Tri-Valley 3 Jackson 24 2021

countywide35
SEOP

Tri-Valley 3 Jackson 24 2021

Post by countywide35 »

Original game with a Licking Valley. Has been canceled due to the Licking Valley Covid issues. Jackson picked up tri Valley. Same time same place.

Hats off to the Jackson Admin for making this happen.

Shouldn’t need much motivation for this game.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Pat
Varsity

Re: Tri-Valley @ Jackson 2021 Week 3 (new game)

Post by Pat »

Just don't kick it deep with 1 second left unless you're up by at least 8 and you'll be fine. :mrgreen:

ironman02
SEOP

Post by ironman02 »

Love the willingness by both programs to play this game. Pretty awesome to replace such a solid opponent with another great program on such short notice.

I felt like Jackson let one get away against TV last year in the playoffs with several missed opportunities in a 14-12 game. Maybe the medicine that Jackson needs after last week's heart breaker is the chance to avenge that loss from last season. Let's get it done.

Gbigg75
Waterboy

Post by Gbigg75 »

Should be a great game , will this be online?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

I like it! It should be another battle.
Last edited by allamericanironman on Wed Sep 01, 2021 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mattash
Site Admin

Post by mattash »

Solid matchup

"you miss 100% of the shots you don't take. Wayne Gretzky"

Michael Scott
teach1coach2
All State

Post by teach1coach2 »

As of now, Tri-Valley has had very few students/staff with covid this school year (knock wood).

Licking Valley is our neighbor to the west (20 minute trip) and Zanesville is our neighbor to the south (15 minute trip) so it's coming our way. Hoping it skips on past.

TV plays hard and the kids have fun. Next man up from last year and team looked good the first couple weeks against quality opponents. TV has kids contributing from all grade levels (including a couple freshmen who are very talented).

Team is more pass than run. Offense has had some nice long drives and some big long plays. Defense is not overpowering, but gets enough stops for team to win.

So give me the Jackson run down.

old benchwarmer
Freshman Team

Post by old benchwarmer »

teach1coach2 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:24 pm As of now, Tri-Valley has had very few students/staff with covid this school year (knock wood).

Licking Valley is our neighbor to the west (20 minute trip) and Zanesville is our neighbor to the south (15 minute trip) so it's coming our way. Hoping it skips on past.

TV plays hard and the kids have fun. Next man up from last year and team looked good the first couple weeks against quality opponents. TV has kids contributing from all grade levels (including a couple freshmen who are very talented).

Team is more pass than run. Offense has had some nice long drives and some big long plays. Defense is not overpowering, but gets enough stops for team to win.

Aren't high school kids old enough to get the vaccine. I can't see why cancellations are still an issue. Or is it a southern Ohio thing?

allamericanironman
All Conference

Post by allamericanironman »

teach1coach2 wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 4:24 pm As of now, Tri-Valley has had very few students/staff with covid this school year (knock wood).

Jackson’s defense is quick to the ball best team speed ever. Depth is key to their success. Linebackers are Suffocating and will HIT. Look to break the will of opposition.

On Offense line play has been excellent. Look for unbalanced line and heavy sets nothing fancy ground and pound football. They are also more than capable when it comes to passing and pass protection. Can’t wait till Friday to see how it goes. After the ending the other night TV better be ready to play. I doubt the Ironmen are going to play nice.

artisgilmore
Varsity

Post by artisgilmore »

TV by 2 tds. Hope I’m wrong.

Ed Gennero
JV Team

Post by Ed Gennero »

Solid pick up. I’ll say TriValley wins 21-20

Proud_Pirate63
S

Post by Proud_Pirate63 »

Great pickup by both teams. Should be a good game.

Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

A must win for Jackson. They owe some payback and they have to finish off wins. A big game and a tough game….

Go Ironmen

greygoose
SEOPS

Post by greygoose »

Man, great pickup for Jackson coming off that very physical game with Ironton it's going to be interesting to see how they respond. Look for another low scoring game in this one. I'll give the Ironman the nod by 7 simply because it's at home and prep time.

countywide35
SEOP

Post by countywide35 »

artisgilmore wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 6:39 pm TV by 2 tds. Hope I’m wrong.

Wow. That’s a huge statement and giving Jackson at home

ZERO CREDIT

Print it and post it boys…fuel for your fire.

2019 FAC Football Pick’Em Champion
Ironman92
SEOPS Hippo

Post by Ironman92 »

I’m not sold on the playing at home being much of any advantage. Yeah it was great waxing Burg at home 2 years ago but TV last year and Chillicothe last year and a few years back for league title and 3? Years ago Hillsboro.

The stadium is great, band is huge, we have the most cheerleaders, video board is great and a flag pole so grandeur some VC people can’t handle it….but our crowd is meh, a bit spoiled, a lot entitled. Yeah there is a good number of people but outside of some of the players’ family members and some hard core Ironmen football fans and the glorious 10 10 year olds in the row behind me…..there isn’t that much noise. Student section….well most everyone is either in the 185 member band, 40 cheerleaders or on football team or on sideline.

So I’m not buying the home field advantage being much….doesn’t mean that can change and be great…but I don’t think any good team or program comes to Jackson in any sport and is intimidated or feels like they are up against too big of a challenge, to me it just feels like….we hate Jackson and let’s go make them feel like crap and the mindset to do whatever it takes.

Now….let’s be as disciplined as we were last week on defense and get this win!

Go Ironmen

Raider6309
SEOPS HOF

Post by Raider6309 »

Jackson gets revenge. Tri Valley definitely looks a lot smaller than those TV teams that gave Joe Burrow and Trotwood fits

Pit Stop Billy
Riding the Bench

Post by Pit Stop Billy »

Pat wrote: Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:56 pm Just don't kick it deep with 1 second left unless you're up by at least 8 and you'll be fine. :mrgreen:
Jackson goes up by 4 with one second left in the game. They kick an onside kick and touch it before a TV player can get to it and before it reaches 10 yards and since they are playing at home the second ticks off the clock to win a thriller that rivals the one vs. Ironton. :mrgreen:

Ironmen34
Varsity

Post by Ironmen34 »

Probably gonna be a close game if I had to bet. Play fast, hit hard, swarm to the ball and I like our chances

3rd String
Freshman Team

Post by 3rd String »

Jackson's secondary will have their first real test of the fall. Can Jackson stop TV from throwing the ball, can TV stop Jackson from pounding between 2 of the 5 tackles. I think Jackson opens it up a little this week as well.Only time will tell. I like Jackson chances in the secondary. Jackson 31 - 14. (if they clean up the issues they have on Kickoff)

Return to “Football”