Region Chip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Re: Region Chip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Wed Nov 16, 2022 11:17 pm Football is a game of matchups

Still not sold on Ironton, especially with their inability to consistently run the football

HP may not have a run defense as good at Portsmouth West. But HP will have the athletes to pressure the quarterback and probably at least compete in the secondary 1 on 1. Look for HP to try that. Press coverage and bring the pressure. That will bother Ironton
No one wanted to listen but that’s going to be huge! HPs Dline will get pressure all night. I’ve been leaning towards IHS just hiding the running game till they actually need to use it and not put it on film. That’s the only thing that makes since to me with the backs they have unless they aren’t healthy I don’t know. It baffles me.

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:01 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:46 pm Just heard the Ironton team has been battling the flu for the last couple of days, atleast 10+ kids really sick including key starters. Definitely the season of sickness, I’m sure alot of teams is dealing with it
That’s probably not true if it was I’m sure no one would know.
It’s true no reason to hide the information it’s not like HP will game plan any different, I’m not saying kids won’t be playing just the flu has hit the team really hard this week

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

Bfan99 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:42 pm
Bfan99 wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 4:46 pm Just heard the Ironton team has been battling the flu for the last couple of days, atleast 10+ kids really sick including key starters. Definitely the season of sickness, I’m sure alot of teams is dealing with it
It’s true no reason to hide the information it’s not like HP will game plan any different, I’m not saying kids won’t be playing just the flu has hit the team really hard this week
So what’s the point of talking about it then to create a narrative of if they win they were so gutsy or an excuse if they take a L. I’m not buying what your selling 😂

LongTime
Waterboy

Post by LongTime »

Great game - I going to lean heavy Harvest Prep. 31--7

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

HumbleAndHungry wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:06 pm

So what’s the point of talking about it then to create a narrative of if they win they were so gutsy or an excuse if they take a L. I’m not buying what your selling 😂

The "L" part 😂

joeshmo
Waterboy

Post by joeshmo »

Flu or no flu there will be no excuses for tomorrow night, ironton has plenty of depth. Fighting Tigers 28-13

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Maybe no excuses but possibly a reason?

Someone said we have three kids with the Bubonic Plague, two with Leprosy, one with rickets and another with scurvy

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!
Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

Regular season SoS for the 8 teams left in D5 out of 107:
Perry--2nd
Ironton--4th
Valley View--6th
South Range--11th
Harvest Prep--17th
Liberty Center--36th
Elmwood--60th
Milton-Union--73rd

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Re: Reghip #2 13-0 Harvest Prep vs. #1 13-0 Ironton

Post by VetteMan »

Not having seen that much of Harvest Prep, I'm not sure that I could really give an honest opinion. No doubt they ar e very good and would not be 13-0 and still be playing at this stage of the season if they weren't very good. Do they rely on their offense being very explosive, or is their defense the reason they are 13-0, or could it possibly be both? I have seen Ironton a few times this year, and it seems as if all anyone wants to talk about is the fact that they throw the ball too much, and really wonder whether they are lacking in being able to run the ball. If I didn't know better I'd think I was reading about the Buckeyes. I wonder if it might be possible that just maybe people might be underestimating the Tigers defense. I know for a fact that the Tigers have a couple of outstanding linebackers. I think it will be a great game, and hope that both teams have an injury free game.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

VetteMan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:52 pm Not having seen that much of Harvest Prep, I'm not sure that I could really give an honest opinion. No doubt they ar e very good and would not be 13-0 and still be playing at this stage of the season if they weren't very good. Do they rely on their offense being very explosive, or is their defense the reason they are 13-0, or could it possibly be both? I have seen Ironton a few times this year, and it seems as if all anyone wants to talk about is the fact that they throw the ball too much, and really wonder whether they are lacking in being able to run the ball. If I didn't know better I'd think I was reading about the Buckeyes. I wonder if it might be possible that just maybe people might be underestimating the Tigers defense. I know for a fact that the Tigers have a couple of outstanding linebackers. I think it will be a great game, and hope that both teams have an injury free game.
The best way I could describe prep would be street football. They aren’t going to try to out scheme you, they are just going to let their athletes make plays. Defensively they get to the ball quick. And surprisingly physical. One of the defensive lineman is a stud. 17 I think. Play man coverage. And are great against the run. Not sure the pass because burg isn’t set up that way so Ironton may be able to strike there.

Offensively the line is average. Again nothing fancy. Run wildcat. QB gets ball out quick. Not super accurate but he’s very mobile in the pocket. And he’s very fast. They will make mistakes on offense. How many mistakes might make the difference in this game.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

wobycat wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:03 pm
VetteMan wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 9:52 pm Not having seen that much of Harvest Prep, I'm not sure that I could really give an honest opinion. No doubt they ar e very good and would not be 13-0 and still be playing at this stage of the season if they weren't very good. Do they rely on their offense being very explosive, or is their defense the reason they are 13-0, or could it possibly be both? I have seen Ironton a few times this year, and it seems as if all anyone wants to talk about is the fact that they throw the ball too much, and really wonder whether they are lacking in being able to run the ball. If I didn't know better I'd think I was reading about the Buckeyes. I wonder if it might be possible that just maybe people might be underestimating the Tigers defense. I know for a fact that the Tigers have a couple of outstanding linebackers. I think it will be a great game, and hope that both teams have an injury free game.
The best way I could describe prep would be street football. They aren’t going to try to out scheme you, they are just going to let their athletes make plays. Defensively they get to the ball quick. And surprisingly physical. One of the defensive lineman is a stud. 17 I think. Play man coverage. And are great against the run. Not sure the pass because burg isn’t set up that way so Ironton may be able to strike there.

Offensively the line is average. Again nothing fancy. Run wildcat. QB gets ball out quick. Not super accurate but he’s very mobile in the pocket. And he’s very fast. They will make mistakes on offense. How many mistakes might make the difference in this game.
Thanks wobycat.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Pinwheel wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:57 pm

The "L" part 😂
You know about the "L" part, you have a big "L" stamped on your forehead :lol:

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

frankie wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:37 pm

The "L" part 😂
You should know about the "L" part, you have a big "L" stamped on your forehead :lol:

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

frankie wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:37 pm

The "L" part 😂
You know about the "L" part, you have a big "L" stamped on your forehead :lol:

Says the guy with the big "D" on his head 😂

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

LongTime wrote: Thu Nov 17, 2022 7:53 pm Great game - I going to lean heavy Harvest Prep. 31--7
They couldn’t even score that many on Burg

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

Preps PAT is terrible…

Bfan99
Freshman Team

Post by Bfan99 »

BigSpoon wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:16 am https://youtu.be/pzSdXdTcaC4
Wow this is a “Christian” school? The big coach in the pregame speech dropped some pretty big profanities. Calling Burg Bast***s and then saying they run their God****n mouth to much!? Then you have multiple kids dropping F bombs throughout the game. Go checkout the school’s website, noway school officials condone this behavior.

Cowboy22
Riding the Bench

Post by Cowboy22 »

Is there a live stream for this game. If not what's the radio website. Thanks in advance.

kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Bfan99 wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:12 am
BigSpoon wrote: Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:16 am https://youtu.be/pzSdXdTcaC4
Wow this is a “Christian” school? The big coach in the pregame speech dropped some pretty big profanities. Calling Burg Bast***s and then saying they run their God****n mouth to much!? Then you have multiple kids dropping F bombs throughout the game. Go checkout the school’s website, noway school officials condone this behavior.
I seen the one video, who produced it, I cannot say. Whether its by just a fan or someone at the school but its starts with rap music that repeatedly uses the 'N Word'. I was shocked as this sure doesn't match up. Check it out, horrible!!!! Then you hear one guy say (about Burg) "F$&% those N-word'

Tigers take em down! take em down for The Burg too!!

https://youtu.be/pzSdXdTcaC4

Well, Who Wouldn't Love Them Fighting Tigers?!

Return to “Football”