Don't look now but looks like Ironton has started their season by defeating 2 very solid teams.

scott1297
All Conference

Re: Don't look now but looks like Ironton has started their season by defeating 2 very solid teams.

Post by scott1297 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:32 pm
XandOs wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:37 pm
SiderBlood wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:33 pm Not a shock in the slightest. If they don't go undefeated to the State title game then that is a disappointment. I think the bigger shock is teams are keeping it close
They are replacing their entire OL and DL. Any other team that does that in SEO is not going to fare well. They’ve played two of the best teams in SEO at their home fields and both return majority of their guys and beat them both. Ironton isn’t clicking yet but when they do. This team is going to be scary.
Yup. Highest ceiling.
Burg also replaced almost entire O line and D line and all their linebackers ? But that's just the way it is in high school you don't rebuild you reload if your program is top notch

Burg grad 85
Jolly P(irate)
SEOP

Re: Don't look now but looks like Ironton has started their season by defeating 2 very solid teams.

Post by Jolly P(irate) »

Ironton wins 2 games and already talking about a State Title. 🤣. I'll be honest, I thought Ironton would dog walk Burg up and down the field. They should have..... but they didn't. I wouldn't get ahead of myself. I understand optimism, but if you draw Burg in the playoffs, look out.

wobycat
SEOPS

Post by wobycat »

Every report I got was Jackson should have won the game. Fumbled it away.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Jolly P(irate) wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 7:20 pm Ironton wins 2 games and already talking about a State Title. 🤣. I'll be honest, I thought Ironton would dog walk Burg up and down the field. They should have..... but they didn't. I wouldn't get ahead of myself. I understand optimism, but if you draw Burg in the playoffs, look out.
No one is getting ahead of themselves. I haven't read any true Ironton fans talking about winning a state title. Ironton haters have posted the state title bs.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

Ironton should have beat Jackson worse but they fumbled several times themselves.

gobucs20
JV Team

Post by gobucs20 »

How many penalties and turnovers did ironton have last night?. That will determine how far they go. More than anything

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Raider6309 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:24 pm
Kirtland80 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 12:21 am We are no longer in the same division and region as South Range. They look very good first 2 games. Dumped 37 and 42
Hopefully get to see another Fort Frye vs Kirtland game at state
Yes that would be a good game

6O HORN3TS 🐝
noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

frankie wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:13 pm Ironton should have beat Jackson worse but they fumbled several times themselves.
take away all the mistakes this came would have still been close
In the third did Ironton play better defense or did Jackson go to a different game?

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
THEEE_GAME
Varsity

Post by THEEE_GAME »

noreply66 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:54 am
frankie wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 8:13 pm Ironton should have beat Jackson worse but they fumbled several times themselves.
In the third did Ironton play better defense or did Jackson go to a different game?
Games are decided by who and who does not execute when it is time to execute. Ironton executed. Jackson didn't.

noreply66
SEOPS Hippo

Post by noreply66 »

THEEE_GAME wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 12:49 pm
noreply66 wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 10:54 am
Games are decided by who and who does not execute when it is time to execute. Ironton executed. Jackson didn't.
I would say they both did not execute about the same.

GO LOGAN..The anti-Christ is among us
BigSpoon
JV Team

Post by BigSpoon »

scott1297 wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 6:49 pm
THEEE_GAME wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 4:32 pm
XandOs wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 3:37 pm

They are replacing their entire OL and DL. Any other team that does that in SEO is not going to fare well. They’ve played two of the best teams in SEO at their home fields and both return majority of their guys and beat them both. Ironton isn’t clicking yet but when they do. This team is going to be scary.
Yup. Highest ceiling.
Burg also replaced almost entire O line and D line and all their linebackers ? But that's just the way it is in high school you don't rebuild you reload if your program is top notch
I thought Burg returned 9 starters on offense?

Return to “Football”