Portsmouth 34 - 36 Gallia Academy 2022

MisterGalliaGuy2016
All Conference

Re: WK5 PORTSMOUTH VS GALLIA ACADEMY

Post by MisterGalliaGuy2016 »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:09 pm 36-34 Gallia…Portsmouth is the better team. Hard to win when the refs won’t let you
Final?

Beergogglebluez
SE

Post by Beergogglebluez »

Horrible officials but a HORRIBLE call by kalb to squib it after Portsmouth scored.

Operation Iraqi freedom 3. Sadr city/ eastern Baghdad 2005
Foosballs
Waterboy

Post by Foosballs »

A very strange squib kick call and very very poor officiating both ways all night.

portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Well in posting here for about 15 years I don’t think I’ve ever blamed the refs but this might be the worst crew I’ve seen.

VetteMan
SEOPS H

Post by VetteMan »

Congrats Gallia Academy on no doubt a " Thiller " over the Portsmouth Trojans. Sounds like quite a game..

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

Plain and simple refs were horrible
Don’t like to play that card typically
But they just were

I don’t think the squib was the call
I think he was trying to get it to the second level but just didn’t get it done

svac83
SE

Post by svac83 »

There was a lot of bad calls in the game both ways. I think Portsmouth got hosed a extra time or two. But the last play at the 33 was actually the right call happened right in front of me. That kid was actually down. The game was officiated so poorly it is also very hard to say who would of won otherwise.

I also thought both sides had some questionable coaching decisions in the last 2 minutes. I didn’t understand why Portsmouth used the second time out inside Gallia 20 late. They could of used a few more seconds off clock.

Have no idea why they kicked ball so short with 54 seconds left and Gallia having 3 timeouts only needing a field goal.

Not sure why Gallia didn’t put Franklin deep on last kickoff to ensure Portsmouth kicked it short. Not sure why Gallia did not call
A timeout on Portsmouth’s last drive and put a spy on the QB.

Great game tonight though. Don’t think either coached thrilled with there teams execution.

If Gallia wants to have a great season they need to execute much better

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

There were so many calls that didn't go Portsmouths way. Blatant block in the back in open field. Ptown QB fumble that was and GA QB fumble that wasn't. Both were obvious. The refs took the game in their hands and out of the kids. What a shame.

Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

svac83 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:37 pm There was a lot of bad calls in the game both ways. I think Portsmouth got hosed a extra time or two. But the last play at the 33 was actually the right call happened right in front of me. That kid was actually down. The game was officiated so poorly it is also very hard to say who would of won otherwise.

I also thought both sides had some questionable coaching decisions in the last 2 minutes. I didn’t understand why Portsmouth used the second time out inside Gallia 20 late. They could of used a few more seconds off clock.

Have no idea why they kicked ball so short with 54 seconds left and Gallia having 3 timeouts only needing a field goal.

Not sure why Gallia didn’t put Franklin deep on last kickoff to ensure Portsmouth kicked it short. Not sure why Gallia did not call
A timeout on Portsmouth’s last drive and put a spy on the QB.

Great game tonight though. Don’t think either coached thrilled with there teams execution.

If Gallia wants to have a great season they need to execute much better
I think the squib was the right call. He just hit the up man. Lol.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

I’ll start off by saying the QB for Gallia is really tough. Felt like I was watching Big Ben, kid was relentless. The Trojans fought hard, but a few things prevented them from winning. Read through this post and you can see the refs played a factor in the outcome, think I even seen a Gallia fan say something. Probably the worst officiated game I have been to. I could point out probably 5 calls that were wrong. Not me saying so because I’m a Portsmouth fan but legit wrong calls. 15 minutes on that touchback call just to still get it wrong lol But that’s not the entire reason Portsmouth lost. Didn’t care for the play call on the 2pt conversion, would’ve like to have seen Duncan keep it. The squib kick wasn’t a good call. Roth has done it numerous times and it’s worked, the Gallia kid just blocked it, but I don’t like the call. I’ll end it with Nolan Heiland is a stud. Give that kid the ball as much as possible. Good luck to GA the rest of the way.

Who Dey!
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

Yeah, Gallia fought hard for that win, we had several chances to win it but it wasn’t our night. The refs did nobody any good tonight and stretched this game out with constant huddles , confusion and adding time. It was pretty bizarre but it is what it is.

sportsnutscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsnutscioto »

This was collectively a poorly officiated game. When the rule book has to make an appearance on the field, you know you have a problem. The officials 100% played some part in the outcome of this game. Yes there’s a shortage of officials and yes they can get rode hard, that hasn’t changed in the lifetime of officiating at any level. But when you’re not seeing the play and you’re not making the right call, you’re going to hear the boo birds. This crew wasn’t in sync tonight and it seemed to have cost the Trojans on several more occasions during the contest.

biggdowgg
SEOPS HO

Post by biggdowgg »

Congrats to Gallia ,they won a hard fought game .

Portsmouth kids ,hold you head up ,this is two games you lost after taking the lead with less then a minute left against two good teams.. spring valley,and now Gallia.

Even though the officiating was horrible to say the least and most the big calls against us,the bottom line is , with under a minute left in the game why the hell do you kick the ball short and give both these teams short yardage and them only needing a FG to win???

I feel like the coaches have to take the Blame for not putting the kids in a situation to win , and put them in a situation to lose.

Proud of the kids,they played their asses off tonight.

GalliaGrad78
SEOP

Post by GalliaGrad78 »

Very poor officiating at this game. GAHS fortunate to get out with a win, bad calls all night both ways.

gobengals
Waterboy

Post by gobengals »

PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:42 pm I’ll start off by saying the QB for Gallia is really tough. Felt like I was watching Big Ben, kid was relentless. The Trojans fought hard, but a few things prevented them from winning. Read through this post and you can see the refs played a factor in the outcome, think I even seen a Gallia fan say something. Probably the worst officiated game I have been to. I could point out probably 5 calls that were wrong. Not me saying so because I’m a Portsmouth fan but legit wrong calls. 15 minutes on that touchback call just to still get it wrong lol But that’s not the entire reason Portsmouth lost. Didn’t care for the play call on the 2pt conversion, would’ve like to have seen Duncan keep it. The squib kick wasn’t a good call. Roth has done it numerous times and it’s worked, the Gallia kid just blocked it, but I don’t like the call. I’ll end it with Nolan Heiland is a stud. Give that kid the ball as much as possible. Good luck to GA the rest of the way.
The touchback call was correct. You just don’t know the rule. A punt that crosses the goal line without any player possessing the ball is a touchback. It doesn’t matter who touches the ball before it crosses the goal line. Possession of the ball is the thing that matters and no player of either team possessed the ball before it crossed the goal line. Anything that happens after the ball crosses the goal line is irrelevant. The only mistake made by the refs on that play was not to blow the play dead when the ball crossed the goal line. They added 10 seconds back to the clock to correct that mistake. The Portsmouth coach asked the refs to show him the rule in the rule book and they did. That’s what took so much time.

PtownClown
Freshman Team

Post by PtownClown »

Regardless
That was one of several
It wasn’t their best night

Super trooper
All State

Post by Super trooper »

I wasn’t at the game but chances are the refs didn’t decide the outcome of the game

sportsnutscioto
Waterboy

Post by sportsnutscioto »

gobengals wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:40 am
PTrojan59 wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:42 pm I’ll start off by saying the QB for Gallia is really tough. Felt like I was watching Big Ben, kid was relentless. The Trojans fought hard, but a few things prevented them from winning. Read through this post and you can see the refs played a factor in the outcome, think I even seen a Gallia fan say something. Probably the worst officiated game I have been to. I could point out probably 5 calls that were wrong. Not me saying so because I’m a Portsmouth fan but legit wrong calls. 15 minutes on that touchback call just to still get it wrong lol But that’s not the entire reason Portsmouth lost. Didn’t care for the play call on the 2pt conversion, would’ve like to have seen Duncan keep it. The squib kick wasn’t a good call. Roth has done it numerous times and it’s worked, the Gallia kid just blocked it, but I don’t like the call. I’ll end it with Nolan Heiland is a stud. Give that kid the ball as much as possible. Good luck to GA the rest of the way.
The touchback call was correct. You just don’t know the rule. A punt that crosses the goal line without any player possessing the ball is a touchback. It doesn’t matter who touches the ball before it crosses the goal line. Possession of the ball is the thing that matters and no player of either team possessed the ball before it crossed the goal line. Anything that happens after the ball crosses the goal line is irrelevant. The only mistake made by the refs on that play was not to blow the play dead when the ball crossed the goal line. They added 10 seconds back to the clock to correct that mistake. The Portsmouth coach asked the refs to show him the rule in the rule book and they did. That’s what took so much time.
So receiving team (R) touches kickoff on the five yard line or wherever it was and fumbled around trying to pick up the ball and kicks it into the end zone. Ensuing kicking team(K) then makes it down to get a touch on the ball in the end zone where the (k) team recovers it on the two yard line, that’s a touchback? I don’t agree and I don’t know the rule book agrees.

PTrojan59
S

Post by PTrojan59 »

gobengals wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 2:40 am
Nah I know the rules and just watched a replay of what happened, he picks up the ball at the 13 gets hit fumbles it and picks up the ball close to the 1 get hit and fumbles it forward out of the end zone back into the field of play where Portsmouth recovers. Horrendous call by a bunch of guys who shouldn’t be out there on Friday nights…maybe you were one?

Who Dey!
BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Super trooper wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 7:48 am I wasn’t at the game but chances are the refs didn’t decide the outcome of the game
Maybe not speak on poop you don’t know then? Good life lesson

Return to “Football”