for the rest of his life, then he should stay..

but if he wants to coach at a high level he's gonna go, matter of time. that's why he applied at moeller
He hasn’t earned the nickname “Sly” for nothing. So I can see everything you said coming to fruition.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:45 pm
ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:37 pm

He was offered the job, don’t let the haters tell you otherwise. Ironton had a Board meeting and did what they had to do to keep him at Ironton. Ask big Moe, he still thinks Moeller will get him away from Ironton, but it’s not happening. To those that thinks he wants to Coach at the next level, maybe not. He’s going to be at Ironton for a long time. Remember Coach Lutz, he had a chance to Coach at the next level, look what he did.
Got ya. Makes sense then why the Ironton board ponied up.
To your point about Moeller football…

Their last head coach they hired, who just resigned, was head coach of Eastern Kentucky university before coming to Moeller.

Moeller has only had 8 head coaches, ever! And the coaches they hire tend to have big high school experience and/or even college experience. They also like to hire those from the area; connections to the catholic feeder schools, know the local communities, etc. Recruiting is serious business with these private schools, so knowing the area is extremely important.

Plus, you better be catholic!

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:18 pm
eagle25 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 1:45 pm

Got ya. Makes sense then why the Ironton board ponied up.
To your point about Moeller football…

Their last head coach they hired, who just resigned, was head coach of Eastern Kentucky university before coming to Moeller.

Moeller has only had 8 head coaches, ever! And the coaches they hire tend to have big high school experience and/or even college experience. They also like to hire those from the area; connections to the catholic feeder schools, know the local communities, etc. Recruiting is serious business with these private schools, so knowing the area is extremely important.

Plus, you better be catholic!
So, Sly doesn’t fit the bill then is what you are saying?

artisgilmore
Varsity

Re: Hopefully Coach Pendleton isn’t going anywhe

Post by artisgilmore »

From what I hear,he was offered.Didnt need to apply.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

artisgilmore wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:57 pm From what I hear,he was offered.Didnt need to apply.
Bingo

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

artisgilmore wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:57 pm From what I hear,he was offered.Didnt need to apply.
LOL!!!

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

RBH23 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 11:47 pm
LOL!!!
Same. Said they didn’t even advertise the position until he decided if he wanted it or not. So, did he turn them down before he met with the Ironton board, or after?

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

if pendlelton wants to run around the cobbled brick streets of ironton on his golf cart..get free haircuts... and talk about the strategies and upcoming season with all the glory day fellas as they pick up his beer tab for the rest of his life, then he should stay..

but if he wants to coach at a high level he's gonna go, matter of time. that's why he applied at moeller
This is flat out wrong.

Our streets are not cobbled brick, they are more giant potholes with chunks of pavement between them.
Last edited by TigerBob on Sat Feb 25, 2023 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

TigerBob wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:32 am

This is flat out wrong.

Out streets are not cobbled brick, they are more giant potholes with chunks of pavement between them.
😂

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

eagle25 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:33 am
LOL!!!
Same. Said they didn’t even advertise the position until he decided if he wanted it or not. So, did he turn them down before he met with the Ironton board, or after?
Bingo, they offered it to him before they advertised it. Some people on here (the haters) think they know it all lol.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:41 am

LOL!!!
Bingo, they offered it to him before they advertised it. Some people on here (the haters) think they know it all lol.
So.., you’re saying he never applied? No application process? He must have a ton of contacts there in moeller.

They just called hIm up
And said you got the job

Then told Ironton and they said no. We will give you more money?

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

From what I heard. Pendelton and Moeller ex coach Were very close. I think he may have recruited Pendelton when he was in school. I was told the ex coach created a small list of guys he would like to see take over the program and Pendelton was at the top. I like many Ironton fans do believe there was legs here. I’m not sure what’s changed. But I do think the Ironton School Board has been working for a long time to get him to a full-time administration position so I do believe this has been in the works far longer than the Moeller job rumors. I think the School Board got word of what was going on and it spread around town and the last board meeting was standing room only in the cafeteria in support of Pendelton from what I was told.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

School like Moeller ain’t offering anything unless they already know the answer.

Nobody here doubting there was interest from Moeller. But interest from Moeller vs. turning down an actual offer from Moeller are two very different things.*

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

art_vandelay wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:32 am School like Moeller ain’t offering anything unless they already know the answer.

Nobody here doubting there was interest from Moeller. But interest from Moeller vs. turning down an actual offer from Moeller are two very different things.*
Exactly!!!

Moeller absolutely interviewed him. He was considered. But he did not make the list of finalists. This is 100% true.

As for those on here claiming Moeller made an offer because their current coach liked Pendleton have no idea how Moeller works. No way would that ever happen. Moeller has a Director of Football operations, an athletic director, a board of trustees…. Lots and lots of layers that would make this decision. The ex-head coach is just one person in a long chain.

This is MOELLER! There are important relationships, connections, etc that Pendleton wouldn’t have here. He might be a big name in SEO, but to most in the football community in Cincy/Northern Kentucky, he’s completely unknown.

Here is the message I received from someone who would know:

“…Pendleton made a smart move to say he was offered the job so to get his AD position and $$ cause he was NOT a finalist for the Moe gig”

sgtwilliamjames
Riding the Bench

Post by sgtwilliamjames »

Just curious…

Is Pendleton a certified teacher/admin, or is he outside of regular contract rules and such.

It would be great if he were. We could keep him forever as long as we raise enough coin

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

His degree isn’t in education. Doubt he’s a teacher, but maybe he has some sort of special licensure.

eagle25
JV Team

Post by eagle25 »

RBH23 wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:31 am
art_vandelay wrote: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:32 am School like Moeller ain’t offering anything unless they already know the answer.

Exactly!!!

Moeller absolutely interviewed him. He was considered. But he did not make the list of finalists. This is 100% true.

As for those on here claiming Moeller made an offer because their current coach liked Pendleton have no idea how Moeller works. No way would that ever happen. Moeller has a Director of Football operations, an athletic director, a board of trustees…. Lots and lots of layers that would make this decision. The ex-head coach is just one person in a long chain.

This is MOELLER! There are important relationships, connections, etc that Pendleton wouldn’t have here. He might be a big name in SEO, but to most in the football community in Cincy/Northern Kentucky, he’s completely unknown.

Here is the message I received from someone who would know:

“…Pendleton made a smart move to say he was offered the job so to get his AD position and $$ cause he was NOT a finalist for the Moe gig”
Hence, the nickname “Sly.” Works for the staying under the radar with recruiting too.

Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

LOL!!!
He hasnt officially declined the offer yet.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
Lets Go Big Moe!
Riding the Bench

Post by Lets Go Big Moe! »

You arent exactly accurate here. We develop a short list of coaches we like. From this area there were 2. We offered the better coach and we are now putting together a package to trump the one offered by his school.

LET'S GO BIG MOE! #CRUSADERPRIDE!513-791-1680
farmer
SEOP

Post by farmer »

Lets Go Big Moe! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:15 am

You arent exactly accurate here. We develop a short list of coaches we like. From this area there were 2. We offered the better coach and we are now putting together a package to trump the one offered by his school.
Are you saying Trump is the new coach?

Return to “Football”