Barnsville 31 - 55 Wheelersburg 2022 Playoffs

Sportsfan32
Waterboy

Re: Barnsville 31 - 55 Wheelersburg 2022 Playoffs

Post by Sportsfan32 »

Great thing about the playoffs is it's survive and advance. Definitely wasn't Burg's best game of the year but getting the win is all that matters. Another week of practice and film to get better for Harvest Prep. Go Burg!

Whether Hell freezes over or pigs learn to fly, I'll be a Wheelersburg Pirate till the day I die
522Pirate
Varsity

Re: Round 2 Wheelersburg @ Barnesville

Post by 522Pirate »

Proud_Pirate63 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:24 pm What was the personal foul against the Barnesville lineman toward the end of the game? Camera on the stream didn’t catch it but the announcers said the kid was ejected. Hate to see a season/career end that way.
The consensus in the stands was that he punched #50 but I’m not certain.

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Sportsfan32 wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 10:50 pm Great thing about the playoffs is it's survive and advance. Definitely wasn't Burg's best game of the year but getting the win is all that matters. Another week of practice and film to get better for Harvest Prep. Go Burg!
I’d be happy to survive and advance like this all the way to the end. Down 3 at half and out score your opponent 34-7 in the second half. I’ll take it all day. Great win tonight Pirates!! Now on to Prep.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Pirates on the victory over Barnsville. Onward to the Regional Semifinals.

packers80
SE

Post by packers80 »

Good job BURG

Every day is a holiday and every meal is a feast
wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Burg had two slips defending on two passing touchdowns I believe in first half. Made some nice halftime adjustments. This probably could of been over earlier but Barnesville did some good things offensively to make it interesting. Cool place to watch a football game. Very community oriented. Their senior group was probably one that’s been good through the years together. Last night reminded me of the good old days.

Burg_Grad_77
SEOPS HO

Re: Round 2 Wheelersburg @ Barnesville

Post by Burg_Grad_77 »

thepirateindian wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 9:35 pm Wow great game by Latimore he ran like a truck! Also wanted to say the announcers did a great job! I really liked the FREE broadcast versus our cheap asses charging $10 a game.
Did you see the home stands at the first playoff game? It was probably only half full if you had sat them all together. Worst first round attendance I believe I've ever seen at the Burg. Since it became available during covid to watch them on the computer the attendance has dropped quite a bit so they charge to compensate for the loss. Plus, they received no money from ticket sales, only concessions. Instead of doing $10 per game, do the $50 for the entire year to watch every broadcast sport.

"Welcome back my friends to the show that never ends"

Return to “Football”