WK 8: Caldwell (4-3) @ Fort Frye (6-1)

Ff3233
All Conference

Re: WK 8: Caldwell (4-3) @ Fort Frye (6-1)

Post by Ff3233 »

BobcatQB wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:13 am
caldwellbasketball wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:45 pm All OL/DL not allowed to participate this week due to exposure. Skill kids lifting this week. Missing games sucks, win or lose, kids don’t get those back but if they had been able to play they definitely would have, coach Ruck has a really young team and he wants them on the field. If you start a comment with “rumor has it” 99.9% of the time it’s not true or missing some important details.
Exactly..quit starting rumors. Do you really think those kids/coaches don't want to play?
It's been said/heard by multiple people that the head coach at Caldwell has "done" the math when it comes to making the playoffs. Also that it would be great if they didn't have to play FF. I'm not saying this is why the game was canceled, but I am saying that he probably didn't put up much of a fight for this game to be played. Don't know how many players Caldwell has on the roster, and have heard conflicting numbers on how many are quarantined. I've heard 5 players and also read on here that is was more. To me it depends on how many are available to play and if an entire section such as OL is unavailable. Hard to play when entire line is quarantined, but if they're not and have enough kids to play then the game should still be on

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Ff3233 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:39 pm
caldwellbasketball wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:45 pm All OL/DL not allowed to participate this week due to exposure. Skill kids lifting this week. Missing games sucks, win or lose, kids don’t get those back but if they had been able to play they definitely would have, coach Ruck has a really young team and he wants them on the field. If you start a comment with “rumor has it” 99.9% of the time it’s not true or missing some important details.
Exactly..quit starting rumors. Do you really think those kids/coaches don't want to play?
It's been said/heard by multiple people that the head coach at Caldwell has "done" the math when it comes to making the playoffs. Also that it would be great if they didn't have to play FF. I'm not saying this is why the game was canceled, but I am saying that he probably didn't put up much of a fight for this game to be played. Don't know how many players Caldwell has on the roster, and have heard conflicting numbers on how many are quarantined. I've heard 5 players and also read on here that is was more. To me it depends on how many are available to play and if an entire section such as OL is unavailable. Hard to play when entire line is quarantined, but if they're not and have enough kids to play then the game should still be on
You're strengthening my point..."it's been said/heard", "heard conflicting numbers", "heard 5 players"..

I'm not picking on you but the facts are that you didn't hear anything from the coach. So if you didn't hear it from the coach, how do you know it's true? Of course we all know that it will help Caldwell to not play the game in regards to the playoffs but that doesn't mean the coach said that. And even if he did say it, doesn't mean he's not playing because of it. It's a true statement so it really shouldn't matter if he said it..he's just stating facts.

Now, to your point, did they put up much of a fight? Don't know. I would hope that they considered all possibilities before cancelling. If you have 20 able bodies, you should be playing.

Ff3233
All Conference

Post by Ff3233 »

BobcatQB wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:00 pm

You're strengthening my point..."it's been said/heard", "heard conflicting numbers", "heard 5 players"..

I'm not picking on you but the facts are that you didn't hear anything from the coach. So if you didn't hear it from the coach, how do you know it's true? Of course we all know that it will help Caldwell to not play the game in regards to the playoffs but that doesn't mean the coach said that. And even if he did say it, doesn't mean he's not playing because of it. It's a true statement so it really shouldn't matter if he said it..he's just stating facts.

Now, to your point, did they put up much of a fight? Don't know. I would hope that they considered all possibilities before cancelling. If you have 20 able bodies, you should be playing.
Agree completely. Was hoping that my statements came across as more innuendo that fact. Just know the new coach does not want ff on the schedule, guess that will become fact when next year's schedule comes out.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

It kinda sucks because I was told Caldwell only makes profit on 2 games those being Fort Frye and other being Shenandoah. The games have rotated every year forever. Shenandoah at home one year and Fort Frye at home the next. Good luck trying to make money off the crowds you get from Connotton Valley and Newcomerstown. Caldwell has played Fort Frye tougher than any of the local schools. I’m just sad to see this rivalry coming to an end.

thetruthhurts
Waterboy

Post by thetruthhurts »

Did Tri Valley reach out to play this week?

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

thetruthhurts wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:47 pm Did Tri Valley reach out to play this week?
They talked about it was told both schools decided it was in both teams better interest not to play.

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

My inner Bill : On to Logan.

thetruthhurts
Waterboy

Post by thetruthhurts »

I wondered cause I thought River View canceled on them due to COVID too.

Stan Smith
Freshman Team

Post by Stan Smith »

EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:50 pm
thetruthhurts wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:47 pm Did Tri Valley reach out to play this week?
They talked about it was told both schools decided it was in both teams better interest not to play.
🤔 BS

EasternDspy
SEOPS Mr. Ohio

Post by EasternDspy »

Stan Smith wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 7:00 pm
EasternDspy wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 3:50 pm
🤔 BS
Tri Valley even tweeted that

BobcatQB
Varsity

Post by BobcatQB »

Ff3233 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:22 pm
BobcatQB wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 2:00 pm

Agree completely. Was hoping that my statements came across as more innuendo that fact. Just know the new coach does not want ff on the schedule, guess that will become fact when next year's schedule comes out.
Yep

Mister Bee
Varsity

Post by Mister Bee »

EasternDspy wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:41 pm
Mister Bee wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:24 pm Picking Fort Frye.
It’s canceled.
Well, crap.

I hope everyone gets better soon.

caldwellbasketball
JV Team

Post by caldwellbasketball »

Again, the entire O/D line group not allowed to participate in football activities due to exposure from a coach. If you guys want to play a 7 on 7 passing scrimmage they have skill kids available, they could do that lol. Those decisions aren’t in the coaches hands, administrators make those decisions with health department guidance.

Return to “Football”