bhicks42
Freshman Team

Re: Coal Grove Ironton, cant stop a moving train

Post by bhicks42 »

Tjhtygeverve wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:04 pm
RBH23 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:36 pm
Lovehoops1 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:23 pm

OMG seriously that might be the dumbest post in SEOP HISTORY
Pendleton runs up the score by keeping his starters in, and Ironton fans are shocked that Lucas wouldn’t shake his hand?

Now Ironton fans are stating that Lucas should have “taken it to the next level”?

Wow!!
IHS Playoff practice & 4q of play for starters & prep for gallia & PHS.

Very sinple:

Grove dismantled in 2nd half.
Ironton penalized themselves & let grove stay in it in first half.

BOTH TEAMS NEEDED TO PLAY FIRST TEAMS ALL GAME.

The handshake issue is pure child like from CG COACH.

IronTon ROLLS COAL!
How about the onside kick when your up 30? How about passing with under a minute to go when you’re up 48-6? I’m proud of our coach tonight. Pendletons lack of sportsmanship can’t go unnoticed even by you diehard Ironton morons.

I-TownFanatic
Freshman Team

Post by I-TownFanatic »

THe Hall kid is a train

Tigers roll!!

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

Bleeding Red wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:52 pm Wow what a beat down. I thought this game had potential to be close for a little while.

I guess when you run your mouth as a coach you can't get too p!ssed when the score gets ran up on ya!
🎯

BTWN_THE_LINE
REDMEN95
JV Team

Post by REDMEN95 »

jpemb32 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:11 pm Lucas wouldn’t even shake Pendleton’s hand.
This was very disappointing! These coaches SHOULD be roll models for these young men!

lololbyebye
Waterboy

Post by lololbyebye »

bhicks42 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:10 pm

Pendleton runs up the score by keeping his starters in, and Ironton fans are shocked that Lucas wouldn’t shake his hand?

Now Ironton fans are stating that Lucas should have “taken it to the next level”?

Wow!!

Very sinple:

IronTon ROLLS COAL!
How about the onside kick when your up 30? How about passing with under a minute to go when you’re up 48-6? I’m proud of our coach tonight. Pendletons lack of sportsmanship can’t go unnoticed even by you diehard Ironton morons.
And Lucas is a good sport? :lol: :lol: That’s funny.

ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

gobucs20 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:20 pm Very low class on the part of the cg hc. If he Was so mad he had pendleton right there at the middle of the field. Then why didn't he take it to the next step. I guess maybe he didn't want to get it handed to him in front of half of lawrence county.

Wow!!
Lucas didn’t pull his starters either, plus he’s the one pushing to get Ironton kicked out of the OVC.

BigCarlito72
JV Team

Post by BigCarlito72 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:23 pm

Wow!!
Lucas didn’t pull his starters either, plus he’s the one pushing to get Ironton kicked out of the OVC.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1665199481999.jpg

BTWN_THE_LINE
GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

I love the fact that CG #21 gave the shhh signal to the Ironton student section after his one and only touchdown of the game. He’s a good back but nowhere near good enough to be pulling that off. I think he got the shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from the Ironton defense for the next 47 minutes of the game. CG QB is a tough kid. He took some nasty shots but kept getting up. Those 2 young men are all CG has skill wise. The other backs I kept hearing about were basically non existent. I wish CG good luck the rest of the way and into the post season.

GoBigI
Freshman Team

Post by GoBigI »

Gobiggrove1 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:10 pm Eat a D I tiger

Hall 1 carry 50 yards and a TD
How many did he have on his 137 carries after that? Maybe I missed a few but it looks like they only scored 6 all night!

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

How many yards Hall finish with?

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

mattash wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:39 pm How many yards Hall finish with?
My town said he had 164 on 25 carries

Team ovc
Freshman Team

Post by Team ovc »

GoBigI wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:39 pm
Gobiggrove1 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 7:10 pm Eat a D I tiger

Hall 1 carry 50 yards and a TD
How many did he have on his 137 carries after that? Maybe I missed a few but it looks like they only scored 6 all night!
Evidently if he finished with 164 that first run was 65 so he must have had 99 on 24 carries which is pretty good against Ironton defense

Tjhtygeverve
SE

Post by Tjhtygeverve »

bhicks42 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 11:10 pm

Wow!!

Very sinple:

IronTon ROLLS COAL!

Perceive it as you need too so it settles well with you.

How about being the head coach of the team that has the potential to make a deep playoff run & you need all the real time practice scenarios possible to embrace to prep for that & your team & players have not developed as strongly as you want them to because you want your players to improve in every way they can for as much success as you feel they can produce, but have not yet played consistently at that level & the team you do have beat has not removed their 1’s?

Do you just say”nah” we will just try that trick kick next time were in the final 4?

NO- you keep pushing & pushing & creating the best team you can!

Ive watched every IHS game & they need every opportunity to practice in real time.

I will say, the onside kick may have been -v-opponnent’s 2nd team, BUT it was also a mix of IHS 2’s except for a few & the actual kicker -“1”- to gain practice.

You’re comments are coming from a place of frustration focused on a very talented coach that is turning SEO FB on its head & other teams frustrated fans, diehard or fair weathered, come here to dump their frustrations, WE ALL GET IT!

Yep, im a proud IHS DIEHARD & guess what? They need tons of real time practice every chance they get to even think about winning out, the OVC & repping SEO IN d5 R19, b/c its a LOADED region & DIVISION.

Coach PendleTon wants the best for his kids, teams, & squad & he is doing what it takes to make sure that happens & in doing so, some1 will always be on the bruised side of his actions, as will he when he has not pushed his team to live & succeed in real time, NOT :”Let’s just wait & practice this kick or .50 second passing route to score and win a game, when the OVC TITLE OR REGION is on the line.

It is called coaching & I’d continue to do the same unless, as a coach, My team played consistently all year & that has not happened as of yet….

#GoTgo

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Congrats on another win Ironton. Keep it going

6O HORN3TS 🐝
ohbuckeye2
SEOPS HO

Post by ohbuckeye2 »

Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:29 am Congrats on another win Ironton. Keep it going
Nice win by Kirtland tonight, keep going.

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:43 am
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 1:29 am Congrats on another win Ironton. Keep it going
Nice win by Kirtland tonight, keep going.
Thanks bud. We was 8-8 at the half. Ended up pulling away in the second half

6O HORN3TS 🐝
Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

ohbuckeye2 wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:14 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:51 am
Pinwheel wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:37 pm

He's always at work,he can read e mail at home ,no ?
Well he can, but he was still at the school at 10:30 tonight working! I’m sure he went home and relaxed for a little bit before he is back at it at 5am.
He was actually at the Armory from 7-8 doing a show with the voice of Ironton football Jason Philyaw. I would think he prioritizes his e-mails to look at and your probably not that far up on the priority list, I’m sure he’ll get to you eventually though lol.
Well apparently he came back because he was seen at the 7th grade football game and at the girls volleyball game which lasted until 9:30!

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Pinwheel wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 10:18 am
Fan Friday wrote: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:51 am
Pinwheel wrote: Thu Oct 06, 2022 11:37 pm

He's always at work,he can read e mail at home ,no ?
Well he can, but he was still at the school at 10:30 tonight working! I’m sure he went home and relaxed for a little bit before he is back at it at 5am.

He is a workaholic , always on the go , practice 7 days a week sometimes ,not even God stands in his way 😆

But hey he's winning high school football games ,that's all that matters , priorities, priorities
Absolutely! The kids are having the time of their lives! And honestly that’s what it’s all about! Right?

RiverRatRay
SEOPS HOF

Post by RiverRatRay »

Let me tell you what I have seen out of Coach Pendleton. I first saw it at basketball games. The kids love this man. They flock around him. Young and the high school kids they like talking with him and he likes listening to them. This an is the energizer bunny. Where he gets all this energy is beyond me. It's all about these kids. There is nothing he won't do for them. Talk about a father figure. You can trash talk him all you want but I hope all high schools latch onto a man like this to help their sports programs. He is absolutely a diamond in the rough. No wonder kids want to play for him. I for one hope he never leaves Ironton.

Taylormade
Freshman Team

Post by Taylormade »

It actually started last year. Lucas ran his mouth after last years coaches meeting,Pendleton had already left. There was also a sign hung in the Irontons locker room at CG last year.

In a nutshell Lucas has too many teams in his way to win OVC championships. He wants Ironton out for that reason. Who's next Portsmouth, Gallia,Fairland?

Return to “Football”