Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

ACCBiggz
JV Team

Re: Ironton vs South Range - D5 State Championship

Post by ACCBiggz »

Should be around 21-21 or something, but instead turnovers, miscues, and penalties have them down by 18. They can still win this, but they need to be a lot more composed. Perkins' penalty was just the highlight of why they are down, nonsense play in a state title game. Inexcusable.

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

25 rush yards in the first half for Ironton l…

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Aarden77
Waterboy

Post by Aarden77 »

That TD called back was a killer. Penalties due to lack of composure and frustration are selfish team killers

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

If Ironton is losing the los on O and D then it may be a long bus ride home. They can score quickly so it isn't over, yet.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Aarden77 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:07 pm That TD called back was a killer. Penalties due to lack of composure and frustration are selfish team killers
Crappy part about the 2 big penalties is the fact it came from your top player and typically most controlled in Perkins, wondering if the pressure and overall 1st half just got to him.

Ump
Freshman Team

Post by Ump »

goUK wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:55 am
mt1fan wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:53 am Having no composure when facing adversity this late in the season in inexcusable.
steroids can have that effect

Or a reflection of the coaching staff.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

3sUp wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:45 am
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:33 am Is the girl kicker for Ironton the first girl to score a point in a Championship game?!
No, they mentioned it earlier in the game. I think they said she was the 3rd.

Ok. Thanks

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:11 pm
Aarden77 wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:07 pm That TD called back was a killer. Penalties due to lack of composure and frustration are selfish team killers
Crappy part about the 2 big penalties is the fact it came from your top player and typically most controlled in Perkins, wondering if the pressure and overall 1st half just got to him.
The block in the back seemed like a mental miscue but the facemask pull out of bounds seemed personal as hell lol Seems like him and that player have been having some words. Very odd coming from him cause like you mentioned he seems like the most controlled and level headed but we all get a little hot headed at times.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

Gotta get a TO or two and some stops!! Penalties and TOs been a killer. SR passing game is on point to say the least. Let’s go Tigers!

bbjunky81
SEO

Post by bbjunky81 »

Yeh, both were very silly.

Watching SE Ohio basketball
greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:18 pm
The block in the back seemed like a mental miscue but the facemask pull out of bounds seemed personal as hell lol Seems like him and that player have been having some words. Very odd coming from him cause like you mentioned he seems like the most controlled and level headed but we all get a little hot headed at times.
Possible you seen he knew it as soon as he done it and went to help the young man up but it was just too late at that point. I think what looked really bad was he tried to grab is shoulder pads or jersey to start and then went straight for the facemask. He had the drop earlier and a couple penalties they'll need him to bounce back to have a shot.
Last edited by greygoose on Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ItownFootball
Waterboy

Post by ItownFootball »

After watching the first half of this game I can't help but think what this game would look like if Portsmouth West was in the championship. They have the best-run defense in southern Ohio and a 4-star corner/ safety in Noah Rickards who was injured during the contest against Ironton. Mitchell Irwin had an eye infection the last time they played Ironton which is he played bad. This game is an absolute monstrosity and The "Ironton Fighting Tigers" aka, random kids from across the country are failing right now. wtf is going on with these D1 kids?

ItownFootball
Waterboy

Post by ItownFootball »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:16 am How was that a fumble??? I thought a false start was a dead ball penalty!!
It was a fumble because he is juco talent at best.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

ItownFootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:21 pm After watching the first half of this game I can't help but think what this game would look like if Portsmouth West was in the championship. They have the best-run defense in southern Ohio and a 4-star corner/ safety in Noah Rickards who was injured during the contest against Ironton. Mitchell Irwin had an eye infection the last time they played Ironton which is he played bad. This game is an absolute monstrosity and The "Ironton Fighting Tigers" aka, random kids from across the country are failing right now. wtf is going on with these D1 kids?
Not the time, nor any idea of what you're talking about, West had their shot they couldn't beat Ironton, nor would they have beat HP or VV.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Rushing in the 1st half
SR--110
I--25

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

ItownFootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:23 pm
yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 11:16 am How was that a fumble??? I thought a false start was a dead ball penalty!!
It was a fumble because he is juco talent at best.
C'mon man. The numerous D1 offers say otherwise.*

ItownFootball
Waterboy

Post by ItownFootball »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:24 pm
ItownFootball wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:21 pm After watching the first half of this game I can't help but think what this game would look like if Portsmouth West was in the championship. They have the best-run defense in southern Ohio and a 4-star corner/ safety in Noah Rickards who was injured during the contest against Ironton. Mitchell Irwin had an eye infection the last time they played Ironton which is he played bad. This game is an absolute monstrosity and The "Ironton Fighting Tigers" aka, random kids from across the country are failing right now. wtf is going on with these D1 kids?
Not the time, nor any idea of what you're talking about, West had their shot they couldn't beat Ironton, nor would they have beat HP or VV.
During halftime I was in the locker room, I am very disappointed in my peers. and Mr. Pendleton who came and coached while having the flu.

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

greygoose wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:26 pm Rushing in the 1st half
SR--110
I--25
That's huge! Perhaps Ironton is getting bullied at the LOS. Im not watching so I don't have eyes on

Pol pot
SE

Post by Pol pot »

No on the kicker. She is the 3rd or fourth
Last edited by Pol pot on Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sonny Weaver
Varsity

Post by Sonny Weaver »

Too worried about where they’ll play ball next season

Return to “Football”