Fort Frye 36 Nelsonville-York 6 2021 Playoffs

NY BUCK
All State

Re: WK 12: 8. Nelsonville-York (8-3) @ 1. Fort Frye (9-1)

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:13 am
NY BUCK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:00 am Another problem with NYs schedule this year was we got no help from our conference teams. They did horrible out of conference and the ones that did win played nobody. I wish NY would replace Oak Hill with Fort in regular season.
With 16 teams making the playoffs I see no reason why these to should not play. Still mad I never got to go to Boston Field because of Covid.
I agree. I believe next season is our last contract year with Oak Hill but I am not certain on that. Hopefully we can play again soon and get a game at NY, or maybe you can get a neutral site game here. We used to get playoff games all the time but with everybody around us getting turf we hardly get them now.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Omaha wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:20 am
NY BUCK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:00 am Another problem with NYs schedule this year was we got no help from our conference teams. They did horrible out of conference and the ones that did win played nobody. I wish NY would replace Oak Hill with Fort in regular season.
With 16 teams making the playoffs I see no reason why these to should not play. Still mad I never got to go to Boston Field because of Covid.
All the information I get is second or third hand so take it for what it's worth, but I've heard that Logan may be getting back on the schedule soon and that Newark Catholic might not renew after this contract is up. I've also heard that NY has been talking to a team or 2 about future scheduling. I think they should keep Oak Hill on there schedule. Week 5 is not the time to throw in a really tough team on your schedule.
I have heard Logan thrown around also but in my opinion with 16 teams making the playoffs now. Oak Hill provides no benefit for NY right now.

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

NY BUCK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:26 am

All the information I get is second or third hand so take it for what it's worth, but I've heard that Logan may be getting back on the schedule soon and that Newark Catholic might not renew after this contract is up. I've also heard that NY has been talking to a team or 2 about future scheduling. I think they should keep Oak Hill on there schedule. Week 5 is not the time to throw in a really tough team on your schedule.
I have heard Logan thrown around also but in my opinion with 16 teams making the playoffs now. Oak Hill provides no benefit for NY right now.
With 16 teams making the playoffs you don't really need to have them "benefit" you. The TVc was down a bit as a whole this year. It will start coming back up the next couple of years.
Alex and River Valley will almost always be where they are at now but VC, Athens, and Meigs will get better.

"Do what you do, and do it well"
Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

Wellston is a middle of the pack team and will stay there

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Omaha wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:31 am
NY BUCK wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:26 am
With 16 teams making the playoffs you don't really need to have them "benefit" you. The TVc was down a bit as a whole this year. It will start coming back up the next couple of years.
Alex and River Valley will almost always be where they are at now but VC, Athens, and Meigs will get better.
You can look at it both ways I think. I guess I would rather just play a tougher schedule to get ready for the playoffs. I think Athens will be back to battling for title week 10 for sure. They were really young. I think I saw where VC loses 18 seniors so will be interesting to see what they do.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

This is why I asked if you think you could have seeded higher with a different schedule. You got very little help from the teams you beat. Do you think you are a 5 masquerading as an 8? A 4?

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

efarns wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:02 am
This is why I asked if you think you could have seeded higher with a different schedule. You got very little help from the teams you beat. Do you think you are a 5 masquerading as an 8? A 4?
I think NY is better then an 8 seed for sure but in reality we didn’t take care of business on our end either and lost 3 non conference games and have to deal with what we dealt. Definitely didn’t do ourselves any favors. Thought centerburg was a tough draw. Thought we would win but not like that. Then we all knew what was waiting on us in round 2 if we drew the 8 seed. Excited to see how this game goes.

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

Is NY better than Northmore, Afrocentric, and Symmes Valley? Yes
Barnesville? Not sure. Seems like they played a decent schedule so can't say either way because I am not knowledgeable about them.

efarns
S

Post by efarns »

Omaha wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:29 am
Is NY better than Northmore, Afrocentric, and Symmes Valley? Yes
Barnesville? Not sure. Seems like they played a decent schedule so can't say either way because I am not knowledgeable about them.
I think that's a fair answer.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:19 am I understand that Nelsonville-York has improved. The thing is Fort Frye could of scored more on Trimble if they wanted to. Fort Frye ran for 300 yards without Owen Brown.
The thing is, Trimble isn’t very good and that’s what you hang your hat on. I’ve watched them play and they are below average.

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:55 am
EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 10:19 am I understand that Nelsonville-York has improved. The thing is Fort Frye could of scored more on Trimble if they wanted to. Fort Frye ran for 300 yards without Owen Brown.
The thing is, Trimble isn’t very good and that’s what you hang your hat on. I’ve watched them play and they are below average.
Trimble would beat the brakes off Athens, just like Nelsonville did.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
portsmouth_98
All State

Post by portsmouth_98 »

I don't know what Oak Hill has coming up but I know it's a huge step up they made going from the Soc 1 to Soc 2.

Fanatic
Varsity

Post by Fanatic »

That’s just a comparison that TVC folks will understand, they also beat 6 teams with winning records, 6 teams in the playoffs, 4 moving on to second round, 1 West Va school that is 7-2 and just beat #1 team in the state. So I think FF has more than just Trimble to hang their hat on.

Bulldog84
All Conference

Post by Bulldog84 »

koondoger wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:02 pm
Well they had their chance in jamboree game and they didn’t

Stop making excuses and start making things happen!
Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:44 pm

Our entire regular season schedule would beat Athens. We aren't just hanging our hat on Trimble. They were at best the 4th best team we played

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Fanatic wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:34 pm That’s just a comparison that TVC folks will understand, they also beat 6 teams with winning records, 6 teams in the playoffs, 4 moving on to second round, 1 West Va school that is 7-2 and just beat #1 team in the state. So I think FF has more than just Trimble to hang their hat on.
Don't talk logic to Bulldog84 or Dundas. It doesn't work and level of envy is high

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

Bulldog84 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:44 pm

Oh, okay that makes sense that you would argue that since it isn't a real game and the only common opponent Trimble beat and that team beat the brakes off of Athans. But I've seen your logic on here before so no surprise. Are you and Dundas twins? :mrgreen:
Last edited by koondoger on Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Retirement life is the greatest! That's how teh koondoger sees it! Selling cars ain't too bad neither. :mrgreen:
EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Fort Frye lead all D6 in Harbin points meaning they played one of the toughest schedules in the state. Trimble not even close to the best team they beat St Henry and Zanesville both better than Trimble. LCC game got Fort Frye prepared for playoffs. Fort Frye won’t face a team tougher than Zanesville or St Henry until maybe regional finals but even then I’m not sure.

koondoger
JV Team

Post by koondoger »

EasternDspy wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 12:54 pm Fort Frye lead all D6 in Harbin points meaning they played one of the toughest schedules in the state. Trimble not even close to the best team they beat St Henry and Zanesville both better than Trimble. LCC game got Fort Frye prepared for playoffs. Fort Frye won’t face a team tougher than Zanesville or St Henry until maybe regional finals but even then I’m not sure.
That 84/Dundas guy is goofy. He probably thinks since Trimble took it easy on Athens in a preview that Athens could beat FF. :mrgreen:

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Nelsonville being a run team plays perfectly into what Fort Frye wants to do.

Return to “Football”