Is a Change needed at Chesapeake?

Lonesome Polecat
Freshman Team

Re: Is a Change needed at Chesapeake?

Post by Lonesome Polecat »

peake71 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:56 am Yes a change is needed at the PEAKE. The talent level may be down for The Peake. Check his record at The Peake and at Rock Hill, not very good.
One problem I see is they keep running the same old offense they have for years and teams in the OVC know this and read just about every play.
I am not a parent who is concerned about their sons playing time, but a graduate and long time booster that is looking for change.
Post your resume'. maybe you are what they are looking for.

94dragons
Waterboy

Post by 94dragons »

pmow3 wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 10:23 pm Not making excuses. Just wishing there were good games in the area every weekend at more places than there are the way it is.

I like seeing good games between schools of equal size.

Chesapeake is 50 boys short in grades 10-12 of Ironton. Not to mention recruits.
Over 100 boys short in grades 10-12 of Gallia
And I’m sure Fairland is 60 to 80 kids bigger in grades 10-12.

All I was hoping to see was for Chesapeake to do what’s best for themselves instead of doing what’s best for Ironton and Fairland.

No big deal tho.
Maybe you’re right. Maybe they need to just suck it up and learn how to get better.
I believe you numbers are way off.

Here is the link to the 2022 Football enrollment and competitive balance numbers for all schools.

https://www.ohsaa.org/Sports-Tournament ... tball-2022

Chesapeake is a DV school and it is not that much smaller than Ironton, Portsmouth or Fairland who are also DV. Even if they got in a conference with smaller schools they would have to play the "Bigger Schools" if they made the playoffs.

School Enrollment CB# CB Enrollment
Peake 164 5 169
Ironton 177 24 201
Fairland 185 6 191
Portsmouth 171 11 182
Gallia 223 2 225
South Point 163 0 163
Rock Hill 148 2 150
Coal Grove 131 14 145

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

Yes. My numbers are off for sure.

When you add in transfers, it’s a bit more. But not as much as I posted. I apologize.
Still my hope is that something changes and they can merge the 2 conferences in some way. A few in the SOC really need it. For Football only.
It won’t happen. But I wish it would.

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

They already play 4 games a season against D6 and D7 teams.
If they switched out a Portsmouth and Gallia and Ironton
For Oak Hill Valley and Northwest, it wouldn’t be a schedule down as much as it would be a (get away from the teams who are taking your players from you). But maybe it’s not as big a problem as I suspect.

Maybe Chesapeake just needs to step up. You guys that live there would know better than me.

RShifko
Riding the Bench

Post by RShifko »

Chesapeake is in a hard spot. They were a small team up front and their skilled guys didn’t overwhelm the OVC schedule so it makes it hard to move the ball or be competitive when you are unable to sustain drives

pmow3
Varsity

Post by pmow3 »

There has to be a reason they were willing to vote to leave the OVC.

They were one of 4 wanting out.

JChipwood
All Conference

Post by JChipwood »

School Enrollment CB# CB Enrollment
Peake 164 5 169
Ironton 177 24 201
Fairland 185 6 191
Portsmouth 171 11 182
Gallia 223 2 225
South Point 163 0 163
Rock Hill 148 2 150
Coal Grove 131 14 145

Kirtland 137
Wheelersburg 176.

Gallia is the only team in the OVC with a size advantage over Peake large enough to even be considered an advantage. I will agree that open enrollment has created issues given the proximity to schools with winning reputations. Not being smart but need to work on building a winning reputation. That purple pride is rich in the graduates. Develop that pride in the youth program and have a better chance of seeing those kids in purple on Friday nights.

82nd
Freshman Team

Post by 82nd »

kinda hard to succeed when you are getting plucked

eagle one
Freshman Team

Post by eagle one »

peake71 wrote: Wed Oct 26, 2022 9:56 am Yes a change is needed at the PEAKE. The talent level may be down for The Peake. Check his record at The Peake and at Rock Hill, not very good.
One problem I see is they keep running the same old offense they have for years and teams in the OVC know this and read just about every play.
I am not a parent who is concerned about their sons playing time, but a graduate and long time booster that is looking for change.
i have been asking for years why this guy keeps getting head coaching gigs? he has no track record to speak of to get head jobs

bigdogtaz
Waterboy

Post by bigdogtaz »

Eagle one good point even with talented teams Knipp underachieved he is a game manager not a coach going to or joining a smaller conference will not achieve anything other than false hope until a school can find a Coach that builds a program that kids want to be part of and parents let him do his job success will be slim

Return to “Football”