Stadium Chairs

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Stadium Chairs

Post by Waverlyintheday »

How does schools continue to allow these. I was sitting at game last week and it was crowded where I was and 2 people sit right in front of me and put there chairs and they come all the way back to where I had to sit sideways. What does everyone else think

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Re: Stadium Chairs

Post by Tigernation2021 »

Waverlyintheday wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:35 am How does schools continue to allow these. I was sitting at game last week and it was crowded where I was and 2 people sit right in front of me and put there chairs and they come all the way back to where I had to sit sideways. What does everyone else think
Oh I hate them if you need something with a back like that you need to sit where there's an opening behind you. Now me if I'm sitting down and someone brings a stadium chair in and sits in front of me be prepared for knees in the back. I refuse to give them added room, a lot of times we're crowded in and you brought that sucker in I don't have to accommodate you because you obviously aren't giving any consideration to people behind you. Now there's some that fit just right to the seat and don't slide all the way back or lean back and that's fine, but these people who buy oversized ones don't sit in front of me.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I have one and it fits perfectly on the bleachers without disrupting anyone else’s space. A knee in my back will get you a knee in your face. Lol

DJT47
Riding the Bench

Post by DJT47 »

Well what about obese people? Y'all wanna go there? I didn't think so. Get over it.

Steely Dan
SEOP

Post by Steely Dan »

Game I attended last week they charged extra. Anyone with a stadium chair, it was 10 bucks to get in.

Doing someone else's Dirty Work....
Pinwheel
JV Team

Post by Pinwheel »

I usually just start coughing and hacking a lot, problem solved

Tigernation2021
Varsity

Post by Tigernation2021 »

DJT47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:08 am Well what about obese people? Y'all wanna go there? I didn't think so. Get over it.
Why not? Same thing you can slide forward and have your space doesn't mean you infringe upon mine.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

I have a friend from Waverly and it gets the best of him.
I think they are so wrong. People who us them are rude, inconsiderate who only worry about themselves. I have seen the ones that go straight up and those do not bother me.
I like they should have to pay extra to bring them in they are taking extra seats

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

Tigernation2021 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 9:39 am
DJT47 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 8:08 am Well what about obese people? Y'all wanna go there? I didn't think so. Get over it.
Why not? Same thing you can slide forward and have your space doesn't mean you infringe upon mine.
They must bring in the big chairs is only reason they defend them

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 6:51 am I have one and it fits perfectly on the bleachers without disrupting anyone else’s space. A knee in my back will get you a knee in your face. Lol
If they where all made like yours then wouldn't be a issue.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

I was at a track meet once and this family came in and set up canopy in front of people and the crap hit the fan. All I'm saying about this.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
formerfcfan
SEOP

Post by formerfcfan »

Many of the larger schools I’ve seen games at (regular season) were not allowing them — their position is that the chairs are hazards.

Waverlyintheday
Waterboy

formerfcfan wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 10:58 am Many of the larger schools I’ve seen games at (regular season) were not allowing them — their position is that the chairs are hazards.
You can not even walk through the isle because they touch the seat behind them. Bigger schools are smart because all it takes is for one person to fall and the school will pay the price. I have seen older people stumble because of them many times.

Fan of the youth
Freshman Team

Post by Fan of the youth »

Seat cushions are fine. Stadium chairs and those stupid pods at baseball/softball fields are the DEVIL! The folks that use them in front of people care about only themselves.

oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

I have seen the oversized ones, and they do infringe on others' space. I'm not a fan of that, and I think it is indeed inconsiderate. But, I don't think people use them just to be selfish. Many have back or other issues that make it tough to sit through a game. I know my Dad has stage IV cancer in his hip, and there's no way he could go to a game without a chair. Maybe schools could create a separate section and charge more for the ticket as some have suggested.

baller
Waterboy

Post by baller »

oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:27 pm I have seen the oversized ones, and they do infringe on others' space. I'm not a fan of that, and I think it is indeed inconsiderate. But, I don't think people use them just to be selfish. Many have back or other issues that make it tough to sit through a game. I know my Dad has stage IV cancer in his hip, and there's no way he could go to a game without a chair. Maybe schools could create a separate section and charge more for the ticket as some have suggested.
No one in the world would ever think that about someone like your dad. Any one who needs it deserves it. Sorry for your dad hope he gets better.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I've honestly never seen an issue with them. Portsmouth has a huge stadium and I sit up high normally so maybe I'm just not around people with them.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

surely one can get along with another for a high school football game.

If not. it sure is nice to watch from the couch on a live stream. Which have gotten quite nice. Announcers. Replays.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
oldschoolqb13
Varsity

Post by oldschoolqb13 »

baller wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 3:54 pm
oldschoolqb13 wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 2:27 pm I have seen the oversized ones, and they do infringe on others' space. I'm not a fan of that, and I think it is indeed inconsiderate. But, I don't think people use them just to be selfish. Many have back or other issues that make it tough to sit through a game. I know my Dad has stage IV cancer in his hip, and there's no way he could go to a game without a chair. Maybe schools could create a separate section and charge more for the ticket as some have suggested.
No one in the world would ever think that about someone like your dad. Any one who needs it deserves it. Sorry for your dad hope he gets better.
Yeah, not gonna work out that way unfortunately, but thanks Baller…much love.

Return to “Football”