WK4 Caldwell (3-0) @ Monroe Central (0-3)

MetalheadGamer87
Freshman Team

WK4 Caldwell (3-0) @ Monroe Central (0-3)

Post by MetalheadGamer87 »

Redskins have some athletes that can find the end zone.

MC has lost to teams a combined 9-0.

MetalheadGamer87
Freshman Team

Re: wk 4 Caldwell (3-0) @ Monroe Central (0-3)

Oh I just noticed that on their schedule. Was thinking there's no way they don't start 6-0 is there?

carbon_dated
All State

Re: wk 4 Caldwell (3-0) @ Monroe Central (0-3)

Post by carbon_dated »

Last year's game had 119 points total, year before 69. Could be more of the same.
Would not be out of the realm of possibility MC wins. Seminoles have to be in a bad mood and a W gives them life in a weak R27.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Re: WK4 Caldwell (3-0) @ Monroe Central (0-3)

Post by redskinwitness »

This will be a running clock. Caldwell has excellent skill position players, the line is the question mark but with the schedule it’s tough to judge how good they actually are. I do know if their tuneup with waterford had been a game it would have been out of hand and they competed for awhile with a good Williamstown team. Buckeye Trail was supposed to be better, that game was played in a monsoon with a 3.5 hour lightning delay with trail slowing the game down and it was still 17-6 with a pair of turnovers inside the 10 and the best player, Dudley, not playing. Unless they lay an egg against buckeye local they’ll be 7-0 when they play fort. They obviously aren’t fort but IMO they’re going to be 9-1 and at worst playing River or NC in the third rd. That region is awful outside of those three and Danville.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

redskinwitness wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:47 pm This will be a running clock. Caldwell has excellent skill position players, the line is the question mark but with the schedule it’s tough to judge how good they actually are. I do know if their tuneup with waterford had been a game it would have been out of hand and they competed for awhile with a good Williamstown team. Buckeye Trail was supposed to be better, that game was played in a monsoon with a 3.5 hour lightning delay with trail slowing the game down and it was still 17-6 with a pair of turnovers inside the 10 and the best player, Dudley, not playing. Unless they lay an egg against buckeye local they’ll be 7-0 when they play fort. They obviously aren’t fort but IMO they’re going to be 9-1 and at worst playing River or NC in the third rd. That region is awful outside of those three and Danville.

I agree with you completely. Been thinking we’d get River Vs Caldwell since week 1.

OvGuy
Freshman Team

Post by OvGuy »

EasternDspy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:15 am
redskinwitness wrote: Mon Sep 05, 2022 11:47 pm This will be a running clock. Caldwell has excellent skill position players, the line is the question mark but with the schedule it’s tough to judge how good they actually are. I do know if their tuneup with waterford had been a game it would have been out of hand and they competed for awhile with a good Williamstown team. Buckeye Trail was supposed to be better, that game was played in a monsoon with a 3.5 hour lightning delay with trail slowing the game down and it was still 17-6 with a pair of turnovers inside the 10 and the best player, Dudley, not playing. Unless they lay an egg against buckeye local they’ll be 7-0 when they play fort. They obviously aren’t fort but IMO they’re going to be 9-1 and at worst playing River or NC in the third rd. That region is awful outside of those three and Danville.

I agree with you completely. Been thinking we’d get River Vs Caldwell since week 1.
Don’t want to sound too bias but even still that game I believe River takes them out back behind the woodshed.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

OvGuy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 4:40 am
EasternDspy wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 12:15 am

Don’t want to sound too bias but even still that game I believe River takes them out back behind the woodshed.
Depends on if River works on run defense but maybe

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

Enough though region 25 has 8 or 9 more teams than region 27 . Danville for some unexplained reason , got moved to r25.

carbon_dated
All State

Post by carbon_dated »

Enough though region 25 has 8 or 9 more teams than region 27 . Danville for some unexplained reason , got moved to r25.
[/quote]

I think when they make regions they take it county-by-county so if one goes they all go.

icanpickem
All Conference

Post by icanpickem »

carbon_dated wrote: Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:13 pm Enough though region 25 has 8 or 9 more teams than region 27 . Danville for some unexplained reason , got moved to r25.
I think when they make regions they take it county-by-county so if one goes they all go.
[/quote]

Danville is the only d7 team in their county.

MetalheadGamer87
Freshman Team

That's just one less tough opponent for someone in region 27. Consider it an early Christmas gift from the OHSAA.

apowers1
Freshman Team

Post by apowers1 »

Caldwell 56-8. Just started the 3rd quarter.

redskinwitness
Varsity

Post by redskinwitness »

I listened to this one on the radio, sounded like a lot of penalties. Caldwell is explosive, a lot of weapons on the ground and through the air. I believe they had 4 different guys score tds over 70 yards last night. They did seem to give up some through the air on a drive early on.

Mydogskippy
Waterboy

Post by Mydogskippy »

Very impressed with Caldwell’s start to the season!

Return to “Football”