Post by mattash »

Who you guys got?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Rolltanks
All Conference

Re: 2022 SVC Player of the Year front runners

Post by Rolltanks »

70 from Huntington gets my vote he was the best player I have seen so far.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:18 pm 70 from Huntington gets my vote he was the best player I have seen so far.
He’s definitely good (possible lineman off the year good) but no way is a lineman from Huntington that is 4-4 and will probably end up 4-6 or 5-5 wins player of year. Not that it matters anyways cause the Svc doesn’t have a player of the year award anyways. Cooper will be offensive player of the year thats a given even though IMO there are 2-3 better Qb’s in the league. Defensive player of the year I don’t have the slightest clue. Lots of good players!

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Svcguru wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:24 pm
Rolltanks wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 6:18 pm 70 from Huntington gets my vote he was the best player I have seen so far.
He’s definitely good (possible lineman off the year good) but no way is a lineman from Huntington that is 4-4 and will probably end up 4-6 or 5-5 wins player of year. Not that it matters anyways cause the Svc doesn’t have a player of the year award anyways. Cooper will be offensive player of the year thats a given even though IMO there are 2-3 better Qb’s in the league. Defensive player of the year I don’t have the slightest clue. Lots of good players!
Zt qb will get it

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I would say Tuttle from unioto would be good pick for def he should get 100 tackles but doubt unioto gets any of the player of the year rewards

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:58 pm
Svcguru wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:24 pm
Zt qb will get it
Zt Qb will get what?

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

Rolltanks wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 9:59 pm I would say Tuttle from unioto would be good pick for def he should get 100 tackles but doubt unioto gets any of the player of the year rewards
Tuttle could very easily win defensive player of the year. Especially with his numbers!

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Back of the year or whatever svc calls it

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Barnhart from ZT will get the Offensive Player of the Year.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

I know svc doesn’t do a first team offense, but if I was going to pick my starting svc all star team I would go with

QB cooper pv
RB griffin u
RB 7 Huntington
WR fox u
WR free pv
TE 80 zt
T 70 Huntington
Rest of line zt

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

https://svcsportstalk.weebly.com/2022-f ... aders.html

Here are the updated stats in the SVC

Back of the Year will likely come down to Cooper and Langley, likely going to the senior in Cooper. Dreitzler won’t get it, but he’s having a monster year.

Offensive Lineman of the Year should go to a ZT lineman

Defensive Lineman of the Year will be interesting. No real idea where that goes. This could be where Barnhart gets his due.

Defensive Back of the Year could be either Langley or Cooper, but I could also see it going to Griffin for his overall impact

It would be nice to have a WR of the year if we are going to have Kicker/Punter and Special Teamer too. I haven’t seen a lot in terms of kickers or punters, but I’m guessing Unioto takes those spots too. But, I really don’t know.

Bozo
S

Post by Bozo »

Too many awards. There should only be about three awards.

danicalifornia
SEOPS HOF

Post by danicalifornia »

Bozo wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:56 pm Too many awards. There should only be about three awards.
I don’t even know if you need to go beyond Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year

Way too many.

se-alum
All Conference

Post by se-alum »

Cooper or Langley get Offensive Back of the Year, whomever doesn't win that will get Defensive Back of the year, that's typically how it goes in the SVC.

Dreitzler is having a big year yards wise, but it's all relative. He's carried the ball nearly 80 more times than anyone else in the league.

GeneralCarpenter
JV Team

Post by GeneralCarpenter »

If Griffin got more carries then I think he could’ve gotten offensive player but it’ll probably go to Cooper

HighLightReel
Freshman Team

Post by HighLightReel »

Back of year will probably go to Cooper. 4 year starter and still having a great season throwing and on the ground.

I can see offensive lineman going to someone from ZT. Having a rushing attack like them, the big guys up front make it happen.

Defensive lineman can be Black from Huntington. He makes plays all over the place from a DT position.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

danicalifornia wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:57 pm
Bozo wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:56 pm Too many awards. There should only be about three awards.
I don’t even know if you need to go beyond Offensive and Defensive Player of the Year

Way too many.
I could not agree more. I wish they did a format like basketball. First team, second team, third team each position voted on by other coaches. Also have honorable mention. Then have a player of the year on both sides of the ball.

Rolltanks
All Conference

Post by Rolltanks »

Svcguru wrote: Wed Oct 12, 2022 3:11 pm
danicalifornia wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 11:57 pm

Way too many.
I could not agree more. I wish they did a format like basketball. First team, second team, third team each position voted on by other coaches. Also have honorable mention. Then have a player of the year on both sides of the ball.
Yes first team, second team, honorable mention how it is supposed to be done

soggybottomtopper
JV Team

Post by soggybottomtopper »

I think typically, you want to limit awards, but for football, the rosters are bigger and you have a lot more players on the field than most sports. In a given night on the gridiron you could have 20 different players in a game. Some more. So, I think it is just to recognize as many names as possible to give the deserving players recognition. But, in relativity to basketball. You take top 5 times 3 teams, that is 15 players. In football, you would take the top 11 times 3 teams and that would be 33 players. So just the relative numbers means more players are going to be named. Either way, I am all for as many players being recognized as possible. Just my opinion.

Return to “Football”