WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

XandOs
Varsity

Re: Wk-13:Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by XandOs »

SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:14 am After all the talk after game 1 I bet there is some nervousness in Tiger Town

Wheelersburg has gotten better. Ironton has gotten worse. Wheelersburg is playing at their talent level. Ironton is playing below it. Ironton fans said the offensive line is bad. How can you be that big up front, return that many guys, and not be able to effectively run the football? There is no way. I agree with others there is no meaning to the play calling. It’s all over the place like their pulling plays out of a hat. If Ironton plays anything like tonight Wheelersburg wins

Ironton has had a couple rough games on offense this year. How many teams in SEO have a freshman starting his 2nd game against a team that went 8-3 and many thought could beat Wheelersburg and they still win. I noticed that QB3 was struggling taking snaps under center so looks like they had to manufacture out of the gun. Bottom line is Ironton will show up ready Saturday night. Better believe that. Ironton seniors are 11-3 in the playoffs. Remember everyone was jumping off the Burg bandwagon after Minford game and they flipped the script against Waverly. These Tigers get healthy with that Defense they are very good.

Go2Guy
Waterboy

Post by Go2Guy »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:21 am
SWHITE2002 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:14 am After all the talk after game 1 I bet there is some nervousness in Tiger Town

Wheelersburg has gotten better. Ironton has gotten worse. Wheelersburg is playing at their talent level. Ironton is playing below it. Ironton fans said the offensive line is bad. How can you be that big up front, return that many guys, and not be able to effectively run the football? There is no way. I agree with others there is no meaning to the play calling. It’s all over the place like their pulling plays out of a hat. If Ironton plays anything like tonight Wheelersburg wins

Ironton has had a couple rough games on offense this year. How many teams in SEO have a freshman starting his 2nd game against a team that went 8-3 and many thought could beat Wheelersburg and they still win. I noticed that QB3 was struggling taking snaps under center so looks like they had to manufacture out of the gun. Bottom line is Ironton will show up ready Saturday night. Better believe that. Ironton seniors are 11-3 in the playoffs. Remember everyone was jumping off the Burg bandwagon after Minford game and they flipped the script against Waverly. These Tigers get healthy with that Defense they are very good.
Irontons biggest enemy is the terrible play calling. Keep feeding#7 and #15 the ball. Why would you even consider running a QB sneak? Down to last QB now. Come on stop drawing plays out of a hat.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Re: WK13 Ironton vs. The Burg

Post by SWHITE2002 »

Then why play a freshman? They have a senior there in Masters who has Varsity experience at Quarterback running a better - more complicated offense

Fact is it looks like Ironton is more concerned with using everyone trying to keep people happy then just doing what works, which is run 7 and 15

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

That offense sure looked better and more complicated week
1. How many points has Burg scored this year. Also if
tingle doesn’t get hurt tonight Burg is sitting at home week
13 losing to Ridgewood worst team in the last 3-4 years.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Ironton will be just fine. Every team has bad games. Problem most teams have is they can’t muster enough offense to beat Ironton. Portsmouth didn’t move the ball tonight. They got a short field on a TO on bad snap and hit a couple passes. Other than that. They never sniffed the endzone.

SWHITE2002
JV Team

Post by SWHITE2002 »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:38 am That offense sure looked better and more complicated week
1. How many points has Burg scored this year. Also if
tingle doesn’t get hurt tonight Burg is sitting at home week
13 losing to Ridgewood worst team in the last 3-4 years.
Probably
But this is probably the least talent Wheelersburg has had in at least 10 years and here they are again

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

Ironton is down 5 starters and on 3rd string freshman QB. Name another school still playing battling that. The good thing is hopefully they get a few of those back for this coming weeks
Big game.

XandOs
Varsity

Post by XandOs »

I’m hearing Wheelersburg still can’t throw the football. Has anyone been able to run the football on Ironton this year? Running team plays right into Irontons strength.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:50 am I’m hearing Wheelersburg still can’t throw the football. Has anyone been able to run the football on Ironton this year? Running team plays right into Irontons strength.
May not be their strength but they can still throw the ball. WR #4 Clark is a very solid player along with #18 Lattimore. They also moved #26 Williams to TE some. Honestly think its a toss up but I like Burgs odds if it ends up a low scoring game like I think it will be.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

XandOs wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:50 am I’m hearing Wheelersburg still can’t throw the football. Has anyone been able to run the football on Ironton this year? Running team plays right into Irontons strength.
They threw it well against Wood

RBH23
S

Post by RBH23 »

Completely agree about running against Ironton. Don’t think Burg can win by just slugging it out on the ground against Ironton. As you said, that definitely plays in Ironton’s favor.

Burg took the lead against Ridgewood by going to the air. They will need to do the same to have any chance against Ironton.

BuckeyeBlood
All Conference

Post by BuckeyeBlood »

Ironton’s secondary is suspect. If Burg o line can give the QB time to throw they can move the ball through the air. Portsmouth had a backup QB and a not very good line and had some success.

scott1297
All Conference

Post by scott1297 »

BigBlueNation wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 9:41 pm Wonder where it will be played, maybe Jackson.
My guess is this game will be played in portsmouth

Burg grad 85
TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

BuckeyeBlood wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:29 am Ironton’s secondary is suspect. If Burg o line can give the QB time to throw they can move the ball through the air. Portsmouth had a backup QB and a not very good line and had some success.
Agree. Ironton struggles moving it. Feeling Ironton a pretty big underdog in this one. Hopefully they can play well enough to make it competitive.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Very nerve racking game for ironton fans. Weren’t very humble after week 1. Pressure all on the Tigers

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:49 am Very nerve racking game for ironton fans. Weren’t very humble after week 1. Pressure all on the Tigers
I think a lot of Ironton fans are gonna be surprised with the score lol win or lose I look for this to be a low scoring game.. no final score of 30-6 like im sure a good bit are expecting. Fingers crossed for a classic!!

LucasDavenport
SEOPS HOF

Post by LucasDavenport »

Camp North Star > Camp Mohawk
Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Give me the burg in an upset! Not easy to beat a team twice

TigerBob
All Conference

Post by TigerBob »

LucasDavenport wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:16 am
Think that could be more of an issue in NE/SW part of state. Plenty of sites with not as many games in our area.

You guys are fools if you think Ironton a favorite. Tigers will struggle to score twice. Wheelersburg is rolling right now. Tigers can win but it will take a big effort.

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

Ironmen34 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:30 am Give me the burg in an upset! Not easy to beat a team twice
No it’s not easy, but they beat Portsmouth twice this season! I’ll also add with a freshman 3rd string quarterback and numerous other starters out hurt.

Return to “Football”