Post by footballfan123 »

Waverly- 28
Minford- 24

smurray
SEOPS HO

Re: WK9 Minford - Waverly

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:09 pm
Waverlyintheday wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 3:32 pm Is there any truth that Waverly is talking about joining the FAC league. I for one hope not but have herd it one to many times lately.
I haven't heard any talks on this and honestly I'm not sure there's any benefit for Waverly to join FAC. We would be adding to our drive times across the board, Waverly and Jackson used to play every year and haven't for quite sometime now. I also think with Crabtree's future up in the air right now I don't see that move being made.
Would not be a good move. Chillicothe (355), Miami Trace (334), Jackson (277), Hillsboro (273), Washington CH (272) all bigger schools. They are all D3 in football. McClain (227) is the only one close to Waverly (240).

But, Waverly is just concerned about beating Minford Friday night...

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Waverly takes this game by two scores

DcP3407
Riding the Bench

Post by DcP3407 »

I wouldn't be surprised if Minford pulls it out. Pica is the best player on the field, but I'm not sure that will be enough. Waverly 42 - Minford 36

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

DcP3407 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 1:18 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Minford pulls it out. Pica is the best player on the field, but I'm not sure that will be enough. Waverly 42 - Minford 36
I think Waverly can score 42 - they did against West. The question will be Waverly's defense slowing down Pica and not allowing the QB to hurt em.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

be nice to see our d backs only have to look to guard the pass and not worry about making a bunch of tackles this week since the d Line and backers never seem to get it done.
I hope We throw quick hitters and Get Hurd going good and get the ball to number 2 more I don't think they can guard him. Roll qb out and let him know its ok to run the ball when wide open. Like to see Q run the ball at beginning of game to wear there d out then put Jayce in
Tigers by as many as couch Knight wants to open it up

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

Jase Hurd is 2nd leading rusher in SOC
Mason Kelly is #1 passing in all SOC
Hudson Kelly is #3 receiving and only 18 yards from 2nd
Our offense is very good now get the ball in playmakers hands and go get these guys all up to #1 in SOC by end of year Hurd little over 100 yards to be 1 and so is Hudson. Mason is only leading by 1 yard over west qb
good luck boys I hope you lock this up and receive first team all SOC , district, and maybe something with state all of them work hard and deserve it.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Post by Waverlyintheday »

baller wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:10 pm Jase Hurd is 2nd leading rusher in SOC
Mason Kelly is #1 passing in all SOC
Hudson Kelly is #3 receiving and only 18 yards from 2nd
Our offense is very good now get the ball in playmakers hands and go get these guys all up to #1 in SOC by end of year Hurd little over 100 yards to be 1 and so is Hudson. Mason is only leading by 1 yard over west qb
good luck boys I hope you lock this up and receive first team all SOC , district, and maybe something with state all of them work hard and deserve it.
Did not realize they where this high up. I for one would love to see them get up there and be 1 across the board.
Go get it boys. Well deserved, Hard work does pay off.

MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Hopefully this is a good game. I don't think they will, but you have to wonder if Waverly will come out with little motivation just with how this season has turned out to this point. They are playing to have a .500 season which will hopefully get them out of that 16 spot in the playoffs rankings. Which I'm not sure that will happen even if they win out, anyone with better understanding of how points are broke down have better insight on that? Minford as well I'm sure is eyeballing their playoff position as well, they want to stay away from that 15-16 spot at all costs I would imagine.

Waverly needs to establish their run early and get Hurd rolling in the first quarter, can't have consecutive 3 and outs to start the game. I think Minford will be able to move the ball on Waverly at some point, just don't think their defense is good enough to give up points and Minford with pica and the young QB can make plays. So Waverly's offense has to keep them within reach and not let that hole get to big in the first half.

Waverly needs some of their seniors (like Crabtree, Clifford, Kelly and Harris) to start the game and make plays early to get those younger guys to rally around them and show them they still have something to play for.

Also, wish they would give Q. Hurd a few carries here and there. He's hard to bring down and gives a different style of back at the D. I think he should be where Harris is when they go I-formation.

Blitz
Varsity

Post by Blitz »

Coin flip game...... Minford by a FG

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

As a past Linebacker myself I know it would get old real quick having Q running the ball and delivering blows. No reason he doesn't get some carries but I think we need to come out like we did against valley and throw the ball. Put them on there heels and then hit them with Hurd boys. But I for one think Jake has been doing a good job balancing them for the most part. If anything runs to much at times for me, or I should say runs up middle to much get Hurd some space.
Tigers with big win

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:27 pm Hopefully this is a good game. I don't think they will, but you have to wonder if Waverly will come out with little motivation just with how this season has turned out to this point. They are playing to have a .500 season which will hopefully get them out of that 16 spot in the playoffs rankings. Which I'm not sure that will happen even if they win out, anyone with better understanding of how points are broke down have better insight on that? Minford as well I'm sure is eyeballing their playoff position as well, they want to stay away from that 15-16 spot at all costs I would imagine.

Waverly needs to establish their run early and get Hurd rolling in the first quarter, can't have consecutive 3 and outs to start the game. I think Minford will be able to move the ball on Waverly at some point, just don't think their defense is good enough to give up points and Minford with pica and the young QB can make plays. So Waverly's offense has to keep them within reach and not let that hole get to big in the first half.

Waverly needs some of their seniors (like Crabtree, Clifford, Kelly and Harris) to start the game and make plays early to get those younger guys to rally around them and show them they still have something to play for.

Also, wish they would give Q. Hurd a few carries here and there. He's hard to bring down and gives a different style of back at the D. I think he should be where Harris is when they go I-formation.
Very tough to gauge where we will end up seeding wise, all dependent on who beats who. Regardless going 5-5 and making the playoffs is something we shouldn’t scoff at, it gets young guys extra practices and continues the expectation of chasing greatness

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
MasterOfNone
All Conference

Post by MasterOfNone »

Jeaux Burreaux wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 3:26 pm
MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 2:27 pm Hopefully this is a good game. I don't think they will, but you have to wonder if Waverly will come out with little motivation just with how this season has turned out to this point. They are playing to have a .500 season which will hopefully get them out of that 16 spot in the playoffs rankings. Which I'm not sure that will happen even if they win out, anyone with better understanding of how points are broke down have better insight on that? Minford as well I'm sure is eyeballing their playoff position as well, they want to stay away from that 15-16 spot at all costs I would imagine.

Very tough to gauge where we will end up seeding wise, all dependent on who beats who. Regardless going 5-5 and making the playoffs is something we shouldn’t scoff at, it gets young guys extra practices and continues the expectation of chasing greatness
Definitely wasn’t scoffing at going 5-5 and being in the playoffs. With Waverly’s schedule and with what they had coming back off of last years team, they should not be ashamed of their record to this point. Very few teams in this area have the guts to have a non conference schedule like the Tigers had this year. They still have a lot to play for at this point, but I was only saying that hopefully they don’t feel like all is lost, and by they I mean the players. These are still teenagers and I’m sure it is not easy to be in the grind for this long and coming up short at times. Now I still think Crabtree will get these guys focused and ready to roll and they have some good senior leaders on the team, so I don’t expect a non motivated group tomorrow night.

vladimir
S

Post by vladimir »

Minford can win this game. Minford usually lays an egg vs Waverly, but I think the Falcons are going to come out swinging in this game and keep Waverly on their heels.

The best things in life: To Crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their women!- Conan the Barbarian
Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Don’t be shocked in this one if waverly’s defense really steps up. Basically it’ll be similar to last year total focus on Pica and they’ll dare them to have the young QB beat them. If Waverlys offense puts the pressure on Minford to score I don’t think they can keep up.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

If Waverly can beat Minford and Oak Hill looking at the teams around them those guys have some tough games. At 5-5 Waverly could find itself anywhere from 11-14 is my guess

Jeaux Burreaux
Varsity

Post by Jeaux Burreaux »

MasterOfNone wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 4:15 pm

Definitely wasn’t scoffing at going 5-5 and being in the playoffs. With Waverly’s schedule and with what they had coming back off of last years team, they should not be ashamed of their record to this point. Very few teams in this area have the guts to have a non conference schedule like the Tigers had this year. They still have a lot to play for at this point, but I was only saying that hopefully they don’t feel like all is lost, and by they I mean the players. These are still teenagers and I’m sure it is not easy to be in the grind for this long and coming up short at times. Now I still think Crabtree will get these guys focused and ready to roll and they have some good senior leaders on the team, so I don’t expect a non motivated group tomorrow night.
The foundation for next season is being set in these final weeks I sure hope the seniors can finish it out strong i know it’s not what they were wanting it to go but a trip to the playoffs is still a nice achievement, heck this entire senior class has been to the playoffs all 4 years I can recall when we barely made it, while we did schedule a tougher nonconf that is only helping us improve our program. Playing against better teams to better ourselves

2019 Heisman Trophy Winner, 2019 National Champion
Nicknevada86
Varsity

Post by Nicknevada86 »

2 of top backs in area. Both juniors I think. Pica and Hurd

smurray
SEOPS HO

Post by smurray »

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:21 pm

If Waverly can beat Minford and Oak Hill looking at the teams around them those guys have some tough games. At 5-5 Waverly could find itself anywhere from 11-14 is my guess
Winning out the Tigers should move up a couple spots, maybe 3 or 4.
Should Unioto stay at #2 I’d like to see Waverly at 15 and get a rematch.

Tigernation2021
Varsity

smurray wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 10:12 pm
Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 5:21 pm

Winning out the Tigers should move up a couple spots, maybe 3 or 4.
Should Unioto stay at #2 I’d like to see Waverly at 15 and get a rematch.
Yeah after Friday night everything will be much clearer, a loss we're done, a win we could end up anywhere from Chillicothe to Dayton to Cincinnati area just no telling. A lot of teams around us and just above play some tough games, and we've got one ourselves Friday I look for this team to come out fired up

Return to “Football”