Jackson 63 - 21 Washington 2022

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Re: Jackson vs Washington CH…FAC Showdown

Post by Ed Gennero »

Vik wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:09 pm Jackson is to sloppy to win this game. Plain and simple. Is there a team anywhere around with more fumbles? More penalties? If they were to avoid what they usually do they can win but I’m guessing a repeat of miscues. Washington 41 Jackson 31.
Was hoping to see Gallia Academy back on the schedule but if you can’t beat Rock Hill….we’ll pass .

Ducks
Waterboy

Post by Ducks »

Jackson by 2-3 scores

Vik
JV Team

Post by Vik »

Ed Gennero wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 10:59 am
Vik wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 5:09 pm Jackson is to sloppy to win this game. Plain and simple. Is there a team anywhere around with more fumbles? More penalties? If they were to avoid what they usually do they can win but I’m guessing a repeat of miscues. Washington 41 Jackson 31.
Was hoping to see Gallia Academy back on the schedule but if you can’t beat Rock Hill….we’ll pass .
We’re wanting to play Jackson but some at Jackson are to prestigious and scared to play football on grass and we don’t have much parking for your $80,000 Jeeps

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:01 am
countywide35 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:53 pm
VetteMan wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:28 pm

You most certainly did, and even posted it here. You felt very positive from the start that the Ironmen were going to beat Western Brown.

Offensive line full of seniors. Up to then how far the Ironmen go. They run and catch with anyone. But can anyone hit with the seniors ???
Can I ask what you're talking about?? Can anyone hit with the seniors, do you have to be a senior to hit or seniors do it better or what are you referencing you keep saying it but quite frankly haven't figured out what you're talking about. Jackson has had plenty of heavy hitting offensive lines over the years and it takes much more than a line to take a team where it needs to go.

My bad.
Typically who wins the battle between Tackle to Tackle LOS whatever you want to call it wins the football game. Without that. You don’t have anything happen with the football.
Run or throw.
Takes a lot of pieces to make that work the way it should. Jackson has an experienced offensive line. That makes me sometimes miss the big play with who has the football because not just one but 2/3 offensive lineman have someone on skates then 10/12yrds downfield pancakes em with a free fall of 200+lbs fallin right on top.

It’s a thing of beauty. You make it to the hill this Friday night. Check that out. Sometimes don’t watch the football the entire play and keep your eyes peeled on what’s happening
between the tackles. It won’t disappoint.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Vik wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 11:54 am
We’re wanting to play Jackson but some at Jackson are to prestigious and scared to play football on grass and we don’t have much parking for your $80,000 Jeeps

Come on man. There’s a lot of us that don’t have $80k jeeps too

Get with the times. How do you guys have the school campus you have down there. And not have a football stadium there ?? Seriously. It’s one of the nicest places I took a baseball game in last spring. And while I sat there with my high school football teammate watching our boys play baseball all I could think about
Was how in the world could Gallia Academy have all this. And for the history of GA Football SEOAL etc. not get a football stadium. BAFFLES me

I mean everything is there but not a darn thing for GA football. That’s still hard for me to grasp saying it again ha.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

And Jackson is looking for good competition, so probably a good thing for both.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:16 pm

Come on man. There’s a lot of us that don’t have $80k jeeps too

Get with the times. How do you guys have the school campus you have down there. And not have a football stadium there ?? Seriously. It’s one of the nicest places I took a baseball game in last spring. And while I sat there with my high school football teammate watching our boys play baseball all I could think about
Was how in the world could Gallia Academy have all this. And for the history of GA Football SEOAL etc. not get a football stadium. BAFFLES me

I mean everything is there but not a darn thing for GA football. That’s still hard for me to grasp saying it again ha.
I think the football folks upset the money man behind it all.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Can we get back to the game?

wch125….let’s hear it. How bad do the boys want this? Let down after going full bore at Chillicothe?

Ohio1234
JV Team

Post by Ohio1234 »

Chillicothe fan here:

My thoughts on Courthouse, this team is not the WCH of old they have everything Size Speed toughness good dline and great dbs, they turn the ball over and get penalized a lot but play unfazed by other talented teams they have an expectation to win this year which makes them hard to beat. That being said they were not better than Chillicothe Friday night 5 turnovers and poor execution beat Chillicothe who played their worst game of the season and lost to a good team. In my opinion Chillicothe would be Courthouse 7/10 times if they played. Jackson wins this game by two scores

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

Ohio1234 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:48 pm Chillicothe fan here:

My thoughts on Courthouse, this team is not the WCH of old they have everything Size Speed toughness good dline and great dbs, they turn the ball over and get penalized a lot but play unfazed by other talented teams they have an expectation to win this year which makes them hard to beat. That being said they were not better than Chillicothe Friday night 5 turnovers and poor execution beat Chillicothe who played their worst game of the season and lost to a good team. In my opinion Chillicothe would be Courthouse 7/10 times if they played. Jackson wins this game by two scores
Even though it may help ignite WCH even more….good to hear views of those that have actually seen them.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

countywide35 wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:10 pm
greygoose wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 12:01 am
countywide35 wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 10:53 pm

Offensive line full of seniors. Up to then how far the Ironmen go. They run and catch with anyone. But can anyone hit with the seniors ???
Can I ask what you're talking about?? Can anyone hit with the seniors, do you have to be a senior to hit or seniors do it better or what are you referencing you keep saying it but quite frankly haven't figured out what you're talking about. Jackson has had plenty of heavy hitting offensive lines over the years and it takes much more than a line to take a team where it needs to go.

My bad.
Typically who wins the battle between Tackle to Tackle LOS whatever you want to call it wins the football game. Without that. You don’t have anything happen with the football.
Run or throw.
Takes a lot of pieces to make that work the way it should. Jackson has an experienced offensive line. That makes me sometimes miss the big play with who has the football because not just one but 2/3 offensive lineman have someone on skates then 10/12yrds downfield pancakes em with a free fall of 200+lbs fallin right on top.

It’s a thing of beauty. You make it to the hill this Friday night. Check that out. Sometimes don’t watch the football the entire play and keep your eyes peeled on what’s happening
between the tackles. It won’t disappoint.
I gotcha ya man, I was sitting here trying to figure it out because I thought you meant only seniors get it done when you kept mentioning the seniors. Jackson is actually one of the teams I haven't got to see so far this year, I typically catch them come playoff time but I know the program well. It's also why in pre-season Cade was one of my players to watch in the area based how I felt they'd use him. How is N. Johnson doing? I know he had some big games as a freshman just in mop up duty last season.

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Always have to ask when I see this but you say WCH wasn't better and one of the reasons was the 5 turnovers, but didn't the QB throw 3 Ints in the 1st half? If this is the case are you saying WCH had nothing to do with creating those 5 turnovers?? Heard the same thing about WCH from a Paint Valley coach said they're just big and really fast across the board and don't mistake this WCH team for any teams from years past because these guys can play defense as well. Years past WCH always had the offensive power but they'd give up a ton on defense this year I really think the defense is on par with the offense.

Ironman61
Riding the Bench

Post by Ironman61 »

jose wrote: Mon Oct 10, 2022 7:39 am
Evidently you haven't seen WCH play-when it comes to discipline and penalties.
He’s just butt hurt because gallia football isn’t relevant nowadays. :lol: imagine being so salty you have to hope for another team to beat us every week because you know if we played gallia Jackson would beat them like a Cherokee drum :lol: :lol: :lol:

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Thoughts from the WCH game with Chilly first. If we play that game 7/10 times WCH still wins. WCH defense played extremely well and forced those turnovers. The penalties towards the end also helped Chillicothe quite a few times near the end of the game, very questionable Pass interference calls on good defense . The WCH defense has forced many turnovers all season long and it continued in that game.

WCH Jackson game- If the defense and offense continue to click I think we come away with the win. Its gonna be a very difficult place to play so as long as the Big Blue can keep there cool at Jackson and keep the penalties' in check that will be a factor also.

The defensive line I think will be a big key if we get pressure up front and shut down the run limiting yards and are able to pressure Winters and keep him contained we come away with the win.

Offense I think having a good balance of run and pass will help this game too ! We were able to run the ball well against Chilly if we can do that in this game it will set up our Big play receivers or hopefully we break off some long runs. We have a stable of good fast running backs.

The community is very excited and will travel to watch this game! Gonna be a good one and yes they believe they can win ! Lots of excitement around here.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Did a WCH coach get ejected vs Chillicothe?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:36 am Did a WCH coach get ejected vs Chillicothe?
Yes in the 4th qtr

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 9:55 am
countywide35 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 8:36 am Did a WCH coach get ejected vs Chillicothe?
Yes in the 4th qtr

Was it the HC? what does this do to the coach this week ?

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

countywide35 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:02 am
Yes in the 4th qtr

Pretty sure it wasn’t the head coach….they showed the HC all game (was on spectrum)….ejected coach was clearly someone other than the HC.

wch125
All State

Post by wch125 »

Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:26 am

Yes in the 4th qtr

Pretty sure it wasn’t the head coach….they showed the HC all game (was on spectrum)….ejected coach was clearly someone other than the HC.
It was not the head coach

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

wch125 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:48 am
Ironman92 wrote: Tue Oct 11, 2022 10:26 am

It was not the head coach

Makes sense then since it was not a headline for this game. Anyone know what transpired for Asst Coach be tossed??

Return to “Football”