Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Re: Cincinnati Moeller @ Ironton in the Tank

Post by Fan Friday »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:30 pm
XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:56 pm
Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:48 pm Anybody know why they don’t utilize the Miami commit? #24 blocks great and RUNS the ball great! He’s what 6’3 and 230 pounds? He runs over people. He has great hands and you see him not being played to his best ability. Surely the Pendelton’s see that! He’s as big as Reid Carrico was and could put a hurting on somebody! AND he was a great T/E. I don’t understand it! He even does great at linebacker and you don’t see him there. A lot of people are wondering the same thing in the stands.
Maybe because the game is won in the trenches. Wasn’t he recruited as a TE and DE. If you take him off the LOS on both sides you lose a guy that can rush the passer and control line of scrimmage. There’s more to winning footba than carrying the ball or just making tackles. I’ve seen them
Put him at FB and he does a nice job but then you lose the TE blocking prowess that is big in Ironton offense. I think as the season goes the duncan kid and others will be used more and more.
I did notice on the few touches he has gotten he hasn't showed a whole lot as far as ability to explode and make a big play. He's got some size and haven't really seen much at all from him catchin balls cause the passing game has been as bad as the running game.
I’ve seen one game he carried the ball 3 times and had 56 yards. He has 7 carries this season. #24 has not had any balls thrown to him this season. He’s not at TE.

FightingTiger99
JV Team

Post by FightingTiger99 »

Fan Friday wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:41 pm
FightingTiger99 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:30 pm
XandOs wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:56 pm

Maybe because the game is won in the trenches. Wasn’t he recruited as a TE and DE. If you take him off the LOS on both sides you lose a guy that can rush the passer and control line of scrimmage. There’s more to winning footba than carrying the ball or just making tackles. I’ve seen them
Put him at FB and he does a nice job but then you lose the TE blocking prowess that is big in Ironton offense. I think as the season goes the duncan kid and others will be used more and more.
I did notice on the few touches he has gotten he hasn't showed a whole lot as far as ability to explode and make a big play. He's got some size and haven't really seen much at all from him catchin balls cause the passing game has been as bad as the running game.
I’ve seen one game he carried the ball 3 times and had 56 yards. He has 7 carries this season. #24 has not had any balls thrown to him this season. He’s not at TE.
Is he likely to stay at fullback w Keys at the TB?

Fan Friday
Freshman Team

Post by Fan Friday »

:lol:
TigerBob wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:58 pm
frankie wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:22 pm
artisgilmore wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 3:52 pm

I guess you can read the future 99.This is one sad alumni.
artis I don't think fightingtiger99 is a Tiger alumni. :lol:
It’s the same clown who keeps getting back on and spamming every thread. Clearly needs to download a dating app or something.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

FightingTiger99 wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 9:27 pm
frankie wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 6:22 pm

artis I don't think fightingtiger99 is a Tiger alumni. :lol:
It’s the same clown who keeps getting back on and spamming every thread. Clearly needs to download a dating app or something.
Truth is I'm probably closer to knowing more than you about this program. Had close fam that started on both state teams, 79/89, I'm alumni, I was actually present for both titles. As a kid in the stands. Friends with some of the names discussed in this programs lineage. Grew up as family to some too. I don't have to write hallmark cards or be delusional to pass your imaginary test as to what a fan or supporter of this program is. Have been my entire life. I'm just not insecure or delusional. I can talk about football honestly. I don't have to write love letters on a sports chat board. And I am not so thin skinned I get on here and treat any criticism of my team as an attack or slander.
You don't have a clue about me & Tiger football. I sat in the in the stands as a kid, then played for 4 years and now have supported Tiger football for close to 50 years. :lol:

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

frankie wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:09 pm

Truth is I'm probably closer to knowing more than you about this program. Had close fam that started on both state teams, 79/89, I'm alumni, I was actually present for both titles. As a kid in the stands. Friends with some of the names discussed in this programs lineage. Grew up as family to some too. I don't have to write hallmark cards or be delusional to pass your imaginary test as to what a fan or supporter of this program is. Have been my entire life. I'm just not insecure or delusional. I can talk about football honestly. I don't have to write love letters on a sports chat board. And I am not so thin skinned I get on here and treat any criticism of my team as an attack or slander.

You don't have a clue about me & Tiger football. Truth is I sat in the in the stands as a kid, then played and now have supported Tiger football for nearly 50 years. I have traveled allover this state watching Tiger football. :lol:

FIDO
S

Post by FIDO »

Regardless of the outcome, the sun will shine, the moon will rise, and preparation for next week will go forward. The players just wanna play. They couldn't care less about the nonsense being discussed in this forum. It isn't on their radar.

frankie
Varsity

Post by frankie »

frankie wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:27 pm

Ed Monix
Waterboy

Post by Ed Monix »

You don't have a clue about me & Tiger football. I sat in the in the stands as a kid, then played for 4 years and now have supported Tiger football for close to 50 years. :lol:
Psh… you guys probably never even sniffed the field..

FightingTiger99
JV Team

FIDO wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 11:17 pm Regardless of the outcome, the sun will shine, the moon will rise, and preparation for next week will go forward. The players just wanna play. They couldn't care less about the nonsense being discussed in this forum. It isn't on their radar.
Agreed 1000%!! The "fans" who perpetuate they do just use that narrative because it's their own ego being bruised.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

Kudos on Ironton no matter how the game goes for scheduling this.
In my neck of the woods, we have Chillicothe canceling on Waverly due to Waverly going to virtual learning. Waverly football has zero positives or exposures. Chillicothe is now looking for another game!

(Chillicothe is afraid to take a loss to Waverly and used Covid as an Excuse)

GalliaTribe
JV Team

Post by GalliaTribe »

LetsBeReal wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:51 am Kudos on Ironton no matter how the game goes for scheduling this.
In my neck of the woods, we have Chillicothe canceling on Waverly due to Waverly going to virtual learning. Waverly football has zero positives or exposures. Chillicothe is now looking for another game!

Don’t worry Chillicothe will be playing Ironton next year with that new league they are trying to form with Jackson. Then Chillicothe will be wanting to cancel that game too.

LetsBeReal
JV Team

Post by LetsBeReal »

GalliaTribe wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:56 am
LetsBeReal wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:51 am Kudos on Ironton no matter how the game goes for scheduling this.

Don’t worry Chillicothe will be playing Ironton next year with that new league they are trying to form with Jackson. Then Chillicothe will be wanting to cancel that game too.
🤣🤣 they will make a post soon canceling it. Going to be trendsetters by giving a 365 day notice.

Svcguru
Freshman Team

Post by Svcguru »

I would be surprised if Ironton keeps this thing close. Moeller is a completely different animal. But that’s why you line up and play the game. Anything can happen. Props to Ironton for scheduling this game. Good luck to the Fighting Tiger’s

FightingTiger99
JV Team

CavalierAlum05
Varsity

Post by CavalierAlum05 »

Kuddos for scheduling I guess? No way this game is close.

SciotoCfootball
Varsity

Post by SciotoCfootball »

Would love to hear more about this.

Ironmen98
All State

Post by Ironmen98 »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:22 pm

Here we go again. Leave the FAC alone

art_vandelay
SE

Post by art_vandelay »

SciotoCfootball wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:22 pm

Me too.

If we talking conference realignment again, the following schools would make up a pretty solid conference: Chillicothe, Jackson, Waverly, Portsmouth, Ironton, and Gallia Academy. Wheelersburg would also be a fit competitively, but don't ever see them leaving SOC II.*

Kirtland80
All State

Post by Kirtland80 »

Good luck to the Tigers tonight

6O HORN3TS 🐝

Return to “Football”