JV Team

Re: #2 Canal Winchester Harvest Prep -V- # 1IronTon

Post by REDMEN95 »

GOOD LUCK TIGERS!!

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

I like Preps chances in this one. I'll take Prep by 10 and it should be played in Chillicothe great venue plenty of room but Waverly could also be in the mix

Burg grad 85
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

Locations?
It is 1 hour and 43 minute drive to Portsmouth from Canal Winchester HP
It is 55 minutes to Chillicothe from HP, 1 hour 12 minutes from Ironton
It's 1 hour and 18 minutes to Jackson from HP
If Jackson would host it would be worth the extra 20 minutes

Wouldn't surprise me terribly if OHSAA schedules the game at Portsmouth. I do believe it was the largest crowd I've ever seen in Portsmouth last night. Far more adults who paid 10 bucks than students. OSHAA made a killing off that game!

Some people keep on bringing up Waverly stadium. I looked it up. Their stadium only seats 2600. If I pay $10 for a seat, i expect to have a seat

Otto
JV Team

Post by Otto »

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:08 pm Locations?

Wouldn't surprise me terribly if OHSAA schedules the game at Portsmouth. I do believe it was the largest crowd I've ever seen in Portsmouth last night. Far more adults who paid 10 bucks than students. OSHAA made a killing off that game!

Some people keep on bringing up Waverly stadium. I looked it up. Their stadium only seats 2600. If I pay $10 for a seat, i expect to have a seat
Honestly, Waverly is not the greatest when it comes to seating. If you want a seat, get there AT LEAST an hour before the game starts. Last time I went there for a playoff game, I got there 20 mins before and had to stand at the fence near the endzone.

If what they say about Harvest Prep not bringing many fans is true, you might have a better chance if you are willing to sit on the HP side.

coachK
JV Team

Post by coachK »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:09 pm
TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:04 pm I’m hoping Waverly to make Yabba’s head explode, but OHSAA does like to keep those potential neutral sites happy and this may be Jackson’s only shot at hosting this year.

I’ll bet on Chillicothe.
Yeah because that would be bullshit if it’s played at Waverly. :D :D

That’s okay. Because the OH$AA are such idiots it cost them some money tonight because older Burg fans it sounds like didn’t make the trip to Nelsonville but probably would have made it to Waverly.

A medical emergency kept me from making it to NY but I could have made it to Waverly. Serves them right.
Bet the ohsaa will survive with out your ticket money.

algernonsidney
Waterboy

Post by algernonsidney »

I will gladly root against Harvest Prep, considering all their shenanigans.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

You will have a seat in Waverly HP only brings around 50 to 75 fans there will be plenty of seats Ironton will be on the home side so plenty of seating but I think chillicothe is the best venue by far especially if your planning on going out to eat before game cause way more to choose from in chilli Jackson doesn't have much to choose from

Burg grad 85
SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

Best of luck to the Tigers!

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
kantucky
Varsity

Post by kantucky »

wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:09 am
TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:00 am Sounds to me like you set those edges and load the box otherwise, daring them to throw. Or you play base and live with the 5-7 yard carries and force them to go 12-14 plays without making a mistake to score.

Ironton’s low key weakness all year has been running the ball. Sounded like Wheelersburg had some success there, but that’s their strength, so not sure that means Ironton will find the same success. I think Ironton can pass against anybody, but will have to give Carpenter time. He’s athletic enough, but in this game he’s not running away from anybody.

Funny to think in this game of athletes all over the field from both teams that Ironton’s girls basketball point guard could be the difference. But stuff a few 2 point tries and a 3 touchdown vs. 3 touchdown game could be won 21-20.
Burg did have some success running the ball early but prep brought more in the box. Their run defense is better than one would think because of their speed.

I think Ironton struggles with the deep ball against prep but I think they can find something in the zone area. If Ironton QB can have time, he will be able to hit that second read but another receiver will have to step up. Can’t just be Perkins.
Its no secret that our ground game isn't strong. I was told that not one player rushed for a hundred yards this year in a game(?). However, Carpenter is for sure one of the best QBs I've ever seen at Ironton. His ability to find a receiver while running for his life is fun to watch. Last night he threw to 7 different receivers. For sure, Perkins is a favorite target and understandably so but the more they key on him, the more other targets will open up.

Keyes really stepped up his game last night on both sides of the ball. I personally thought it was his best effort of the year. Would love to see him come back out Friday and do it all over again like last night

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

smurray wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 11:36 pm Ironton HS to Waverly Downtown Athletic Facilty - 57 minutes (1 hr 18 minutes to Chillicothe)
Harvest Prep to Waverly Downtown Athletic Facility - 1 hr 7 minutes (55 minutes to Chillicothe Stadium)

Travel time is a wash... but Waverly would be closer to equal.
Plenty of parking at Waverly and easier to get in and out of right on Rt 23..

Try out the new Brass Monkey
Waverly to small, Ironton had 5,000 people at Portsmouth last night ,Mr. Shady has a big following

Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

Why you leave out the travel time to Portsmouth from Ironton? Bunch of crybaby thinking you deserve a home game 😂

HumbleAndHungry
Freshman Team

Post by HumbleAndHungry »

Pinwheel wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:58 pm

Why you leave out the travel time to Portsmouth from Ironton? Bunch of crybaby thinking you deserve a home game 😂
Nice lil 30 min trip 😂

Mc1196
Riding the Bench

Post by Mc1196 »

Trollcat1 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:23 pm
TigerBob wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:04 pm I’m hoping Waverly to make Yabba’s head explode, but OHSAA does like to keep those potential neutral sites happy and this may be Jackson’s only shot at hosting this year.

I’ll bet on Chillicothe.

That’s okay. Because the OH$AA are such idiots it cost them some money tonight because older Burg fans it sounds like didn’t make the trip to Nelsonville but probably would have made it to Waverly.

A medical emergency kept me from making it to NY but I could have made it to Waverly. Serves them right.
Yea burg fans sure stuck it to em by handing their own kids a sparse crowd. 😂 "superior community" 🤡🤡😂
This guy makes no sense this is about football grow up

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

kantucky wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 2:05 pm
wobycat wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:09 am
TigerBob wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 11:00 am Sounds to me like you set those edges and load the box otherwise, daring them to throw. Or you play base and live with the 5-7 yard carries and force them to go 12-14 plays without making a mistake to score.

Ironton’s low key weakness all year has been running the ball. Sounded like Wheelersburg had some success there, but that’s their strength, so not sure that means Ironton will find the same success. I think Ironton can pass against anybody, but will have to give Carpenter time. He’s athletic enough, but in this game he’s not running away from anybody.

Funny to think in this game of athletes all over the field from both teams that Ironton’s girls basketball point guard could be the difference. But stuff a few 2 point tries and a 3 touchdown vs. 3 touchdown game could be won 21-20.
Burg did have some success running the ball early but prep brought more in the box. Their run defense is better than one would think because of their speed.

I think Ironton struggles with the deep ball against prep but I think they can find something in the zone area. If Ironton QB can have time, he will be able to hit that second read but another receiver will have to step up. Can’t just be Perkins.
Its no secret that our ground game isn't strong. I was told that not one player rushed for a hundred yards this year in a game(?). However, Carpenter is for sure one of the best QBs I've ever seen at Ironton. His ability to find a receiver while running for his life is fun to watch. Last night he threw to 7 different receivers. For sure, Perkins is a favorite target and understandably so but the more they key on him, the more other targets will open up.

Keyes really stepped up his game last night on both sides of the ball. I personally thought it was his best effort of the year. Would love to see him come back out Friday and do it all over again like last night

The only difference with Carpenter throwing the ball against HP is the windows will close a lot quicker against the WR's then against any team Ironton has played all year. HP recovers really quick. Burg had open receivers last night but HP closed the gap and knocked the ball down. Short passes that move the sticks might be the answer. Not sure Burg threw in the middle right off of the line or ran a screen pass play all night. That might be the answer.

Should be a heck of a game. Number 1 vs number 2 usually means a great game. Hard to imagine how many people would have been at that game if it had been Burg-Ironton. I remember the year Portsmouth and Ironton played at OU in Athens because of the crowd. The place was pretty packed.

yabbadabbadoo
SEOP

Post by yabbadabbadoo »

coachK wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:26 pm

I’ll bet on Chillicothe.

Yeah, mine and a bunch of other fans because of there stupidity.

BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI
Freshman Team

Post by BIGDADDYFRMCINNATI »

yabbadabbadoo wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:08 pm
coachK wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 1:26 pm

Yeah, mine and a bunch of other fans because of there stupidity.
Oh, the irony!!! :lol: :shock: :lol:

Givin' it to ya straight 100%, Your BIG DADDY FROM CINCINNATI!
Ray Finkle
Waterboy

Post by Ray Finkle »

Prep will need to play a clean game if they want to win.
It didn’t help that they had to slug it out, while Ironton cruised to another easy win.
I’d prefer to see Prep move on, but I think it will be Ironton by 10.
Big boy pants on for everyone now in DV.

Bleeding Red
SEOPS

Post by Bleeding Red »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:38 pm I like Preps chances in this one. I'll take Prep by 10 and it should be played in Chillicothe great venue plenty of room but Waverly could also be in the mix
So you like HP, who just barely squeaked by your Pirates, after Ironton just shredded West, who just beat your Pirates a couple weeks ago?

Sounds rational. Not.

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

Going to be a dandy game for regional championship. Athletes everywhere for both teams. Go Tigers

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Bleeding Red wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 5:35 pm
scott1297 wrote: Sat Nov 12, 2022 12:38 pm I like Preps chances in this one. I'll take Prep by 10 and it should be played in Chillicothe great venue plenty of room but Waverly could also be in the mix
So you like HP, who just barely squeaked by your Pirates, after Ironton just shredded West, who just beat your Pirates a couple weeks ago?

Sounds rational. Not.
It’s very rational. Burg was able to get two touchdowns off of two prep turnovers. One at goal line and one a scoop and score. Burg almost took advantage of it but couldn’t pull it off. But there’s a reason why they are undefeated. They soundly beat bloom Carroll who hasn’t been challenged yet as they will be playing for a regional themselves. They are talented and it will take a big Game from Ironton to win it.

Return to “Football”