River 49 - 6 Miller 2022 Playoffs

Papster
Waterboy

Re: Playoffs Miller @ River

Post by Papster »

Not certain what point you are attempting to make. The reality is in this region there is NC, then River/ Caldwell, then Waterford/ Eastern. The remaining eleven teams are not worthy of playing a playoff game. Simply stated there are three bad football teams who will be playing in the second round of playoffs where they will likely get their butt kicked by 20+ points.

formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Papster wrote: Thu Oct 27, 2022 8:46 pm Not certain what point you are attempting to make. The reality is in this region there is NC…………. then River/ Caldwell, then Waterford/ Eastern. The remaining eleven teams are not worthy of playing a playoff game. Simply stated there are three bad football teams who will be playing in the second round of playoffs where they will likely get their butt kicked by 20+ points.
Fixed your post for you.

Older bird
Freshman Team

Post by Older bird »

Ok. Ive heard enough and now have to pipe in. To all u all that think they know, you do not. Does Miller at 3-7 deserve to make playoffs. Well, yes because top 16 get n. Whether u agree or not that’s who gets n top 16. Will Miller win tonight, probably not, I’m just being honest. But what u don’t know is last night Miller had a pep rally at a local church, they had playoff shirts printed and it is bring some support of a community that hasn’t really had any. If they can have some hope for few days, let them. U never know tjat this could lead to experience and maybe a few more wins in next few years tnen they be n position for all u negative people to think they belong.

*D1*
Freshman Team

Post by *D1* »

Older bird wrote: Fri Oct 28, 2022 2:28 pm Ok. Ive heard enough and now have to pipe in. To all u all that think they know, you do not. Does Miller at 3-7 deserve to make playoffs. Well, yes because top 16 get n. Whether u agree or not that’s who gets n top 16. Will Miller win tonight, probably not, I’m just being honest. But what u don’t know is last night Miller had a pep rally at a local church, they had playoff shirts printed and it is bring some support of a community that hasn’t really had any. If they can have some hope for few days, let them. U never know tjat this could lead to experience and maybe a few more wins in next few years tnen they be n position for all u negative people to think they belong.
Who cares what people think. Some say Meigs shouldn’t be in either. Those people don’t have a say and they don’t matter. Use it to build for the future. One more game for your players. Have fun with it.

I know, I was D1 fellas
OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

As someone who’s been affiliated with River for nearly two decades and on the other end of this deserving not deserving deal. Who cares, let these schools who aren’t use to week 11 have their moment. Is it much of an accomplishment to be in the playoffs now? No I don’t think so but it shouldn’t take away the feeling of deserving to be there. After tonight will that thought change? Maybe lol.

Papster
Waterboy

Post by Papster »

River up 34 - 0 after the first quarter. If so inclined they could have hung a 100 on Miller. The final of 49-6 was a merciful outcome for Miller. As I have stated previously they do not deserve to be be in the playoffs. They are not alone as this applies to at a minimum 80 teams. Older bird you can have a pep rally and print T- shirts it doesn’t mean you belong in the playoffs. OvGuy I am a River grad and we will have to agree to disagree this game benefited no one. Pilots will win decisively next well, win a close matchup with Caldwell the following week and then lose by 14+ to NC.

fortdawg
All Conference

Post by fortdawg »

I'm still having trouble with the "not deserving to be in the playoffs."
NC is legit but let's look at the other 3 in the top 4.
Caldwell has beaten 2 teams, Doah and Conotton Valley with a winning record and both were 6-4.
River has beaten 1 team, (Doah) with a winning record.
Eastern didn't beat a team with a winning record.
I'm glad they are all in but a strong argument could be made that they aren't "deserving" anymore than Miller.

mattash
Site Admin

Re: River 49 - 6 Miller 2022 Playoffs

Post by mattash »

River 49 - 6 Miller

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Papster
Waterboy

Re: River 49 - 6 Miller 2022 Playoffs

Post by Papster »

Fort dog, it really is not that difficult to understand. River played the schedule that was laid out for them. They defeated one D3 school by 30 and one by 20. Their only loss was to a D5 Barnesville who is 11-0. They pummeled a team that beat you 70-0. They had one other close game (won by 10) the remaining wins were by 30+. That is called dominating your opponents. Deal with it. Miller in the playoffs was a bad joke and nothing you can write will change that. Move on.

Return to “Football”