Fort Frye 36 Nelsonville-York 6 2021 Playoffs

Dundas
SEOPS

Re: WK 12: 8. Nelsonville-York (8-3) @ 1. Fort Frye (9-1)

Post by Dundas »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:26 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:22 pm
Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:21 pm
VC could only hope to be a hocking level team. Maybe one day they can achieve that level. Beating Warren would be a good step
If Warren were in the hocking, that might make sense.
Use them as a stepping stone to get to hocking level. Good luck next year and here's hoping you get 9 or 10 kids to move into the district to catapult your team into maybe the 2nd round of the playoffs and a 2nd place finish in the Ohio. Great accomplishments and keep up the fight. We are all pulling for you guys.
Haha I love being Fort envious. We normally lose kids to Jackson. But thanks for the well wishes. We know you’ll be watching. Maybe when you join the hocking, we can play you on the Shriners preview at Athens. I’ll buy you a popcorn.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:28 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:22 pm

If Warren were in the hocking, that might make sense.
Use them as a stepping stone to get to hocking level. Good luck next year and here's hoping you get 9 or 10 kids to move into the district to catapult your team into maybe the 2nd round of the playoffs and a 2nd place finish in the Ohio. Great accomplishments and keep up the fight. We are all pulling for you guys.
Haha I love being Fort envious. We normally lose kids to Jackson. But thanks for the well wishes. We know you’ll be watching. Maybe when you join the hocking, we can play you on the Shriners preview at Athens. I’ll buy you a popcorn.
VC schools schedule Jackson before FF, better team , bigger gate , closer drive

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ironmen98 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:32 pm
Boom. Or Chillicothe, Amanda CC, Bloom Carroll, Teas Valley, Waverly, Wheelersburg, Ironton. Should I go on?
Last edited by Dundas on Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 pm I think NY and Fort still play this weekend, so I guess I’ll talk about the game lol. I’m excited for the trip back to Beverly. NY has been playing really well and this will be a good measuring stick to see how the younger guys do against a team of this caliber. Looking at the stats the last two games. NY has completed three passes the last two weeks, which we really haven’t needed to throw but will have to this week in my opinion. If we don’t develop a passing game I think Forts line and LBs will eat our run game up all night. Will have to give them something else to look at.
Play action will be your friend in this game. I feel you'll need at least one big play in the passing game to have a shot. Your defense has always been tough. Has NY faced a team with multiple take it to the house type players or have they been able to key on one player?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:21 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:18 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:18 pm

Just stating facts bro. Enjoy your run.
You are talking the past we talking about now old head.
Gotcha. Can’t talk about the past. ✅. Can only talk about fort being dominate. ✅ Forts too good for the TVC ✅ yet they still talk trash to the TVC for not wanting them. ✅

It has nothing to do with the thread.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

So VC plays jackson in football? Good team and good program

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:34 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:21 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:18 pm

You are talking the past we talking about now old head.
Gotcha. Can’t talk about the past. ✅. Can only talk about fort being dominate. ✅ Forts too good for the TVC ✅ yet they still talk trash to the TVC for not wanting them. ✅
I’ve already said you guys win this one. Congrats.

It has nothing to do with the thread.
I’ve already said you guys win this one. Congrats.
Last edited by Dundas on Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:33 pm

Boom. Or Chillicothe, Amanda CC, Bloom Carroll, Teas Valley, Waverly, Wheelersburg, Ironton. Should I go on?
So which of those have you played in football? Let's say last 5 or 10 years to make it easy

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:25 pm I think NY and Fort still play this weekend, so I guess I’ll talk about the game lol. I’m excited for the trip back to Beverly. NY has been playing really well and this will be a good measuring stick to see how the younger guys do against a team of this caliber. Looking at the stats the last two games. NY has completed three passes the last two weeks, which we really haven’t needed to throw but will have to this week in my opinion. If we don’t develop a passing game I think Forts line and LBs will eat our run game up all night. Will have to give them something else to look at.
Agreed. Fort Frye front 8 is really good. They thrive vs teams that run the ball.

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:37 pm
Dundas wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:33 pm

So which of those have you played in football? Let's say last 5 or 10 years to make it easy
Bloom and Waverly. Plus Point Pleasant. But let’s get back to the thread before we get it taken down

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Who cares about VC? Fort Frye plays Nelsonville-York which is the best team in the Hocking.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:34 pm
Play action will be your friend in this game. I feel you'll need at least one big play in the passing game to have a shot. Your defense has always been tough. Has NY faced a team with multiple take it to the house type players or have they been able to key on one player?
Play action has been successful this year for us when have needed to use it. My biggest concern with that is if our line can contain forts d line long enough for it to develop. The only teams we have faced that had multiple threats would be Trimble and Newark Catholic. After week 2 we have just been able to really focus on one good or decent player and contain it. Week 3 probably an outlier because we had 9 starters out but should have still won the game probably. Liberty Union is not very good. Centerburg had some good athletes that we was able to contain but nothing like Fort has from what I have seen this year.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:37 pm
Agreed. Fort Frye front 8 is really good. They thrive vs teams that run the ball.
Have been very impressed with your D-Line and LBs past couple few years

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:39 pm Who cares about VC? Fort Frye plays Nelsonville-York which is the best team in the Hocking.
Actually, they’re in the Ohio. Lol

Dundas
SEOPS

Post by Dundas »

EasternDspy wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:39 pm Who cares about VC? Fort Frye plays Nelsonville-York which is the best team in the Hocking.
The three Fort posters on this site seem to have an issue with VC. So maybe you should ask them.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:39 pm
Play action has been successful this year for us when have needed to use it. My biggest concern with that is if our line can contain forts d line long enough for it to develop. The only teams we have faced that had multiple threats would be Trimble and Newark Catholic. After week 2 we have just been able to really focus on one good or decent player and contain it. Week 3 probably an outlier because we had 9 starters out but should have still won the game probably. Liberty Union is not very good. Centerburg had some good athletes that we was able to contain but nothing like Fort has from what I have seen this year.
I was thinking more about getting the qb on the edge off play action. I think you're right, traditional pocket passes off play action are very risky and depends on line blocking well. Ff d line is their strength for sure.

SVTRaptor
Waterboy

Post by SVTRaptor »

FF 42 NY 14
FF on another level and I expect them to win the region however that's why they play the games on the field!
Last edited by SVTRaptor on Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NY BUCK
All State

Post by NY BUCK »

Ff3233 wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:47 pm
NY BUCK wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:39 pm

I was thinking more about getting the qb on the edge off play action. I think you're right, traditional pocket passes off play action are very risky and depends on line blocking well. Ff d line is their strength for sure.
Yea our QB does a good job of taking off early off the play action if he doesn’t see anything. We will be more prepared then our last trip but I think most people with any sort of football knowledge knows it will be a tall task for the bucks. Good think is we are young so we should be seeing some more playoff match ups between the two in the future hopefully.

NY BUCKS
All State

Post by NY BUCKS »

Ny has to get to the ball fast and arrive with Force.
Make them come up the middle and wrap up !!

Omaha
Riding the Bench

Post by Omaha »

Why would NY need to "Develop" their passing game?
They have shown they can throw the ball and they have good recovers. The fact that they haven't had to throw the ball doesn't mean they don't have a passing game. Also, the Cadets do have a really good run defense from what I've heard but NY has a really good oline as well. I agree that the Buckeyes will have to throw the ball.
On the defensive end, I'll take NY's D-line and linebackers up against anyone any day. Not one team has been able to stop Martin in 11 weeks at D-end. Loge is a stud, Richards is darn good as well (see, I finally bought a program).

Fort Frye is pretty darn good team. They have been very successful for a while, but if they underestimate NY, they will find themselves in trouble.

"Do what you do, and do it well"

Return to “Football”