Unioto 0 - 38 Clinton-Massie 2022 Playoffs

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Re: Unioto 0 - 38 Clinton-Massie 2022 Playoffs

Post by soggybottomtopper »

I hear all the talk, but Unioto will never compete with Massie. Massie is not the program that you want to try cutting teeth with. As long as McSurley is at Massie, they will just be bigger, more physical and stronger as a program. Massie plays for state championships. That is what they are about!

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Unioto had a heck of a year! Unfortunately they had to go up against a power house program in Clinton Massie!

Unioto will never leave the Svc nor should they. Like said on here before Unioto is a d4 school but rarely has D4 numbers when it comes to football Enrollment. The Svc even though it doesn’t always stack up or compete when it comes to the powerhouse teams in the state, it’s still a pretty fun conference with a lot of tradition.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

One thing that really stands out to me about Unioto and it’s definitely on the coaching staff is the lack of team Discipline. They had multiple personal fouls against ZT and CM. Not sure about the rest of the season but that’s the two games I watched them play. Those plays really hurt them against Zt. CM it didn’t matter much but it still looks bad. It’s one things to get a personal foul playing hard and making football “plays” it’s another arguing with refs which is what I seen happening.

Ed Ott
Varsity

Post by Ed Ott »

Svcguru wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:31 pm One thing that really stands out to me about Unioto and it’s definitely on the coaching staff is the lack of team Discipline. They had multiple personal fouls against ZT and CM. Not sure about the rest of the season but that’s the two games I watched them play. Those plays really hurt them against Zt. CM it didn’t matter much but it still looks bad. It’s one things to get a personal foul playing hard and making football “plays” it’s another arguing with refs which is what I seen happening.
Well that’s about all he does in basketball so I’d guess they get it from him.

Ironmen44
JV Team

Post by Ironmen44 »

Doesn’t Clinton Massie run one of those offenses that everyone says can’t win anymore ???

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Svcguru wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 5:31 pm One thing that really stands out to me about Unioto and it’s definitely on the coaching staff is the lack of team Discipline. They had multiple personal fouls against ZT and CM. Not sure about the rest of the season but that’s the two games I watched them play. Those plays really hurt them against Zt. CM it didn’t matter much but it still looks bad. It’s one things to get a personal foul playing hard and making football “plays” it’s another arguing with refs which is what I seen happening.
Yeah the coach allows it and the way he handles himself on the sideline he basically promotes it. Spoke with one of their assistants during halftime on his walk back up to the press box and I told him I thought you said a certain player, not naming it, was good for a couple 15 yarders. His response don't worry he'll at least get him one for his behavior, I think he ended up getting 1 or 2 in the second half for cheap shots. That was just in the 1 game I seen of Unioto heard same thing from multiple coaches, one in particular said they were going to try and push some buttons to draw penalties.
Last edited by greygoose on Mon Oct 31, 2022 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

ManInBlack
Riding the Bench

Post by ManInBlack »

Ironmen44 wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 8:22 pm Doesn’t Clinton Massie run one of those offenses that everyone says can’t win anymore ???
They run almost all their plays out of the wish bone

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:18 pm
Yeah the coach allows it and the way he handles himself on the sideline he basically promotes it. Spoke with one of their assistants during halftime on his walk back up to the press box and I told him I thought you said a certain player, not naming it, was good for a couple 15 yarders. His response don't worry he'll at least get him one for his behavior, I think he ended up getting 1 or 2 in the second half for cheap shots. That was just in the 1 game I seen of Unioto heard same thing from multiple coaches, one in particular said they were going to try and push some buttons to draw penalties.
They do discipline some players but the issue is that it’s only “some” players. Like some kids will be out for the rest of the game after a personal foul but his son gets 1-2 a game and goes right back in. Hard for any kid to take that seriously.

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

I have heard a few folks say that Hoops was kinda a hot head as a player himself. Makes sense that his sons are acting like that too then.

Unioto will be fine. They had the worse draw in all the state. All that "this is not your typical Massie team" was such BS. You ran into a buzzsaw of a program. Schedule up a little, and they will be fine.
Regardless of discipline Hoops seems to win at whatever he is coaching.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

GeneralCarpenter wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 9:38 am
greygoose wrote: Sun Oct 30, 2022 9:18 pm
They do discipline some players but the issue is that it’s only “some” players. Like some kids will be out for the rest of the game after a personal foul but his son gets 1-2 a game and goes right back in. Hard for any kid to take that seriously.
Correct and his boy was the player I referred to, Hopps is an idiot on the sidelines no discipline for himself so it’s easy to see where players learn it.

Return to “Football”