Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

bbjunky81
SEO

Re: Round 3- #5. Portsmouth West (11-1) Vs # 1. Ironton (12-0)

Post by bbjunky81 »

mustard wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:00 pm
XandOs wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:54 am
mustard wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:51 am

Geez. I could coach those rosters bro. He should be winning. How many teams have one d1 let alone 3? Plus a go zillion transfers. I’d be ashamed if he didn’t win. I mean how hard do you have to game plan, when all you have to do is say run pitch right to carrico. Lol
Same type of kids were at Ironton before and they weren’t going D1. Coach Lutz sent the occasional. I’ve heard some of you even say it’s the recruiting guys. Well don’t they represent kids from other schools in area as well. Doesn’t seem to be working for those kids. Wonder what the secret formula is? 😉
:lol:

Secret Formular

1. Blow up social Media
2. Talk to kids at other schools
3. Go to their basketball games
4. Have a 247 recruiter on staff
5. have head coach be the AD
6. Find apartments for kids to live in
7. Embellish Preferred walk on

I don't know much about lutz, other than I heard he did the same thing, only on the down low. :lol: :lol:
I like to think I'm a neutral observer / see both sides.... but come on ya'll this is one is pretty funny :lol: :lol:

Watching SE Ohio basketball
LockHerUp
Freshman Team

Post by LockHerUp »

I don't know what Pendleton does behind the scenes. But, I can assure you that Lutz didn't actively recruit. If kids moved/transferred in, he was good with it. But, he didn't play an active role in it.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

MrPerfect wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:04 pm I heard today about another key loss for West due to injury.
Prayers for the young man. The mountain just keeps getting steeper and steeper for West.
That’s not good. Hate to not be able to play in a playoff game especially if you’re a senior

Southeast_Fan
Waterboy

Post by Southeast_Fan »

Will the game be live-streamed?

clevelandbrowns#1
Varsity

Post by clevelandbrowns#1 »

What is wrong with some of you? How many of you know Coach Pendleton personally? Some of you are just cry babies, jealous people, former coaches who lost your job, lose to Ironton over and over. How about all the summer days that he is working younger kids out for FREE, parents bringing their kids there because they don't have money to send them to camps. Bringing them to Ironton because he shows the hard work and dedication to improving the skills of all kids no matter what school they attend. Don't knock him because he is a WINNER and he is working harder then your coach. If that is recruiting then why isn't your coach putting in those extra FREE hours? who doesn't want to play for a winner? Who doesn't want to play for a school who has won how many OVC championships? Who doesn't want to play for a coaching staff that has been to state finals the last few years?? Who doesn't want to play for a coach who has Div. 1 connections?

If he is recruiting and doing all these illegal things why hasn't he been suspended by OHSAA, fired?? You all know why--because you all are full of jealousy because he is kicking your son's rear end and the school he plays for. I'm also amazed at how when some of the people on here complaining, crying, etc... call it recruiting by Ironton but call it transfers when talking about the players that come to their school from others. Talking about the pot calling the kettle black----Grow up!!! Just maybe you are mad because you aren't getting those so called RECRUITS (transfers) coming to your team.

I know him personally and he has worked his tail off to get where he is. He is a winner and has been at every level.

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:43 pm What is wrong with some of you? How many of you know Coach Pendleton personally? Some of you are just cry babies, jealous people, former coaches who lost your job, lose to Ironton over and over. How about all the summer days that he is working younger kids out for FREE, parents bringing their kids there because they don't have money to send them to camps. Bringing them to Ironton because he shows the hard work and dedication to improving the skills of all kids no matter what school they attend. Don't knock him because he is a WINNER and he is working harder then your coach. If that is recruiting then why isn't your coach putting in those extra FREE hours? who doesn't want to play for a winner? Who doesn't want to play for a school who has won how many OVC championships? Who doesn't want to play for a coaching staff that has been to state finals the last few years?? Who doesn't want to play for a coach who has Div. 1 connections?

If he is recruiting and doing all these illegal things why hasn't he been suspended by OHSAA, fired?? You all know why--because you all are full of jealousy because he is kicking your son's rear end and the school he plays for. I'm also amazed at how when some of the people on here complaining, crying, etc... call it recruiting by Ironton but call it transfers when talking about the players that come to their school from others. Talking about the pot calling the kettle black----Grow up!!! Just maybe you are mad because you aren't getting those so called RECRUITS (transfers) coming to your team.

I know him personally and he has worked his tail off to get where he is. He is a winner and has been at every level.
Great Post Dad! His winning has nothing to do with transfers. :roll:

Who has the better Roster, Ohio State or Indiana? You've got to have talent bro. I'm in favor of the transfers, recruiting, but don't call out other coaches like they are slouches and don't put the work in. Far from the truth. Pendleton is out their tyring to get kids to come to from northwest to huntington. he's talking to a bunch of them, probably indirectly but he's talking to them. Geez your whole first paragraph was a recruiting statement.

Burg and Ashland both have won a state title in the last 5 years. How's come they ain't getting kids in?

Oh that's right, the other coaches ain't putting their time in and getting d1 connections. :?

fielddaddy
JV Team

Post by fielddaddy »

mustard wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:16 pm
clevelandbrowns#1 wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 12:43 pm What is wrong with some of you? How many of you know Coach Pendleton personally? Some of you are just cry babies, jealous people, former coaches who lost your job, lose to Ironton over and over. How about all the summer days that he is working younger kids out for FREE, parents bringing their kids there because they don't have money to send them to camps. Bringing them to Ironton because he shows the hard work and dedication to improving the skills of all kids no matter what school they attend. Don't knock him because he is a WINNER and he is working harder then your coach. If that is recruiting then why isn't your coach putting in those extra FREE hours? who doesn't want to play for a winner? Who doesn't want to play for a school who has won how many OVC championships? Who doesn't want to play for a coaching staff that has been to state finals the last few years?? Who doesn't want to play for a coach who has Div. 1 connections?

Who has the better Roster, Ohio State or Indiana? You've got to have talent bro. I'm in favor of the transfers, recruiting, but don't call out other coaches like they are slouches and don't put the work in. Far from the truth. Pendleton is out their tyring to get kids to come to from northwest to huntington. he's talking to a bunch of them, probably indirectly but he's talking to them. Geez your whole first paragraph was a recruiting statement.

Burg and Ashland both have won a state title in the last 5 years. How's come they ain't getting kids in?

Oh that's right, the other coaches ain't putting their time in and getting d1 connections. :?
Bring to prove mustard bring transcripts photos witnesses not just talk.
Pendleton does do a lot in the summer for the kids he brings in coaches from major college programs to speak to kids and other area coaches.
Yes there is a few area coaches that can't stand Ironton that is a problem they need to overcome.
As far as kids transferring in great let them they still have to earn their way to play it's not given.
As far as recruiting I am sure he has been investigated over and over by the state and yet nothing.
This week Ironton focuses on a very good Portsmouth West team.
And I expect West to give them a fight and it will be tight till half Ironton will make adjustments and depth will start setting in.
Irontons Linebackers are machines it seems and their young D-Line has improved by leaps and bounds .
Secondary struggled early in the year but is playing better.
The offense speaks for it's self the passing game is incredible and the rushing game is waiting to explode.
Good Luck to Ironton and may both teams come out healthy

mustard
Varsity

Post by mustard »

fielddaddy wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:00 pm
mustard wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 1:16 pm

Bring to prove mustard bring transcripts photos witnesses not just talk.
Pendleton does do a lot in the summer for the kids he brings in coaches from major college programs to speak to kids and other area coaches.
Yes there is a few area coaches that can't stand Ironton that is a problem they need to overcome.
As far as kids transferring in great let them they still have to earn their way to play it's not given.
As far as recruiting I am sure he has been investigated over and over by the state and yet nothing.
This week Ironton focuses on a very good Portsmouth West team.
And I expect West to give them a fight and it will be tight till half Ironton will make adjustments and depth will start setting in.
Irontons Linebackers are machines it seems and their young D-Line has improved by leaps and bounds .
Secondary struggled early in the year but is playing better.
The offense speaks for it's self the passing game is incredible and the rushing game is waiting to explode.
Good Luck to Ironton and may both teams come out healthy
Over 20 players from other high schools hoss in the past 4 seasons. All legit transfers. 😂

Hey west. Don’t show up. Everything Ironton does is amazing and on the up and up. You have no shot.

SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

MrPerfect wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 8:04 pm I heard today about another key loss for West due to injury.
Prayers for the young man. The mountain just keeps getting steeper and steeper for West.
I know I just hate it for him! He is huge loss on both sides of the ball. We have to depend on the next man up! I’m really excited for tomorrow and Win or lose it’s been great season. #CAGEdemTIGERS

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

This games is over by the half. Hide and watch. Ironton by 35

Volunteer
Riding the Bench

Post by Volunteer »

Southeast_Fan wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 9:46 am Will the game be live-streamed?
Ohsaa.tv

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

TigerTooth wrote: Mon Nov 07, 2022 12:20 pm Tigers overlook Senators, go into game expecting to walk all over PW. Then the unexpected happens.
Nope!!

Phase 4 up!

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

#GoTgo

SiderSam
Waterboy

Post by SiderSam »

I really hope that Ironton comes in Cocky and looking ahead, Which I really think they will. This West team has their backs against the wall, but are not to be underestimated because they can be really good! It ultimately comes down to who executes better and wants it more tomorrow! I think a lot of people will be surprised with the outcome!
Last edited by SiderSam on Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

🟠⬛️WESTSIDE🟠⬛️
callie15
Varsity

Post by callie15 »

In older days transfers were turncoats. Despised.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

SiderSam wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:15 pm I really hope that Ironton comes in Cocky and looking ahead, Which I really think they will. This West team has their backs against the wall, but are not to be underestimated because they can be really good! It ultimately comes down to who executes better and wants it more tomorrow! I think a lot of people will be surprised with the outcome!
Ironton isn’t overlooking West. I think Pendelton put extra emphasis on this game and is taking it a little bit personal. Ironton will be ready to play tomorrow night and prove to everyone who the toughest program is.

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SiderSam wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:15 pm I really hope that Ironton comes in Cocky and looking ahead, Which I really think they will. This West team has their backs against the wall, but are not to be underestimated because they can be really good! It ultimately comes down to who executes better and wants it more tomorrow! I think a lot of people will be surprised with the outcome!
I don't think Ironton will be looking ahead as Pendleton a West grad that knows how hard-nosed and tough these West kids are. I think Ironton shows up tomorrow night dialed-in. West will keep it close for awhile, but Ironton's athletes too much. Ironton wins 20-7.*

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

It’s good to see his people get on here and defend him.
Go Tigers

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

XandOs wrote: Thu Nov 10, 2022 5:59 pm
Ironton isn’t overlooking West. I think Pendelton put extra emphasis on this game and is taking it a little bit personal. Ironton will be ready to play tomorrow night and prove to everyone who the toughest program is.
It’s good to see his people get on here and defend him. There is not that many that do.
Go Tigers

irontonwizard
Freshman Team

Post by irontonwizard »

About 24 hours away till the Fighting Tigers invade the Coliseum.

Return to “Football”